Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship Day 12 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield (17 April – 3 May 2010)

Wednesday 28 April

Results

Graeme Dott 13-12 Mark Allen
Steve Davis 5-13 Neil Robertson
Ali Carter 13-12 Shaun Murphy
Mark Selby 13-11 Ronnie O'Sullivan

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 12 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Bourne

This Dott vs Allen match is bubbling up nicely for a great finish. That 16th frame for Mark could be huge in the context of the match, looked to be all at sea for a few frames, Dott really had him under the cosh but that confidence booster at the very end clearly meant a lot to him, he was pumped. 8-8 is perfectly poised, both have experience at this level of closing out this sort of match.

Postby Tubberlad

Just read Sonny's thread on Graeme Dott... and he's spot on. I'm proud to say I never criticised Dott, and reguard him as an excellent player, and he's proved it again at this World Championship. Absolutely delighted for him, and if he can get to the one table stage for the third time, it'll really prove what a good player he is. One of the best matchplayers of all time?

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:How come Ronnie and Selby are playing afternoon and evening? Seems odd.

I know they should have played this morning and evening, with the conclusion of the Dott v Allen match in the afternoon.

Postby Monique

It's not the first time this happens. I remember in 2007, Selby and Carter also played the two last sessions on the trot. My guess is that it's an organisational thing related to the postmatches and press conferences.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:It's not the first time this happens. I remember in 2007, Selby and Carter also played the two last sessions on the trot. My guess is that it's an organisational thing related to the postmatches and press conferences.

it happens every year for as long as i can remember the used to do the same thing with the last Second Round matches as well but they not done that resentely

In 2005 Mcculloch Played Mcmanus 2 sessions on the trott in 2006 Williams v O'Sullivan played 2 sessions on the trott in 2007 as Monique said it was the turn of Selby v Carter then in 2008 Joe Perry v Stephen Maguire and Last year Neil Robertson and Stephen Maguire....

its just the luck of the draw nothing to do with any biased towards players etc.

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:What is the mandatory time gap between sessions?

I would imagine they would need 90mins to go get something to eat and chill out for a bit

i would think so.

Postby Wildey

Eurotrash wrote:As long as Selby doesn't slow the match down to his level again, the players will have plenty of time to eat. <ok>

but selby there to win if that means starving Ronnie so he hasent got the energy to play fast then so be it <ok>

Postby Mal

I think people get too focused on Selby slowing the game down – There was only a couple of seconds between them in shot time and there was a lot of safety.

They both missed balls and neither were at their best, but it is a three session match and that is the great thing about the WC – that each session tells a different part of the story. They are both starting from level now and it is still anyone’s game – Selby has a positive attitude and certainly won’t be worried about not being ahead – he is good at kicking on as well and also good from behind – he in my opinion has the strongest mental attitude of the current crop – Hendry in the 90s was clearly immense at all aspects, but is quite weak on that side now when he is put under pressure. Ebdon also was strong, but that seems to have slipped. I think Selby will close it out.

Allen does seem to like the tight matches and has won many matches in deciding frames, so I’m not too worried that his game has ebbed and flowed. Good to see Dott show some form and I think he deserves the top 16 place more than Cope, but doesn’t stop me cheering for Mark today! Come on Mark – Give him a thrashing and then get out for a pint!
:D <ok>

Postby Roland

Hopefully Selby will carry on with his grinding tactics until Ronnie properly loses it, then go on the offensive and kill him off with some big breaks.

Come on Selby!

Come on Dotty!

Postby Mal

Eurotrash wrote:
There was only a couple of seconds between them in shot time

Yes, Selby dragged Ronnie down to his level. Hopefully, today O'Sullivan will just play the table and get back to the sort of snooker he played against Williams in the final session. <ok>

I thought Ronnie dragged Selby down to his level <laugh>

Wild - I've got to be positive - Every cloud has a silver lining - somewhere.

Postby Alex0paul

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Why the buck is Dott's match not on 301!

take GJ's Lead and get Freesat on

I have Virgin Media downstairs but can't be fussed to go down

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Why the buck is Dott's match not on 301!

take GJ's Lead and get Freesat on

I have Virgin Media downstairs but can't be fussed to go down

as long as dott winning thats all that matters lol

i dont think it will Bother Mark Allen and when he gets in the balls im confident he can take them he just needs to not take silly risks Dott playing very well.

Postby Mal

case_master wc wrote:How unlucky was Allen there when he went into the reds? Left him no shot on, unfortunatly the balls are running Dotts way today again.

Allen would prefer to have the balls running his way when it is 11-12 down and 12-12.

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:How unlucky was Allen there when he went into the reds? Left him no shot on, unfortunatly the balls are running Dotts way today again.

he really needed to bounce that white through the pack like Ronnie does he just pushed it through and it stuck.

Postby Casey

Mal wrote:

Allen would prefer to have the balls running his way when it is 11-12 down and 12-12.

If this keeps up he wouldn't get that far, Dott does not look like missing when in and when Mark does the balls are not falling right for him. Similar to yesterday.