Post a reply

Re: Paul Hunter Classic (Kreativ Dental Clinic ET 2) !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Fair point.

Though I saw the replay twice, and still I'm not sure who was correct. Player or ref.

Murphy's opinion is usually: "The referee was spot on. I love referees. In fact, here are some more rules they should have enforced during the match. Also, did you see what happened in the Ricky Walden match yesterday? And now we mention it, Steve Davis should've won the 1985 final, Mags should've had his chalk that time, Freddy Krueger shouldn't have killed those children. Here's what I think of Barry Hearn. And Mark Allen. And Kirk Stevens. Also, the BBC have done nothing with my kick proposals .....

:zzz:
Last edited by SnookerFan on 31 Aug 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

Allllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!.

Brilliant stuff from "The Captain",so pleased for him!.

I really do admire people like Ali,it,s amazing how some people can find there way again after being down and out.

Very well done Ali!.

:win: :happy: "The Paul Hunter Classic" champion 2015!. :happy: :win:

:peace: RIP Paul Hunter. :peace:

Postby Andy Spark

Well done Ali! :party:

BTW I've got disagree with Dave Hendon when he says that "it's not true that snooker is only a game". Snooker is only a game. It is only a stick and ball game, and if you can make it your livelihood then that's a bonus, but it doesn't confer unto snooker any real extra import. Shakespeare did not write "the slings and arrows of outrageous snooker" or "to be or not to be the snookered"

If you lose a snooker match, whether you're an amateur, novice or seasoned pro contesting the World Championship, pour yourself another drink and remember it's only a game. :party:

Postby Andre147

Happy that Ali won this tournament, although far from being my favourite player as I never liked his often negative style of play, this tournament couldn't have been won by a better person in that Ali managed to beat cancer twice and of course this tournament honours the memory of a player which unfortunately cancer got the better of him.

he was very emotional and rightly so.

As for Murphy and his "excuse" for the heat, I don't think he was the only player to complain about it, yes it works both ways and he was lucky to even be in the final in the first place, but still if it's very warm in the arena it must be very hard to properly focus. In the end the better player won the tournament, Murphy apart from the heat can't complain because he had more than enough chances.

Happy for Ali and for being back in the winner's circle. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:Well done Ali! :party:

BTW I've got disagree with Dave Hendon when he says that "it's not true that snooker is only a game". Snooker is only a game. It is only a stick and ball game, and if you can make it your livelihood then that's a bonus, but it doesn't confer unto snooker any real extra import. Shakespeare did not write "the slings and arrows of outrageous snooker" or "to be or not to be the snookered"

If you lose a snooker match, whether you're an amateur, novice or seasoned pro contesting the World Championship, pour yourself another drink and remember it's only a game. :party:

bullocks

if i was playing you id like to beat the crap out of you and if i lose id beat the crap out of the cat for weeks (if i had a cat).

Postby TheSaviour

That was a classy winning break from Ali. But why on earth Shaun decided to play pink while he had 21??! He could had easily disturb the reds or could had played to the loose reds if he only had played the black. Pinks like that are extremely difficult to pot, when you need to do even something with the cue ball. I spotted that "mistake" from Shaun immediately. That shot selection decided the title there.

Postby Andy Spark

Wildey wrote:bullocks

if i was playing you id like to beat the crap out of you and if i lose id beat the crap out of the cat for weeks (if i had a cat).

Well, if you are ever in Bournemouth we can have a game, but you would probably lose if you played me and I wouldn't want to be held indirectly responsible for cruelty to animals. Actually, I wouldn't mind taking on Roland; I'd love to beat him, we are not too dissimilar with our high breaks.