Post a reply

Turning off lurker mode

Postby pasunegirafe

Hi everyone!

Been lurking on this forum for about 1 1/2 years now. Don't know anyone who watches snooker so, I felt that it was time to register so I can talk about snooker with you fine people :evilgrin: . Can only discuss tennis with my sister because she's also a tennis fan. If I mention snooker the most I get from her is an eyeroll.

I'm still fairly new to snooker. Only really been following all the tournaments since the Masters 2014, but watched a few matches in the previous years. My favorite player is Mark Selby because of his strength of character.

My favorite sport is tennis (fav player Federer), close second is snooker. I also follow F1 and watch darts sometimes.

I am not French btw, despite what the username suggests. I am from Amsterdam, female and about twice Clara8633's age :-D.

I'll be honest. Like in real life I like to stand back and listen to other people's opinion, so my contribution to the discussions will be fairly low. However, I will chime in from time to time :-) .

Re: Turning off lurker mode

Postby pasunegirafe

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :blush:

Dan-cat wrote:I sometimes forget that there are lurkers on forums! Was one myself for a few months.

Welcome. Amsterdam is my 3rd favourite city, I made it there 5 times last year. :)

Dan

5 times last year? That's a lot. Work or pleasure ;-)?

Postby Dan-cat

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Welcome, love Amsterdam, lived there for 3 years. Well zaandam:)

I meet a lot of Scottish people in Amsterdam :)

PASUNEGIRAFE wrote:5 times last year? That's a lot. Work or pleasure ;-)?

A bit of both! I like to rent an apartment on Air B'n'B and stay for a long weekend. I love the music scene (my favourite club is Wicked Jazz Sounds on Sunday night at Sugafactory, live disco, house and funk) and occasionally crazy techno clubs like the Gashauder. I also do a bit of work while I'm there - make some music or do some writing on my macbook, and chill out in my favourite coffee shop the Hill Street Blues on Niewmarkt :) It's a beautiful friendly city. I play pool there, sometimes entering tournaments or just playing for 20 euros a rack. My favourite table is the 9 foot one on the top floor of a coffee shop called Prix D'Ami near the station. :)

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat, you do seem to live a great life, if I do say so myself. I'd love to travel and see abit of the world as well if the chance ever arose.

Postby armchair de critique

Cloud Strife wrote:Dan-cat, you do seem to live a great life, if I do say so myself. I'd love to travel and see abit of the world as well if the chance ever arose.

Jewell, have you got a passport ? :gag:

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:Dan-cat, you do seem to live a great life, if I do say so myself. I'd love to travel and see abit of the world as well if the chance ever arose.

:) Thank you Cloud Strife. I do feel lucky, every day. I spend nearly all of my money on travelling and adventures. You can do anything you want if you choose it. It really is just a choice. Decide what you want to achieve, set this as your intention and then turn the key: follow the steps. If it's meant to happen then the universe will help you all the way. You can make it happen! It might not happen in the way you expect - all you can do is buckle your seat belt and hang on for the ride.

Postby pasunegirafe

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Welcome, love Amsterdam, lived there for 3 years. Well zaandam:)

Close enough ;-). 3 years? Dan ken je vast wel wat Nederlandse woordjes.

DAN-CAT wrote:
A bit of both! I like to rent an apartment on Air B'n'B and stay for a long weekend. I love the music scene (my favourite club is Wicked Jazz Sounds on Sunday night at Sugafactory, live disco, house and funk) and occasionally crazy techno clubs like the Gashauder. I also do a bit of work while I'm there - make some music or do some writing on my macbook, and chill out in my favourite coffee shop the Hill Street Blues on Niewmarkt :) It's a beautiful friendly city. I play pool there, sometimes entering tournaments or just playing for 20 euros a rack. My favourite table is the 9 foot one on the top floor of a coffee shop called Prix D'Ami near the station. :)

Sounds like you know your way around Amsterdam. I wish I could say that I know all the places you just mentioned but I don't :-/. Well, except Nieuwmarkt. That one I do know because it has 'Chinatown' and the Red Light District is nearby ;-).

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:

:) Thank you Cloud Strife. I do feel lucky, every day. I spend nearly all of my money on travelling and adventures. You can do anything you want if you choose it. It really is just a choice. Decide what you want to achieve, set this as your intention and then turn the key: follow the steps. If it's meant to happen then the universe will help you all the way. You can make it happen! It might not happen in the way you expect - all you can do is buckle your seat belt and hang on for the ride.

Thank you for your kind words. Top man. :hatoff:

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

pasunegirafe wrote:

ya, twee biertjes alsjeblieft, godverdomme, ik ben moe friets met stoofvlees. A few more sweary words lol.

Postby pasunegirafe

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:

ya, twee biertjes alsjeblieft, godverdomme, ik ben moe friets met stoofvlees. A few more sweary words lol.

Hahaha, that's pretty good! And your spelling was pretty much spot on. Only misspelled 'friets' which is actually 'friet'. You can also use 'frites', but 'friet' is more commonly used.

:spot on:

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Thank you for your kind words. Top man. :hatoff:

What are you up to? I think I got the impression you were studying?

No, I'm not studying. I wish I was, I miss my school and college days.

I'm just your average full time worker like millions of others.

Postby Lucky

armchair de critique wrote:

so is cloud strife actually jewell....as in the rat?

Postby Dan-cat

pasunegirafe wrote:Btw, Dan-cat, what kind of music do you make? Anything we can listen to on Soundcloud or something? :-)

Yo :) I have a fortnightly radio show on Hoxton FM (www.hoxton.fm) here in London, you can listen to previous shows here: https://www.mixcloud.com/dancat/ I have loads of recent ones to upload I've been a bit slack!

I play house music, my favourite type is 7am Ibiza sunrise tunes! I also have an irregular chat section on the show where I interview people about spirituality, meditation, alternative medicines/treatments (an ancient Southern American medicine called ayahuasca mainly, which can help with mental and physical problems and is being used to treat depression and addiction succesfully) and the subjects can be experts in their field or just regular people getting started on the spirit path.

I mainly play and make house music, and I also do disco / rock / eclectic gigs at house parties. I've got a pretty broad range of tastes.

I've released records under a range of pseudonyms since 2002, the most successful of which was the Cheshire Catz, a dj partnership that spanned 2002 - 2008. We toured the world and all over the UK. It was a roller coaster ride :) The records we made were a sort of minimal and electro house, some of them are on Spotify here: https://open.spotify.com/artist/1Y0X2zdkS9jZ66c9Cukiek

I released a chunk of records as Dan Cat about 4 years ago and you can hear them on Soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/dancat

Writing this post has made me realise that I haven't released a record of my own for nearly 5 years. In this time I've produced a lot of others for other DJs and bands, and also written/directed/produced a pilot for a TV show which is in development now called 'Third Eye.'

In the last few months I've been super productive in the studio, I'm involved in three different collaborations and these records will come out over the next few months. DJ gigs go up and down depending on your releases and how much buzz they get. I'm lucky in that I have some regular residencies that I still play at, but DJing has not been my main focus for a few years now. Different fish to fry :)

sorry. That got waffly :)

Postby armchair de critique

Lucky wrote:
armchair de critique wrote:

so is cloud strife actually jewell....as in the rat?

Yes he is Seifers bum chum :chuckle:

Postby Wildey

Guys do not turn a thread created by a newbie in to some sort of old gang vendetta.

lets move on from that rubbish

Postby Paddpotter

pasunegirafe wrote:Hi everyone!

Been lurking on this forum for about 1 1/2 years now. Don't know anyone who watches snooker so, I felt that it was time to register so I can talk about snooker with you fine people :evilgrin: . Can only discuss tennis with my sister because she's also a tennis fan. If I mention snooker the most I get from her is an eyeroll.

I'm still fairly new to snooker. Only really been following all the tournaments since the Masters 2014, but watched a few matches in the previous years. My favorite player is Mark Selby because of his strength of character.

My favorite sport is tennis (fav player Federer), close second is snooker. I also follow F1 and watch darts sometimes.

I am not French btw, despite what the username suggests. I am from Amsterdam, female and about twice Clara8633's age :-D.

I'll be honest. Like in real life I like to stand back and listen to other people's opinion, so my contribution to the discussions will be fairly low. However, I will chime in from time to time :-) .

Welcome... I'm newish too.....I'm sure most people that view this site never comment because of all the lovely lady fights going on :-D But on the whole it seems to have quite a few knowledgeable posters. If you need to keep up with the snooker World over the year it's one of the best!

It does have it's fair amount of rubbish though! Like the guy Snookerfan who likes to talk about himself a lot :irk: But when he actually talks about Snooker even he is quite interesting <cool>

I've probably posted more tonight than I have for the whole other days since I signed up! But don't worry guys I binge post once every 2 years generally :wave: Happy snooker watching everybody