Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Wed April 29th) Quarter-Finals!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image ImageSaturday 18th of April~Monday 4th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Day 12 will see the end of all four Quarter-Final matches, with Judd Trump requiring just one more frame to reach the Semi-Finals, as well as Masters winner Shaun Murphy heading into the 3rd session leading 9-7 against young Scottish prospect Anthony McGill.

The other 2 Quarter-Final matches are poised at 5-3, with former winners of this event Neil Robertson and Ronnie O’Sullivan needing a good start against Barry Hawkins and Stuart Bingham, respectively.

Who shall reach the Semi-Finals and book their place in the unique Crucible one table set up?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Wednesday 29th of April

10am

Barry Hawkins 5-3 Neil Robertson Robertson leads 7-5
**Ding Junhui 4-12 Judd Trump Ding leads 6-5

2:30pm

**Anthony McGill 7-9 Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 3-0
Stuart Bingham 5-3 Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 11-2

7pm

**Barry Hawkins 5-3 Neil Robertson Robertson leads 7-5
**Stuart Bingham 5-3 Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 11-2

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 29th) Quarter-Fina

Postby Skullman

Seems like anyone bar ROS having a good performance is peaking too soon. Maybe ROS will bring out his top form in time for the semi finals, after having lost to Bingo playing crap :chin:

If you go into a match against a player like Ding expecting to get through with your B game, most of the time you're going home.

Postby Andy Spark

Skullman wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:What's the score in the Robbo match, 5-3 or 3-5? Genuinely not sure. :chin:

It's 5-3 to Hawkins. I have no idea where you got the impression it was the other way from :|

Thanks. :-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

What impresses me about Bingham is that he's fearless. Despite his very poor h2h record against Ronnie he usually comes out firing, no hesitations whatsoever. He's not an easy opponent for Ronnie.

They had some very close matches lately:

2014 UK: 6-5 Ronnie
2014 CoC: 4-2 Ronnie
2013 UK: 6-4 Bingham
2013 CoC: 10-8 Ronnie
2013 PTC ET7: 4-3 Ronnie

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What impresses me about Bingham is that he's fearless. Despite his very poor h2h record against Ronnie he usually comes out firing, no hesitations whatsoever. He's not an easy opponent for Ronnie.

Yes if Ronnie is going to win this match, which I believe he will, he's going to have to do it the hard way, Bingo won't just roll over.

But as you so rightly said, I'd rather have a match sharp Ronnie to face Judd than a Ronnie who had a very easy win against Bingham.

This will test all his game departments, and that will be key when he faces Judd.

Postby PLtheRef

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What impresses me about Bingham is that he's fearless. Despite his very poor h2h record against Ronnie he usually comes out firing, no hesitations whatsoever. He's not an easy opponent for Ronnie.

He's probably due considerably more credit than a few give him when you consider his recent performances albeit those bar one have all been in single session matches.

A good performance tomorrow afternoon will increase his confidence but it says much for the calibre of O'Sullivan that several people won't see Bingham as secure unless he has a lead of 11-5 going into the final session. - O'Sullivan can roar back in second sessions, look at Sunday as an example.

Stuart needs foot on throat time

Postby PLtheRef

Just as an addition in case Judd does win the first frame of the final session

Since 2005 there's been two 13-4 quarter-final victories. In both instances the winner lifted the trophy the following Monday evening

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:But don't get me wrong, I expect nothing but a Ronnie win tomorrow. Losing to Bingham at the Worlds would be a body blow. It always took quite special performances to deny Ronnie at the Crucible.

So good luck Ronnie, forget about Judd Trump for now, tomorrow is a big day!

He will win I'm sure SO.

Only a fool like MDG thinks the match is already over when Bingham is 5-3 ahead <laugh>

Even 10-6 down I will fancy Ronnie, 11-5 or 12-4 would obviously be way too much.

Postby Skullman

PLtheRef wrote:Just as an addition in case Judd does win the first frame of the final session

Since 2005 there's been two 13-4 quarter-final victories. In both instances the winner lifted the trophy the following Monday evening

There have been only 4 in total and 3/4 out of those have gone on to win the title, with the only not doing so being in 1979.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:But don't get me wrong, I expect nothing but a Ronnie win tomorrow. Losing to Bingham at the Worlds would be a body blow. It always took quite special performances to deny Ronnie at the Crucible.

So good luck Ronnie, forget about Judd Trump for now, tomorrow is a big day!

He will win I'm sure SO.

Only a fool like MDG thinks the match is already over when Bingham is 5-3 ahead <laugh>

Even 10-6 down I will fancy Ronnie, 11-5 or 12-4 would obviously be way too much.

10-6 is actually a rare score to overturn, been ten years since it was done last (Ebdon against ROS in 2005) and only happened 5 other times.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie better not lose the second session 5-3 then

Yeah he better not.

But if it does happen, although it's very rare, I can somehow see Bingham chocking a bit and Ronnie make it 11-9 at MSI and be right back in the match, and from there win it.

But yeah Ronnie better get his act together and don't let it come to that.