Post a reply

Re: Nongfu Spring World Cup Group Stage !!!

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

In some ways it's better than the last World Cup which was in July. It had full two table coverage all week but no coverage of the knockout games at the weekend. The whole things feels a bit mediocre like a lot of Chinese events. The 20-24 team format can only work in London or Birmingham where there are a lot of different nationalities living. For China it would be better with 8-12 teams. Plus the time of year is all wrong. The Snooker season shouldn't really start until late July/early August.

Postby Wildey

fridge46 wrote:I excepted better from World Snooker (or maybe I am just kidding myself!)

you are kidding yourself they are too busy bucking about with twitter

Postby Wildey

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:In some ways it's better than the last World Cup which was in July. It had full two table coverage all week but no coverage of the knockout games at the weekend. The whole things feels a bit mediocre like a lot of Chinese events. The 20-24 team format can only work in London or Birmingham where there are a lot of different nationalities living. For China it would be better with 8-12 teams. Plus the time of year is all wrong. The Snooker season shouldn't really start until late July/early August.

Snooker season starts when organizers and promoters want them to start theres too much logistical difficulties with putting on tournaments.

you have to have space in the calender, venue Availability etc etc and as for the Aussie Open you want it played during Aussie Winter.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 18th of June

NB 2.30pm

Group A
China A 5-0 Norway
India 1-2 Malta
Singapore 2-3 Austria

Postby kolompar

And bet365 says the streaming has finished.
...and the match has finished too with India winning. I hope SnookerFan and fridge watched the live coverage on Eurosport <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Thursday 18th of June

NB 2.30pm

Group A
China A 5-0 Norway
India 3-2 Malta
Singapore 2-3 Austria

Postby Wildey

Friday 19th of June

6am

Group B
Hong Kong v Brazil
Scotland v Belgium
Iran v Malaysia

NB 8am

Group A
China A v Malta
Norway v Austria
Singapore v India

12.30pm

Group C
Australia v Wales
Pakistan v Northern Ireland
Qatar v Poland

NB 2.30pm

Group D
England v Republic of Ireland
China B v Germany
Thailand v United Arab Emirates

Postby Wildey

JDM375 wrote:2.30am in Wuxi and India Malta still going!

Tony Drago has never played a match that late and will probably never again

Postby fridge46

kolompar wrote:...and the match has finished too with India winning. I hope SnookerFan and fridge watched the live coverage on Eurosport <laugh>

Yep, whilst having dinner - which consisted of unicorn steak and dodo eggs :tvrky:

Postby hendry_fan

OoNebsoO wrote:Belgium and Scotland are in the second round. Even with 5-0 win (4-0 at the moment), Hong Kong can't catch either of them.

:happy: :D :happy: :D

Postby OoNebsoO

Malta's doing well against China, but would need both of last two frames (they lead 2-1), and hope that India loses its last two frames (they also lead Singapore 2-1). Small chances for that.

China is through in any case.

Postby SnookerFan

fridge46 wrote:
kolompar wrote:...and the match has finished too with India winning. I hope SnookerFan and fridge watched the live coverage on Eurosport <laugh>

Yep, whilst having dinner - which consisted of unicorn steak and dodo eggs :tvrky:

What are you two on about? rofl

I'd tell the story about how I saw a Dodo in Croydon once, but nobody ever believes me. :gag:

Postby PoolBoy

I see that the quarter-finals are

China v Scotland
Belgium v India
C1 v D2
D1 v C2

Scotland have only themselves to blame after a relatively poor display in the group. But, what a chance for either Belgium or India to reach the World Cup semis! I assume the winner would play China/Scotland.

Postby kolompar

Sajjad loses the last frame, had 3-4 good chances to take it. I'm sorry for them, they left a bit too much to do after their loss to Poland, just like Malta losing to Singapore.
So Australia goes through, in the end Calabrese stepped it up when he really needed and won a frame.
I see Brazil couldn't get the win to go through either, and they couldn't even win a frame which would have at least left them third in their group.

Postby OoNebsoO

England - Ireland 2-1.

4-1 would've put them in a nice place, but I think still not enough for next round. Thailand plays UAE, who won just two frames in the tournament. Not hard to imagine them winning 5-0 and going forward.

Postby Wildey

Friday 19th of June

6am

Group B
Hong Kong 5-0 Brazil
Scotland 2-3 Belgium
Iran 4-1
Malaysia

NB 8am

Group A
China A 3-2 Malta
Norway 4-1 Austria
Singapore 1-4 India

12.30pm

Group C
Australia 2-3 Wales
Pakistan 4-1
Northern Ireland
Qatar 3-2 Poland

NB 2.30pm

Group D
England 2-1 Republic of Ireland
China B 1-0 Germany
Thailand 1-0 United Arab Emirates

Postby Wildey

OoNebsoO wrote:And Selby loses it for England. Just when Thailand lost a frame as well.

United Arab Emarates needs to win 1 more frame against thailand or England will be out