Topic locked

Well Done Ronnie

Postby Casey

My jinxing was shameful today, so I apologise to those that had to listen to it. Sorry. :ashamed: :ashamed:

Re: Well Done Ronnie

Postby Cheesyman99

case_master wc wrote:I am getting my praise in first <laugh>

Ronnie is romping home in his match against Selby, who very much like Wenbo has just not turned up. That saying you can’t take anything away from Ronnie, its not his fault the best around fail to bring their A game.

As my faviouaite players are out and therefore now a nutural I am disappointed in that it would have been great to have a first time winner of this event. Unfortunately that won’t happen now.

TO beat Ronnie you have to win frame after frame in one visit, now in a best of 33/35 John Higgins is the only other player capable of doing that against Ronnie and he is long gone.

Dott will put up a fight but over 33 frames he does not have the firepower to beat an ‘in form’ Ronnie, very much like 04.

Robbo/Murphy/Carter are all good players but again they have not shown the consistent breakbuilding ability that the likes of Ronnie and Higgins have shown.

So this years final will work out very close to last years where by the opponent will get 9 or 10 frames but never really be in the match.

I feel a bit sad that the tournament in terms of its competitiveness ends today, but I fully understand the nature of snooker and this is how it can go. This means the last 4 world titles will have been shared between Ronnie and John, which is some achievement from them both.

Anyway congrats to Ronnie, 4 world titles is about right considering your overall talent in every department of the game ie mental and playing side <ok>

Nice jinx attempt <ok>

Postby GJ

case :bowdown: :afro:

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:Poor jinx attempt imo.

What poor about it, I thought I was gracious in most but with a nice subtle dig at the end ;)

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:since this was clearly a deliberate jinx attempt i hope the jinx is jinxed !!!

<laugh>

What did you make of Ronnie’s behaviour today?

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wc wrote:
Witz78 wrote:since this was clearly a deliberate jinx attempt i hope the jinx is jinxed !!!

<laugh>

i liked it <cool>

Postby Casey

rocket_ron wrote:
case_master wc wrote:

<laugh>

i liked it <cool>

You liked him holing up Mark's shot and being very demeaning towards the ref telling him he needs his eyes checked? :redneck:

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wc wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
case_master wc wrote:

<laugh>

i liked it <cool>

You liked him holing up Mark's shot and being very demeaning towards the ref telling him he needs his eyes checked? :redneck:

yes <cool>

Postby Casey

With regards to this article, I still stand by it. Ronnie will push on from 9-7 and he will win the whole thing, there is nobody that can compete with him.

I would have loved to have seen a first time winner but TBH I can see Higgins and Ronnie sharing the next 2 or 3 titles.

Postby GJ

there is only 1 man left who is unbeaten in ranking finals

<cool>

Postby Witz78

case_master wc wrote:

<laugh>

didnt see it as was at work :sad: but have just read about it and good on Ronnie i say. <ok> Nothing wrong with some modern day Hurricane-esque rebellion from the players. :D

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:there is only 1 man left who is unbeaten in ranking finals

<cool>

:redneck:

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:
case_master wc wrote:

<laugh>

didnt see it as was at work :sad: but have just read about it and good on Ronnie i say. <ok> Nothing wrong with some modern day Hurricane-esque rebellion from the players. :D

:redneck: Its on the BBC website. I would be surprised if you thought it a good thing the way he totally demeaned the referee...especially as Ronnie wasn't right anyway <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:there is only 1 man left who is unbeaten in ranking finals

<cool>

:redneck:

And there is only 1 man left who hasnt been in the final of the World Championships before rofl rofl

Postby Tubberlad

Even I thought O'Sullivan was out of order today, especially seeing as he was wrong.

Postby Witz78

Id have done the same in Ronnies position. I often end up arguing with my mates too when were playing big money games and theres a disputed touching ball scenario.

Postby SnookerFan

I will be happy if this is a jinx attempt, but I am absolutely convinced Ronnie wins this match and tournament now. I would place a bet on it, but the odds are going to be rubbish.

Postby Cheesyman99

SnookerFan wrote:I will be happy if this is a jinx attempt, but I am absolutely convinced Ronnie wins this match and tournament now. I would place a bet on it, but the odds are going to be rubbish.

Better jinx

Postby Bourne

Can I request this thread is re-named 'Well done Case' rofl

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:Can I request this thread is re-named 'Well done Case' rofl

:ashamed: I promise I will be quiet come the World cup

Postby Bourne

case_master wc wrote:

Yeh right :redneck: ;)

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:
case_master wc wrote:

Yeh right :redneck: ;)

Until it comes to Penalties ;)

Postby Casey

My jinxing was shameful today, so I apologise to those that had to listen to it. Sorry

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wc wrote:My jinxing was shameful today, so I apologise to those that had to listen to it. Sorry

:mood: :mood: :mood: :grrr: :grrr:

Postby GJ

case_master wc wrote:My jinxing was shameful today, so I apologise to those that had to listen to it. Sorry

no need at all mate

:afro:

Postby Alex0paul

I thoroughly enjoyed it

Postby Casey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

no need at all mate

:afro:

Well I am glad Ronnie was found out, looks like he will never defend a major which in criminal for top sportsmen/women