Post a reply

Re: 2015 Shanghai Masters Qualifiers

Postby Skullman

Been a good week for Grace then. Beat a number of players who he'd normally lose and is rewarded with a trip to Shanghai to face Selby (wildcard pending).

Postby Skullman

19:00

Anthony McGill 3-2 Kyren Wilson
Peter Ebdon 5-1 Jamie Burnett
Mark Davis 3-3 Tian Pengfei Streaming
Fergal O’Brien 3-3 Luca Brecel
Allister Carter 3-5 David Grace Streaming

Postby hendry_fan

Oh dear,a bitttttter pill for Ants McGill,but well done to Wilson.

Well done to Brecel also,manages to beat oldie Fergal.

<ok>

Postby Skullman

19:00

Anthony McGill 4-5 Kyren Wilson
Peter Ebdon 5-1 Jamie Burnett
Mark Davis 5-4 Tian Pengfei Streaming
Fergal O’Brien 4-5 Luca Brecel
Allister Carter 3-5 David Grace Streaming

Postby Skullman

And a quick look like at what the main draw for Shanghai looks like, wildcards pending.

Stuart Bingham v Jamie Jones
Marco Fu v Mike Dunn
John Higgins v Liang Wenbo
Barry Hawkins v Martin Gould
Judd Trump v Robert Milkins
Ricky Walden v Matt Selt
Mark Williams v Tom Ford
Neil Robertson v Jamie Cope
Ding Junhui v Alan McManus
Graeme Dott v Ryan Day
Stephen Maguire v Michael Holt
Joe Perry v Kyren Wilson
Shaun Murphy v Peter Ebdon
Michael White v Mark Davis
Mark Allen v Luca Brecel
Mark Selby v David Grace

Postby JDM375

Luca. :happy:

Finally showing some fight and scored well all weekend, difficult one v Allen at the venue but he got there.

Postby motorhead

Grace was impressive, have you seen that double he decided to play when his early break in the last frame ended soon? also he had another 2 very difficult pots in that one, a long back (or blue can't remember) in the green pocket and had a very good positioning.

Was looking for the prize money breakdown for the Shanghai masters, can anyone help?
WS hasn't managed yet to put such a basic info on the tournaments' page.

I guess till a few months ago one would have said Grace didn't have the best of draws in Selby but now God knows what's gonna be Mark's level just a month from now.

Postby Wildey

Winner £85,000
Runner Up £35,000
Semi Finalists £19,500
Quarter Finalist £12,000
Last 16 £8,000
Last 32 £6,000
Wild Gard Round £6,000
Last 48 £3,000
Last 64 £2,000
Last 96 £500
Last 128 £0

Postby Skullman

Also worth noting that if a player loses their first match they receive £0 in terms of ranking money (but still receive the actual money as far as I'm aware).

Postby Wildey

More time to watch Snooker today than ive had for over a month and nothing on :mood: :mood:

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Also worth noting that if a player loses their first match they receive £0 in terms of ranking money (but still receive the actual money as far as I'm aware).

Yea apart from 32 players that lose in the Last 128

Postby motorhead

cheers!
Skullman wrote:Also worth noting that if a player loses their first match they receive £0 in terms of ranking money (but still receive the actual money as far as I'm aware).

ha..didn't know about that.

So Grace losing in the last 32 would get him £6,000 both in terms of ranking and actual money but Selby losing in last 32 would only get him £6,000 in his pocket but nothing ranking-wise.

Postby motorhead

Wildey wrote:More time to watch Snooker today than ive had for over a month and nothing on :mood: :mood:

Time to dig matches on youtube :-D

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

David Hendon Well done to the qualifiers for Shanghai. Now for the blatantly unfair lottery to see who has to play a wildcard for no extra money.
11 retweets 9 favorites

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:More time to watch Snooker today than ive had for over a month and nothing on :mood: :mood:

Tell me about it.

SnookerFan wrote:I missed all this, been away for a few days at a wedding.

:grrr:

Postby SnookerFan

I was at my cousin's wedding reception, I was asked to write some comment on a card provided that they were going to make into a nice collage. Remembering that I once had to attend a wedding when the semi-finals of the China Open were on, I think I drunkenly wrote something about how much I appreciate that they didn't have wedding on when they was snooker on Eurosport. I hope I didn't swear too much. :emb:

Hopefully my family will realise that was just me being drunk, as usual, and bin that one. rofl

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:I was at my cousin's wedding reception, I was asked to write some comment on a card provided that they were going to make into a nice collage. Remembering that I once had to attend a wedding when the semi-finals of the China Open were on, I think I drunkenly wrote something about how much I appreciate that they didn't have wedding on when they was snooker on Eurosport. I hope I didn't swear too much. :emb:

Hopefully my family will realise that was just me being drunk, as usual, and bin that one. rofl

Don't worry. They are probably used to your dorkish ways.

Postby TheSaviour

JDM375 wrote:Luca. :happy:

Finally showing some fight and scored well all weekend, difficult one v Allen at the venue but he got there.

Yes, absolutely. I think that more laid-back approach suits much better to Luca.