Topic locked

Davis vs Taylor 1-Frame Shootout: Who wins ?

Poll ended at 29 Apr 2010

Steve Davis
60%
Dennis Taylor
No votes
Er, who cares ?
40%

Total votes : 10

Davis vs Taylor: The Re-Match !!!!!

Postby Bourne

OK not exactly the biggest event in this tournament but still worth it's own thread. I wonder if Rob will be doing the intros again :redneck:

Re: Davis vs Taylor: The Re-Match !!!!!

Postby Witz78

They actually have already done the entros for this. They did them last Wednesday afternoon when Colin Murray was there to introduce them. Dennis's waistcoat was a bit of a squeeze !!

Im predicting they will knock the balls about for a while sharing jokes with the crowd then will deliberatly be almost level on the colours and a virtual carbon copy re-enactment of the black ball drama will happen.

Though i wouldnt be surprised to see Davis win and repeat Taylors iconic celebration. The real irony now being that Davis is adored by the crowds wheras in '85 he had the whole crowd against him.

Postby Casey

They did them last Wednesday afternoon when Colin Murray was there to introduce them

:chin:

Interesting, they need to get Murray into the studio alongside Irvine and get that other plumb out. Murray was great with the darts coverage and he would bring an automatic younger fanbase.

Colin Murray <cool>

Postby Witz78

case_master wc wrote:
They did them last Wednesday afternoon when Colin Murray was there to introduce them

Interesting, they need to get Murray into the studio alongside Irvine and get that other plumb out. Murray was great with the darts coverage and he would bring an automatic younger fanbase.

Colin Murray <cool>

<ok> <ok>

i totally agree that Murray would be a good addition and far better than the Politically correct option of Ray Paresh

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Reckon Betfred are offering bets on this one?

Boylesports are i noticed

Davis 4/9
Taylor 17/10

Pretty daft really as its gonna be the biggest fix of a game ever i think.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Reckon Betfred are offering bets on this one?

Boylesports are i noticed

Davis 4/9
Taylor 17/10

Pretty daft really as its gonna be the biggest fix of a game ever i think.

Exactly what I thought, can't imagine why it would be wise to bet on a knockabout exhibition frame.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:I would like to hear what the Betfred girls think on this issue.

wouldnt we all ;)

one of them confessed to me she doesnt even know anything about gambling rofl

Postby footygirl

Witz78 wrote:
case_master wc wrote:

Colin Murray <cool>

<ok> <ok>

i totally agree that Murray would be a good addition and far better than the Politically correct option of Ray Paresh

Hey what about me lol - I'm not too bad a broadcaster

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I would like to hear what the Betfred girls think on this issue.

wouldnt we all ;)

Who cares? They weren't hired for their knowledge. They were hired because they knew if a guy walked past them, they'd take anything they were handing out.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

wouldnt we all ;)

Who cares? They weren't hired for their knowledge. They were hired because they knew if a guy walked past them, they'd take anything they were handing out.

<doh>

Postby Bourne

footygirl wrote:
Bourne wrote:Do you fill some sort of quota area ? I don't think the BBC would bother if you don't ...

I'm young, female and don't look like the back end of a bus - plus I know my stuff

You gota stand a good chance then !

Postby footygirl

Bourne wrote:
footygirl wrote:
Bourne wrote:Do you fill some sort of quota area ? I don't think the BBC would bother if you don't ...

I'm young, female and don't look like the back end of a bus - plus I know my stuff

And I turn presenter in two months time at a pro am event in Gloucester- it is me fronting the coverage whioch will be on line. Oh yes I am after the presenters job allright

Postby SnookerFan

footygirl wrote:
Bourne wrote:
footygirl wrote:

And I turn presenter in two months time at a pro am event in Gloucester- it is me fronting the coverage whioch will be on line. Oh yes I am after the presenters job allright

We still on for that drink? <laugh>

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Bourne wrote:I am pumped up for this :ahh:

They (BBC) are doing a show on Sunday @7pm for the 25th anniversary which I'm on. <laugh>

Postby Bourne

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Bourne wrote:I am pumped up for this :ahh:

They (BBC) are doing a show on Sunday @7pm for the 25th anniversary which I'm on. <laugh>

Nice one ! Remind us nearer the time if you can <ok>

Postby N_Castle07

footygirl wrote:
N_Castle07 wrote:
footygirl wrote:I am what is known as a posh Geordie. Born and bred in County Durham

where abouts in county durham?

About 20minutes south of Newcastle upon Tyne

my geography is not great but that sounds close to where i live i think.