Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Mon April 27th) Last 16 !!

Postby Skullman

Image Image ImageSaturday 18th of April~Monday 4th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Today the last four matches of the last 16 end and the quarter final line up will be known. Three matches look exceptionally one sided, and the fourth not that close either.

Can someone make an incredible comeback or will it be quiet day at the Crucible?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Monday 27th of April

1pm

**Joe Perry 4-12 Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 6-4
**Marco Fu 6-10 Judd Trump Trump leads 10-6

7pm

**Allister Carter 5-11 Neil Robertson Robertson leads 13-7
**Matthew Stevens 4-12 Ronnie O’Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 14-5

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Mon April 27th) Last 16 !!

Postby TheRocket

Most boring day in this years championship coming up you'd say. But who knows, maybe a player gonna make a max or something like that without the pressure. But other than that. Those four matches have shown very clearly who the title contenders are and who not.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Most boring day in this years championship coming up you'd say. But who knows, maybe a player gonna make a max or something like that without the pressure. But other than that. Those four matches have shown very clearly who the title contenders are and who not.

Hopefully Ronnie makes a maxi very first frame since he couldn't do it against Steadman <laugh>

Fu v Judd could still go close if Fu say wins 3 of first 4 frames and is only 11-9 behind, otherwise Judd will win it easily.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie might make a maxi.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he really goes for it and even gifts Stevens 1 or 2 frames by taking silly shots.

He can definately afford that, but my guess is he'll want to win it quickly and not prolong the match any longer.

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he really goes for it and even gifts Stevens 1 or 2 frames by taking silly shots.

He usually goes for them if in a comfortable position and he feels the price is sufficient (think it was £40K for his in the UK?).

Postby AC or LT?

Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

He usually goes for them if in a comfortable position and he feels the price is sufficient (think it was £40K for his in the UK?).

Well he's got 6/7 free shots at it tomorrow so you never know.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:What these 2nd Rd matches have shown is there is a huge gulf between the top 5 or 6 players and the rest.

Yeah I agree, and it's even more evident in the biggest tournament of all.

Hopefully having some disappointing Last 16 matches will mean we will have some cracking Quarter-Finals ahead, as unlike some I can only see one match being one sided, and that's Ronnie's one.

Postby biisk

Andre147 wrote:
biisk wrote:Need to pick out a movie to watch tomorrow eve.

I haven't watched The Imitation Game yet, but will definately do soon as it's a great movie.

Ah yea, heard great stuff about the movie itself, but also heard that quite a few people criticized it for being pretty historically inaccurate?

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:What these 2nd Rd matches have shown is there is a huge gulf between the top 5 or 6 players and the rest.

Yeah I agree, and it's even more evident in the biggest tournament of all.

Hopefully having some disappointing Last 16 matches will mean we will have some cracking Quarter-Finals ahead, as unlike some I can only see one match being one sided, and that's Ronnie's one.

Can't see either Ding or Judd running away in theirs, and despite the scoreline, Murphy has been far from clinical, so if Ants takes his chances better than Perry has, it could be close.

Postby biisk

Skullman wrote:

Probably my lack of highbrowness showing, but the new Avengers movie was pretty good.

Still need to watch the first! Might have to do that one of these days.

Postby Muppet147

Andre147 wrote:

I haven't watched The Imitation Game yet, but will definately do soon as it's a great movie.

How do you know it's a great movie if you haven't watched it yet...?

Never mind.

I have watched it and it is pretty good. Benedict Cumberbatch is good in it and Ikea Knightley isn't quite as wooden as she usually is.

Postby hendry_fan

Monday 27th of April

1pm

**Joe Perry 4-12 Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 6-4
**Marco Fu 6-10 Judd Trump Trump leads 10-6

7pm

**Allister Carter 5-11 Neil Robertson Robertson leads 13-7
**Matthew Stevens 4-12 Ronnie O’Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 14-5

Joe Perry 4-12 Shaun Murphy.= No comment.

Marco Fu 6-10 Judd Trump.= No comment.

Matthew Stevens 4-12 Ronnie O’Sullivan.= No comment.

Allister Carter 5-11 Neil Robertson.= No comment.

One does,nt need to be a professor to know who,s gonna join the 1/4,s. :chin:

I think i might watch sum golf today,if there,s any to watch that is. :dizzy:

Over n out. :zzz: :-D

Postby vodkadiet

It is a good thing that there isn't much snooker being played today.

There should be a rest day about this time of the tournament anyway. It gives viewers a chance to recharge their batteries and switch off before the last 7 days of the tournament.

Those old enough may remember that on this day of the tournament in 1989 no snooker was televised as there was a BBC strike. And Willie Thorne said to Stephen Hendry's manager before the start of their match on the Sunday; "Tell Hendry he has a meeting with 'The Great WT' at 3 O'Clock.' Thorne lost 4-13....

Postby Casey

A bit of a nothing day unless Fu can take 3 of the first 4 frames. The good news is the QF's are looking a bit tasty. Robbo's v Ding & Murphy v Magill, should be high quality and close.