Topic locked

Betfred World Championship (Fri April 23rd) Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image ImageSaturday 18th of April~Monday 4th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Last 16 is now in full flow with John Higgins holding a 5-3 lead over Ding Junhui and World Champion Mark Selby held to 4-4 by Anthony McGill.

Former World Champion Graeme Dott starts out against Stuart Bingham and Barry Hawkins will be starting out hoping to turn a bad season in to a good season .

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Friday 24th of April

10am

Mark Selby 4-4 Anthony McGill Selby leads 2-1
Graeme Dott v Stuart Bingham Bingham leads 6-3

2.30pm

Barry Hawkins v Mark Allen Allen leads 8-1
Ding Junhui 3-5 John Higgins Ding junhui leads 9-7

7pm

**Mark Selby 4-4 Anthony McGill Selby leads 2-1
Graeme Dott v Stuart Bingham Bingham leads 6-3

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 23rd) Last 16 !!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Big day for Anthony McGill tomorrow...

Needs to stay in close distance, a 9-7 lead for him would be nice, even 8-8 wouldn't be bad but needs to have a good start I feel. The 2nd session very often decides the pattern of the match.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:

Needs to stay in close distance, a 9-7 lead for him would be nice, even 8-8 wouldn't be bad but needs to have a good start I feel. The 2nd session very often decides the pattern of the match.

He needs a challenge and should try coming back from 11-5 down. :|

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Fortunately Ding got into the gear at the end of the session and the match is wide open again. I'm still struggling to pick a winner here. 13-12 / 13-11 either way.

Higgins for me, Ding is still making too many mistakes and unless he really cuts them out the 2nd and 3rd sessions might follow a similar pattern to the 1st one.

I favour Higgins, but would love if Ding won.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:

Absolutely, he can't afford to let Selby pull away. With his composure and bottle he could even win this if it goes right down to the wire. So as long as he stays with Mark he's fine.

Postby The Cueist

Hi Andre , Long time mate.
Been very busy mate .

Been enjoying it immensely .
So tough are the tables , Just whoever gets confident
First that wins.

They resally are playing the table and not the opponents in my humble opinion.

Murphy looking good to go far in this tournsment.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I was just thinking that it's not out of the realm of possibility that not a single qualifier reaches the quarter final stage. When was the last time that happened?

That was a strange tournament. With so many seeds progressing we had some good last 16 and especially quarter final matches, the semis and the final however were disappointing.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I was just thinking that it's not out of the realm of possibility that not a single qualifier reaches the quarter final stage. When was the last time that happened?

That was a strange tournament. With so many seeds progressing we had some good last 16 and especially quarter final matches, the semis and the final however were disappointing.

Allen beating Ronnie was a tremendous match as well, not enjoyed Ronnie losing obviously, especially from 9-7 up, but it was a good match.

Him and Allen need a proper big match again, amazingly they have only met 3 times, that one, Masters which Allen also won and Welsh Open.

They always seem to avoid each other, and here they won't meet again obviously.

Postby Andre147

Paddpotter wrote:

He will have much bigger days ahead. I'd love to see him win tomorrow but it's not going to happen

Maybe but many said the exact same thing about Maflin and he only lost on the decider. Ok he still lost, but no one was predicting it to be that close.

McGill certainly has the game and temperament to cause a big upset here, it's about staying close with Selby and not let him run away with it.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Allen beating Ronnie was a tremendous match as well, not enjoyed Ronnie losing obviously, especially from 9-7 up, but it was a good match.

Him and Allen need a proper big match again, amazingly they have only met 3 times, that one, Masters which Allen also won and Welsh Open.

They always seem to avoid each other, and here they won't meet again obviously.

Allen only has to beat Hawkins, Robbo and Selby while Ronnie only has to beat Stevens, Bingo and Trump.
Piece of cake :-D

Postby Paddpotter

Andre147 wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:

He will have much bigger days ahead. I'd love to see him win tomorrow but it's not going to happen

Maybe but many said the exact same thing about Maflin and he only lost on the decider. Ok he still lost, but no one was predicting it to be that close.

McGill certainly has the game and temperament to cause a big upset here, it's about staying close with Selby and not let him run away with it.

True..I'm just trying to tempt fate tbh :irk: Never say never