Has this tournament been a damp squib?

Yes
25%
No
55%
Maybe
20%

Total votes : 20

Re: Has this tournament been a damp squib?

Postby vodkadiet

The event is ruined because there is no rest time between matches. Hawkins started the semi final brain dead.

There have been several days which have been rubbish. First Wednesday, First Thursday, Second Monday, Second Thursday, Second Friday.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 02 May 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Clara8633

I wish there had been closer matches. That's why I voted 'yes'. The first two days were great, but then it wasn't so exciting.

The absence of ROS, Selby, Robertson and Ding hasn't helped either.

Postby armchair de critique

I'm afraid it has. We all want excitement not processions or foregone conclusions. R1 always offers up the best excitement and the best chance of shock results. If you were doing a graph plotting excitement levels from Day 1 to where we are now - with a few mini peaks for the McGill run, the graph would actually be a constant fall from R1 to today.

QFs (Robbo/Hawk) aside were a let down, SFs potentially the same. Perhaps only a great final can provide another swing in the excitement graph. <ok>

Postby Wildey

The Problem is every year theres this big excitement prior to the event its like Christmas so the expectations is extremely high before a ball is potted.

theres only one way to go from there but down it hardly ever lives up to expectations.

over the years we have had some Classic Matches but we have had some awful moments which goes back to the first year at the crucible.

its what makes the championship so great because if we only have 1 Great Match its better than watching 20 best of 7s deciders because its taken a long journey getting there.

Postby Cloud Strife

Bingham reaching the latter stages hasn't helped. In tournaments like this you want the best of the best competing against each other at the business end, not glorified journeymen.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Bingham reaching the latter stages hasn't helped. In tournaments like this you want the best of the best competing against each other at the business end, not glorified journeymen.

He gave Ronnie a good hiding

Get Over it <ok>

Postby TheSaviour

I feel this has a very high quality. An extraordinary high quality. Will probably take some time when we will next see something like this. O´Sullivan vs Stevens was one of the all-time classic matches. Murphy is such a class act these days, I am basically sure he will clinch his second world title today (or tomorrow). Basically I will still be rooting for Stuart as he has throwed in for such a brave and quality efforts. Espicially those last frames against O´Sullivan were simply superb from Stuart. Trump was also such a class act. Hawkins not bad at all too, and all those great players that bowed during the earlier stages.. Last year final Selby vs O´Sullivan was something like a dream final, so that wasn´t bad either.