Post a reply

City of Melbourne 6-8Jun (Goldfields Wild Cards qualifier)

Postby roy142857

The Victorian Billiards & Snooker Association have announced that once again the City of Melbourne Snooker Championship on 6th-8th June will decide the two wild cards for the 2015 Australian Goldfields Open Pro Tour event in Bendigo, Victoria (29June - 5July).

The first qualifier will be the best placed Australian citizen in the City of Melbourne.

If the first qualifier is Victorian, the second qualifier will be the second best placed Australian citizen.

If the first qualifier is not Victorian, the second qualifier will be the best placed Victorian.

If in either instance there is a tie between players who have reached the same round of the tournament, the player qualifying will be the best placed player in the Australian national rankings.

Total prize fund of 14,000 Aussie dollars, winner receives 3,600.

Re: City of Melbourne 6-8Jun (Goldfields Wild Cards qualifie

Postby roy142857

Ben Judge struggling for form early in this, scraped through as runner up in his group then edged his Last 32 match 3-2 against Shannon Dixon ...

Last 16
Kevin Xu 3 - 2 Matthew Bolton
Michael Hough 3 - 0 Kurt Dunham
Charlie Chafe 3 - 1 Paul Thomerson
Ben Judge 3 - 2 Bassam Elbelli
Adrian Ridley 3 - 0 Rod Nelson
Ayaz Khan 3 - 0 Steve Hanna
James Mifsud 3 - 1 Steve Ebejer
Aaron Mahoney 3 - 0 John Gorski

Quarter finals
Kevin Xu 4 - 1 Michael Hough
Ben Judge 4 - 3 Charlie Chafe
Adrian Ridley 4 - 3 Ayaz Khan
James Mifsud 4 - 2 Aaron Mahoney

Semi finals
Ben Judge 4 - 0 Kevin Xu
Adrian Ridley 4 - 3 James Mifsud

Final must have been played by now, but I haven't found the result yet (not much time for a search ...)

However, Ridley is Victorian so both he and Ben Judge (who's from Western Australia) should be the Goldfields Open wildcards.

Re: City of Melbourne 6-8Jun (Goldfields Wild Cards qualifie

Postby Tamctus

Wildey wrote:Ben Judge winning is a indication of how weak aussie snooker is

Have you seen him play lately? I haven't and it's almost three years since he last played on tour. One just can't base assumptions of one's quality after such a long time.

I for one want to congratulate Ben for winning the title rather than take it as a mean to bash Australian snooker :td: