Post a reply

Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 1st ~Friday 5th of June at the K2 Leisure Centre in Crawley

The Australia Goldfields Open is in its 5th year and in its first year back in 2011 this is where it all started for our current World Champion Stuart Bingham when he came back from 8-5 down to beat Mark Williams 9-8 in the final.

This year for the first time The World Champion will be playing in the event in Bendigo.

But before then we got 112 players in Crawley trying to join the top 16 seeds at the venue.

Round 1 sees a mixture of experience campaigners like Nigel Bond and Jimmy White take on debutant on the main tour the likes of Gareth Allen, Duane Jones and Eden Sharav as well as players that just failed to get a 2 year tour card Zhao Xintong and Adam Duffy.

Then in round 2 Jack Lisowski, Anthony Hamilton, Andrew Higginson, Sam Baird, Robbie Williams, Zhang Anda, Craig Steadman, Ken Doherty, Oliver Lines, Peter Lines, Kyren Wilson, Aditya Mehta among others take to the table to go through to round 3 to play against each other to get through to the next round.

Awaiting them in round 4 will be the likes of Rod Lawler, Gary Wison, Martin Gould, Luca Brecel, Ali Carter and former World Champion Peter Ebdon.

Who will book their ticket to Bendigo to play defending champion Judd Trump and World Champion Stuart Bingham?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Australia Goldfields Open Qualifying !!!

Postby Wildey

Yan Bingtao has unable to obtain a visa in what would have been his first pro tournament and gives a walkover to Chen Zhe who finished 25th in the Q School order of merit

Re: Australia Goldfields Open Qualifying !!!

Postby Wildey

Streaming Matches for the first round are

Vinnie Calabrese v Billy Joe Castle
Jimmy White v Saqib Nasir
Lu Ning v Joe O'Connor
Lyu Chenwei v Nick Jennings
Chris Wakelin v Alex Taubman
Ian Glover v Ross Higgins

Full order of play available here http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/ ... qualifiers

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying !!!

Postby TheSaviour

GJ must be over the moon currently as his beloved Ana Ivanovic is playing so well currently rofl But it was some match yesterday.

On the other thread, Forza was calling people to wake up for this new season. That´s a good call and a post. As I would and always will encourage people to write anything they want to anytime they want to. That´s at least what I will always do. There are always going to be SOME people regardless their nationalities who are trying to promote and operate some changes. Day in, day out. For the sake of that people would mentally found their real boots, mentality and a spirit.

Postby Wildey

For the record im a moderator not a admin and i will mod fairly at all times but the job of building the forum up is that of a Admin and unfortunately Roland has been busy during the last few weeks since the World Championship, he only had a small passing interest in Q School this year and anyone who knows Roland knows how interested in Q School he really is.

its just one of those things that happens its not the end of the World ive created this thread for the qualifiers if you have something to say about the Aussie Open do it here and when the forum will be set up in due course i will move this in to that section.

Postby Wildey

10am

Nigel Bond v Sam Craigie
Sydney Wilson v Oliver Brown
Vinnie Calabrese v Billy Joe Castle
Jimmy White v Saqib Nasir
Jamie Cope v Scott Macfarlane
Adam Duffy v Ashley Carty
Jason Weston v Hammad Miah
Paul S Davison v Sam Harvey

2.30pm

James Cahill v Jeff Cundy
Duane Jones v Samuel Thistlewhite
Lu Ning v Joe O'Connor
Fraser Patrick v Michael Williams
Lyu Chenwei v Nick Jennings
Eden Sharav v Andrew Milliard
Zhao Xintong v Kuldesh Johal
Daniel Wells v Jamie Barrett

7pm

Rhys Clark v Grant Miles
Allan Taylor v Simon Dent
Chris Wakelin v Alex Taubman
Zhang Yong v Ashley Hugill
Yan Bingtao scr Chen Zhe w/o
Hossein Vafaei Ayouri v Charlie Walters
Sanderson Lam v Matthew Day
Ian Glover v Ross Higgins

Today Sydney Wilson, Duane Jones, Rhys Clark, Sanderson Lam will be making their debut on the Main tour and Hossein Vafaei Ayouri will start off on his first propper crack at being a Professional.

Postby Wildey

Oliver Brown who had a great season last season as a top up player winning in excess of £15,000 has started well this morning taking a 2-0 lead over new tour player Sydney Wilson

Postby Wildey

Nigel Bond 2-0 Sam Craigie
Sydney Wilson 1-2 Oliver Brown
Vinnie Calabrese 2-1 Billy Joe Castle
Jimmy White 0-2 Saqib Nasir
Jamie Cope 1-1 Scott Macfarlane
Adam Duffy 1-1 Ashley Carty
Jason Weston 0-1 Hammad Miah
Paul S Davison 0-1 Sam Harvey

Postby Wildey

Jimmy White is getting off to a very poor start lost the first 2 frames and 43-0 down in the third

Postby Wildey

Nigel Bond 3-1 Sam Craigie
Sydney Wilson 2-2 Oliver Brown
Vinnie Calabrese 2-2 Billy Joe Castle
Jimmy White 0-3 Saqib Nasir
Jamie Cope 2-1 Scott Macfarlane
Adam Duffy 1-2 Ashley Carty
Jason Weston 0-3 Hammad Miah
Paul S Davison 2-1 Sam Harvey

Postby Dan-cat

w00t! New season! Yaaaaaaay!!

I loved watching the Aussie Open last year, Trumpy knocking down Robbo in the final. I like the commentators - Robbie Foldvari is one of them can't remember the others.

Peeps on Twitter saying Jimmy must be snake hissed to be playting this bad.

Postby Forza_Bajen

Nice to see my thread and demanding to wake up was so popular <cool>

I do not really understand what was so funny tough :dizzy:

Jimmy White playing bad, poor boy. Now im putting in a bet against him. 40 dollar.

Postby Dan-cat

Forza_Bajen wrote:Nice to see my thread and demanding to wake up was so popular <cool>

I do not really understand what was so funny tough :dizzy:

Jimmy White playing bad, poor boy. Now im putting in a bet against him. 40 dollar.

It was Wild's 'no we bucking won't' that was funny!!

Postby Forza_Bajen

Very very bad from Jimmy White. He can not have read my thread about waking up for the new season. Better luck next time with the tea and scones!

Nasir was really bad too. An unacceptable performance from the peoplepleaser Jimmy White!

Postby Wildey

buck me all this fuss about the forum not being ready for the season and theres only been 5 bucking posts all afternoon.

Postby Wildey

10am

Nigel Bond 5-4 Sam Craigie
Sydney Wilson 5-2 Oliver Brown
Vinnie Calabrese 5-2 Billy Joe Castle
Jimmy White 4-5 Saqib Nasir
Jamie Cope 5-2
Scott Macfarlane
Adam Duffy 5-4 Ashley Carty
Jason Weston 2-5 Hammad Miah
Paul S Davison 5-1
Sam Harvey