Post a reply

In 20 years time... Which player will leave the best legacy?

Postby Trickshot777

Who will be considered the best player out of the current crop of top 5/6 players? Out of Mark Selby, Neil Robertson, Judd Trump, Ding Junhui and Shaun Murphy.

Obviously not including the likes of ROS or John Higgins who are already greats. Which of the "newish" breed of players will be looked back on as the best player of his generation.

Who will win the most world titles? Will Trump or Ding win a world title?

Discuss.

Re: In 20 years time... Which player will leave the best leg

Postby Andre147

Robertson for me, definately.

I would like Ding as he's the best of those when he plays his A game, but until he wins his first World Title, there will always be something missing on his CV.

Postby Cue Guru

Snooker is different now, more fractured. No one player dominates, they will each leave their own legacy which will be smaller than Ronnie's. But in absolute size, Ding's will be the biggest given the number of Chinese playing the game in that vast country.

Postby davisfan

Cue Guru wrote:Snooker is different now, more fractured. No one player dominates, they will each leave their own legacy which will be smaller than Ronnie's. But in absolute size, Ding's will be the biggest given the number of Chinese playing the game in that vast country.

Good point about Ding... a player's legacy tends to be thought of in terms of tin pots won, but popularising the game in such a huge way surely counts just as much (or more).

Not so sure about your other point, though. Snooker is more fractured now, true, but trends always continue until they don't. That is, it's impossible to predict the future and we can't simply project the current situation forwards. The next great champion* might appear three years from now and raise the bar yet further.

(*Ronnie Davis-Hendry, created in a lab somewhere in Sheffield).

Postby TheSaviour

Player to leave the best legacy could be someone who just stops questioning things, and more just gets on with things. Einstein always said that the important thing is not to stop questioning. But he was wrong about that. Anyone who challenges something, whether that would be a marriage or a true love for example, always has a full 100% responsibility. Not a single a thing at the nature points out that there wouldn´t be that responsibility. I can´t quite understandt how these modern young so called brainy girls and womens particularly are always just questioning almost everything. Perhaps, and probably, they still can sowehow get on with it. But I personally wouldn´t recommend that to anyone. Einstein was wrong on many other things too, he was just a silly german or American, which ever at the end it was, a scientist. But he was harmless as he was so fumingly naturally talented and creative. You don´t get much bad vibes thinking that he was wrong on many things. Which he was.

Postby Pink Ball

TheSaviour wrote:Player to leave the best legacy could be someone who just stops questioning things, and more just gets on with things. Einstein always said that the important thing is not to stop questioning. But he was wrong about that. Anyone who challenges something, whether that would be a marriage or a true love for example, always has a full 100% responsibility. Not a single a thing at the nature points out that there wouldn´t be that responsibility. I can´t quite understandt how these modern young so called brainy girls and womens particularly are always just questioning almost everything. Perhaps, and probably, they still can sowehow get on with it. But I personally wouldn´t recommend that to anyone. Einstein was wrong on many other things too, he was just a silly german or American, which ever at the end it was, a scientist. But he was harmless as he was so fumingly naturally talented and creative. You don´t get much bad vibes thinking that he was wrong on many things. Which he was.

Yes, spot on.