Post a reply

Glastonbury and Wimbledon can get it....

Postby SnookerFan

The BBC adds extra streams for Glastonbury and for Wimbledon. But the World Snooker Championship doesn't get that. :sad:

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/05/glas ... of-tv.html

I mean, I'd rather spend two weeks sat watching a blank screen, than the pure unmitigated boredom that is watching a tennis tournament.

I guess snooker just isn't popular enough. That or they just don't care that much about snooker. A bit of both, I suppose.

Re: Glastonbury and Wimbledon can get it....

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:The BBC adds extra streams for Glastonbury and for Wimbledon. But the World Snooker Championship doesn't get that. :sad:

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/05/glas ... of-tv.html

I mean, I'd rather spend two weeks sat watching a blank screen, than the pure unmitigated boredom that is watching a tennis tournament.

I guess snooker just isn't popular enough. That or they just don't care that much about snooker. A bit of both, I suppose.

No idea what you are gibbering on about. Snooker gets plenty of coverage. And Wimbledon is one of the highlights of the year - better than that homosexual Eurovision crap you watch.

Postby Andy Spark

Snooker has ruined its image over the years by using loads of smoking and gambling sponsors, Wimbledon hasn't. If you associate your product with dodgy products then you get treated like a dodgy product yourself. That's why snooker doesn't get the extra channel.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:Snooker has ruined its image over the years by using loads of smoking and gambling sponsors, Wimbledon hasn't. If you associate your product with dodgy products then you get treated like a dodgy product yourself. That's why snooker doesn't get the extra channel.

Thats called Snobbery

We dont even know where Wimbledon gets it money from because its Branded as Wimbledon not Embassy Wimbledon Championship but over the years tobacco has sponsored Tennis tournaments.

and 4 years after the last Snooker event to be sponsored by tobacco a tennis event in Switzerland was sponsored by Tobacco http://www.bmj.com/content/339/bmj.b4270

Postby Ronnie79

A lot of you are missing the original point that was made which is correct. If a match at wimbledon over runs they extend the programme to finish the match. They dont do that with snooks they end the show which is poor.

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie79 wrote:A lot of you are missing the original point that was made which is correct. If a match at wimbledon over runs they extend the programme to finish the match. They dont do that with snooks they end the show which is poor.

Usually for a repeat of a cookery show.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:A lot of you are missing the original point that was made which is correct. If a match at wimbledon over runs they extend the programme to finish the match. They dont do that with snooks they end the show which is poor.

Usually for a repeat of a cookery show.

There you go talking about food again.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Realistically the World Championship is a long way below Wimbledon In terms of importance. It's regularly broke ten million in the last few years and there are more big name players both men and women then Snooker. Also tennis matches are much shorter than Snooker.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild was mentioning on Twitter the seven streams that the Olympics get on the red button. I'd tweeted the BBC the same thing earlier.

I wonder if we'll get a response. Doubtful.

Seemed a good time to bump this thread.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Wild was mentioning on Twitter the seven streams that the Olympics get on the red button. I'd tweeted the BBC the same thing earlier.

I wonder if we'll get a response. Doubtful.

Seemed a good time to bump this thread.

its just not on showing rubbish Olympic sports like weightlifting on the red button that wont get any viewers at all and then saying we cant afford to have more than one feed for things that can get viewers.

Double standards the BBC are becoming famous for and Barry Hearn and World Snooker suck up to them like pathetic idiots they are.

Postby SnookerFan

In Hearn's defence, it's important for snooker to maintain a freeview presence.

I just wish the BBC saw snooker as a proper sport, and not as a way of filling daytime TV schedules.

Postby SnookerFan

The Olympics always seems to be a bit of a celebration of being a fair weather fans to me.

Fair enough if you're into the sports you're watching anyway. But most of it is people just getting excited over a sport they aren't going to watch for another four years.