Post a reply

World Championship S F 2 : Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham

Postby Wildey

Image Image ImageSaturday 18th of April~Monday 4th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Session 1 Thursday 30th of April @ 7pm
Session 2 Friday 1st of May @ 2.30pm
Session 3 Saturday 2nd of May @ 10am
Session 4 Saturday 2nd of May @ 7pm

Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Trump Leads 10-5
Main Tournaments Trump leads 3-2
World Championship Never Played Before
Multi Session Matches Never Played Before

The second Semi final brings together Judd Trump and Stuart Bingham despite playing each other 16 times most of that has been in Best of 5 frames Championship League Snooker.

Their most high profile meating was in the 2012 Masters Last 16 Trump winning 6-3.

Who will get the better of their biggest ever encounter?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: World Championship S F 2 : Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham

Postby Muppet147

Cloud Strife wrote:Prediction: Judd Trump 17-8 Stuart Bingham

That looks like a good shout. Bingham played quite well tonight but he was quite abysmal in the afternoon session. Trump on the other hand, looks every inch a champ and without Ronnie and Robbo to deal with, has an excellent chance of lifting the title.

Postby Skullman

If Bingo played like he did in the evening session he has a chance, although Trump's safety won't be as loose as Ronnie's (never expected to say that :? )

However, as this is his first semi and may be his best shot winning the Worlds, he's bound to be nervous.

Postby Andre147

Bingham will be a nervous wreck at the start of the first session, so I won't be surprised if Judd builds a big lead early on, 6-2 or 7-1.

From there Judd will just manage that lead and win confortably. Bingham won't trouble him.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Had a good night sleep.

i came to the point that i will support ronnie till he retires but will have no expctations at all that he will anything in the future. The uk may be his last triumph and so be it. If he enters a tournament and loses in the first round i wont give a damn. Everything has come to an end. No point having high expectations now after seeing his performances this year particulary in this wc.

Postby Holden Chinaski

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Had a good night sleep.

i came to the point that i will support ronnie till he retires but will have no expctations at all that he will anything in the future. The uk may be his last triumph and so be it. If he enters a tournament and loses in the first round i wont give a damn. Everything has come to an end. No point having high expectations now after seeing his performances this year particulary in this wc.

Good morning MDG!

A video to cheer you up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWzzPbsurAY

Postby V.V

Trump is destined to win this tournament. Only thing that can stop that happening is him getting too sure about it. Now that Robbo and Ronnie are gone, he may relax a bit too much.

I hope he does it. Two years ago I hated him and thought he was arrogant. Now he has found some maturity to his game. Maybe he realized that just because he is destined to role the game, does not mean that it happens without serious effort. Now his playing like he needs to do something to win, not just waiting the victory to come at him. Very likeable guy actually these days. Unlike Robbo (Hawkins press conference...).

Best player in the world right now. Selby-Trump would have been ideal final since I like selby but I wish the best for guys who has not won the tournament yet. New winners is what this sport needs, we all know that. We all know that Sullivan wont be able to catch audience by himself for long now.

Postby mantorok

V.V wrote:Trump is destined to win this tournament. Only thing that can stop that happening is him getting too sure about it. Now that Robbo and Ronnie are gone, he may relax a bit too much.

I hope he does it. Two years ago I hated him and thought he was arrogant. Now he has found some maturity to his game. Maybe he realized that just because he is destined to role the game, does not mean that it happens without serious effort. Now his playing like he needs to do something to win, not just waiting the victory to come at him. Very likeable guy actually these days. Unlike Robbo (Hawkins press conference...).

Best player in the world right now. Selby-Trump would have been ideal final since I like selby but I wish the best for guys who has not won the tournament yet. New winners is what this sport needs, we all know that. We all know that Sullivan wont be able to catch audience by himself for long now.

Agree with all of that, this feels like Trumps time and I hope he can battle hard to a win and finally cement himself as a great of the game.

As a Ronnie supported I felt it would be nice for him to achieve 6 titles but the other half of me was thinking it's about time we had a winner who is a major force in the game, like Judd.

The tentative reaction from the Ronnie supporters further reiterates that too I feel, and I think Trump will have a lot of backing this year as he is easily a future torch-bearer.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:Bingham will be a nervous wreck at the start of the first session, so I won't be surprised if Judd builds a big lead early on, 6-2 or 7-1.

From there Judd will just manage that lead and win confortably. Bingham won't trouble him.

Bingham is going to have a nasty shock. ROS was just plain awful and Trump will be awesome (hopefully).

I feel a spanking coming on :D

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Bingham will be a nervous wreck at the start of the first session, so I won't be surprised if Judd builds a big lead early on, 6-2 or 7-1.

Bingham is going to have a nasty shock. ROS was just plain awful and Trump will be awesome (hopefully).

I feel a spanking coming on :D

Ronnie was sat on his bottom for most of the final session. Bingham played a blinder.

Postby SnookerFan

AC or LT? wrote:Trumps main problem here is the tournament is his to lose. The semi final line-up is a bit dissapointing given what could have been.

What we seem have here is two more obvious names in the semis. (Murphy and Trump), and two names who are quite good talents, but people seem to like to ignore. Maybe Bingham or Hawkins aren't quite as charismatic as some players, but people seem to write them off, despite both showing form the past couple of seasons. And both winning tournaments.

For me, this tournament is not like the Welsh Open and China Open, where you had two established players playing young and up and comers in the semis. This is a tournament where there are four established players in the semis.

Hawkins has every chance of beating Murphy. Judd has been white hot form this tournament, so it'll be more difficult for Bingham. But, if Trump takes him lightly, he can be sure that Bingham won't extend him the same favour.

Postby AC or LT?

It's pretty obvious there's no young'uns in the semi's - shamefully, I'd have given my right leg to see McGill win this championship.

Personally Bingham has no chance against Judd, he won't have another session like last nights in the next year let alone in the next few days, Judd on the other hand can play outstanding high scoring - keep the bastard in his chair - snooker for sustained periods. Hawkins will be mentally drained from his quarter, whereas Murphy's had the chance to rest up.

I'm going to stick my neck out though and say one of these semis or the finals will break the crucible most centuries in a match record. (9 centuries needed)

Postby freakmoomin

yep i really hope trump wins it now!

didnt used to like him but somethings changed!!!!

With Hendry long gone, Higgins and MJW pretty much gone and ROS on the decline (possibly) i feel like i need to move on for the sake of my own enjoyment of snooker.......

Trump and mcgill are my new favs.........kinda....... :)

Postby Cue Guru

Jimmy said believe in 7, he said it a few years ago though. Every seventh year a real good un is born to play. Well Judd, now is your chance to prove Jimmy right. You will have two of the greatest cueman ever and the whole land supporting you. And if you win, you get to buy a Lambo. rofl

Alex to Jimmy to Ronnie to Judd? :mosh2:

Postby freakmoomin

Cue Guru wrote:Jimmy said believe in 7, he said it a few years ago though. Every seventh year a real good un is born to play. Well Judd, now is your chance to prove Jimmy right. You will have two of the greatest cueman ever and the whole land supporting you. And if you win, you get to buy a Lambo. rofl

would be a great club to join......but also a bit of an under achieving one :)

Postby Cue Guru

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Had a good night sleep.

So you managed to lose the cut throat razors then? rofl

Sheet happens bud. Cheer up a bit and support Judd, he's Ronnie's named heir so we have no choice really.

Postby Cue Guru

freakmoomin wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:Jimmy said believe in 7, he said it a few years ago though. Every seventh year a real good un is born to play. Well Judd, now is your chance to prove Jimmy right. You will have two of the greatest cueman ever and the whole land supporting you. And if you win, you get to buy a Lambo. rofl

would be a great club to join......but also a bit of an under achieving one :)

I agree, Alex should have sorted his head and won 3-4, Jimmy chucked 2-3 away and if Peter's had helped Ronnie earlier, he'd be in double figures. But they're still the best ever.
<ok>

Postby Cue Guru

freakmoomin wrote:In a perfect world i would give jimmy the one where he missed the black v hendry and swap it for the one hendry lost to ebdon!

Good point. In my perfect world Jimmy would be on two, Hendry on 6, Davis on 7 (buck you Taylor), and Ronnie on 8-10.

Today, Judd needs to man up. Put away the clubbin, fast drivin boy and grow a pair. Judd has wasted a few years on wasters. Not just to win the damn thing but BE World Champion with all that that entails, he needs to be an ambassador of the sport. So he needs to start behaving like an ambassador. No bucking toilet breaks and other chutney ferret behaviour.

There's enough ladyboys like Robbo playin the game, so bin it Judd.