Topic locked

World Championship (Thurs April 23rd) Last 32 & Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image ImageSaturday 18th of April~Monday 4th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Today Sees the last 32 come to a close and the 3 sessions of the last 16 getting under way.

Defending World Champion Mark Selby sets out in his second round match as does 4 times World Champion John Higgins also sets out against Ding Junhui.

Both Judd Trump and Shaun Murphy holds a 7-2 lead going in to their final session to conclude the last 32.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Thursday 23rd of April

1pm

Mark Selby v Anthony McGill Selby leads 2-1
**Judd Trump 7-2 Stuart Carrington Never played before

7pm

**Shaun Murphy 7-2 Robin Hull Murphy leads 2-0
Ding Junhui v John Higgins Ding junhui leads 9-7

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: World Championship (Thurs April 23rd) Last 32 & Last 16

Postby hadi1258

Dear Friends Image You can Also watch matches by these feeds Image :

World Snooker Championship

Eutelsat 7A/B 7.0°E

DVB-S2 8PSK
H.264 Video

---------------------------------

H

Table 1B

CW: A5 EA 27 B6 6C A1 A7 B4

http://www.mediafire.com/view/d085tnkac ... e%201B.png

---------------------------------

H

Table 2B

CW: CC 4E 84 9E 98 14 37 E3

sid = 0001

Postby Andre147

As for the others, I really can't wait for Higgins v Ding. I think it could be a cracking match of both play well, they have similar styles actually, Higgins temperament much better though.

As for Ants v Selby, Ants needs a good start I think to settle himself down, but that decider win Selby had will have the same effect it had on him last year against White, it will spurr him on.

Postby Skullman

Since the last 16 is starting tomorrow will give my thoughts on the last 16 matches. Will assume Murphy and Judd make it through.

Selby v Ants: Ants played pretty well against Mags but Selby will be an entirely prospect. He won't have stroppy spells like Maguire did and is entirely more solid. I don't think he'll have another of those nervy spells now that he's been tested and settled into his defence slightly.

Murphy v Perry: Perry can play well but I think Murphy's ridiculous potting will be too much for Perry. Definitely harder to keep out than Zhanger. Plus Perry hasn't been very one visit heavy so far and Hull has found out what happens if you do that against Murphy...

Hawkins v Allen: Hardest match to call IMO. They met in 2011 and it went to a decider but a lot has changed since. Hawkins was newbie to those situations then and now he's been to the one table set up more often than Allen. Meanwhile, Allen hasn't been far in the tournament since and personally, I don't think he's as good as he in earlier seasons, while Hawkins has definitely improved.

Carter v Robbo: Carter looks up for it, but even at his best there are three players I would give little chance against, as he's just good enough. Robbo is one of them. I think Carter could make it close, but I think pressure from a really top notch opponent will get him. He hasn't really faced that many recently.

Ding v Higgins: Again tough to call. Ding rarely turns up properly in Sheffield and despite coming back from 4-0 against Mavis, his opponent helped him tremendously. While Higgins looked good but is very inconsistent and not as good as he used to be in pressure situations even when playing well. I have a sneaky feeling about Higgins but nothing really to justify it.

Fu v Trump: Marco is very good on his day but is too inconsistent and even then has difficulty beating players like Smurph and Trump. With Judd becoming very solid these days, can't see anything other than a Judd win.

Dott v Bingham: While Bingo is the seeded player, I'd make Dotty the favourite. He loves the Crucible and it suits his game very well. Add to that Bingo's poor performances here over the years, I say Dott to make the quarters. As an aside, I remember their match in the UK quarters and IMO Dott was the better player there as well. I think over 25 frames instead of 11, he can take Bingo.

Stevens v ROS: Stevens played well in bits against MJW, especially the last session, but ROS beats Stevens most of the time and like many have said, that win from Stevens in a best of 7 in the Welsh means almost nothing. Stevens will have to keep up a good standard, and more importantly, keep it together mentally Tough ask, although I'd love it he won. Probably a reasonably easy ROS win.

Postby Andre147

Yes very good analysis there Skull, spot on as always :hatoff:

I definately agree that the Hawkins v Allen and Higgins v Ding are the hardest to name a winner.

I favour Allen because he looked very solid in his match and he wants to have another good run here, plus he'll have good memories from that previous meeting they had here.

I think with Ding a lot will depend on how he starts. Against Higgins I dont think he can afford to start like he did v Mavis, but as Ding himself said, he knows how to play against Higgins and in fact leads their head to head. I favour Higgins, but only just slightly, I'd love a Ding win here though.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ding v Higgins obviously is one the highlights of this round. And it's fitting that they have another go at each other so soon after their gripping CO match. Higgins was convincing all the way through his first round, Ding played some really good stuff in the second session. This could go right down to the wire.

Postby vodkadiet

Day 5 was rubbish. Trump played well, but his opponent was rubbish and boring.

Hull was disappointing. Murphy played some sensational individual shots, which was the highlight.

I don't know what happened to Williams.

Perry v Anda was terribly dull.

O'Sullivan's match was a foregone conclusion.

It can only get better.

Postby Skullman

I've always been a proponent of the idea that a weak first round usually leads to better latter rounds. An exciting first round with lots of shocks can lead to many damp squib last 16, and quarters and beyond.

Postby Andre147

It will get better I'm sure Vodka. The first 2 days were excelent, but after that not much excitment.

We have some cracking matches ahead so yeah it will get better, and it helps only 3 seeds have lost, Murphy and Trump will also come thorugh theirs.

Postby Wildey

i think its been a good tournament so far great tense matches early on but First Wednesday was a black day for sure.

But i think it is shaping up very nicely with some great matches 3 Qualifiers made it through with 2 of them Stevens and Dott with real crucible pedigree.

Ronnie has to step it up....Ronnie has played 50% better than he played today and lost in the 1st Round but make no mistake he will step it up as will Selby.

Performances of the first round has to be Neil Robertson, Mark Allen and Matthew Stevens but that counts for nothing when it gets to the crunch.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/32421212

Vodka will enjoy this article <laugh>

It appears to have done Neil the world of good.

Andre, thanks for that.

I am not surprised Mehta, is on a Vegan Diet. There are lots are Vegetarians in India, and in fact there is a town in India where eating animals is a criminal offence.

I actually distance myself from the term 'Vegan diet' as Veganism goes far beyond a diet, although I still think just being a dietary Vegan is better than nothing.

In some countries being on a Vegan diet is difficult. I believe, in your country more meat is eaten than anywhere else in Europe, and maybe the world?

People get confused and think all Vegans are healthy. They aren't. It is very easy to eat all the worst Vegan food and drink lots of beer. Although, Vegans (at least in the UK don't smoke cigarettes), as cigarettes contain animal products.

Robertson v Burger King boy Trump would be an interesting contrast, and a great final.

Robertson should be sponsored by a Vegan company, although he may have to lose the leather shoes.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 23 Apr 2015, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Andre147

Yes we have discussed this before, my country does eat meat a LOT. Even if one tries to distance himself from that and starts eating proper food and not one that kills animals, many will see you as an outsider.

And you know sometimes even if you don't want to, if you are invited to parties all they have is meat, meat, meat, ocassionally some fish, but yeah and then what can you do? Say you refuse the food and want to eat somewhere else? It's tricky sometimes, but nowadays it's much better than some years ago, as we have more selection now.

Anyway, going back to the article, it appears Neil is in a much better place mentally and physically and is able to prepare better for tournaments. He says he never practiced harder than what he did for this, so let's see if that truly pays out. I believe him and Trump are the ones that are going to make the Final.

Postby Pink Ball

You have some very interesting thoughts on Veganism vodkadiet. I've never acted on my feelings, but I've often thought how completely inexcusable our treatment of animals is. I've often heard justification of the killing of animals for meat, so long as it's done humanely. So what if it's done humanely? If you kill a person, is it okay once it's done humanely? It may seem far off now, but there may come a day in the VERY distant future when we look back at how we treated animals with shame and disgust in the same way that we look back on atrocities committed against humans (genocide, etc.).

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:Yes we have discussed this before, my country does eat meat a LOT. Even if one tries to distance himself from that and starts eating proper food and not one that kills animals, many will see you as an outsider.

And you know sometimes even if you don't want to, if you are invited to parties all they have is meat, meat, meat, ocassionally some fish, but yeah and then what can you do? Say you refuse the food and want to eat somewhere else? It's tricky sometimes, but nowadays it's much better than some years ago, as we have more selection now.

Anyway, going back to the article, it appears Neil is in a much better place mentally and physically and is able to prepare better for tournaments. He says he never practiced harder than what he did for this, so let's see if that truly pays out. I believe him and Trump are the ones that are going to make the Final.

I have the same problem when I visit my parents at family gatherings. I tend to not eat when I visit them and when they start eating their corpses I make my point by leaving the dinner table.

I still think O'Sullivan may beat Trump. I don't think O'Sullivan was giving it his best at The Grand Prix. I really will be supporting O'Sullivan if he meets Trump, if Trump is going to keep that logo on his waistcoat.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 23 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I laughed out loud when I saw the Burger King badge (and imagined all the usual Stephen Lee jokes). In general I think sponsors logos look ridiculous considering they have to wear bow ties and waistcoats in an attempt to look classy which is ruined by having a betting company stuck on it. It applies even more to a company like Burger King.

Postby Alex0paul

PLtheRef wrote:Not sure but I don't think there's been as many as 14 players in a last 16 draw at the Crucible to have played on the one table set up there previously

15 if you include McGill's Junior Pot Black final

Postby vodkadiet

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I laughed out loud when I saw the Burger King badge (and imagined all the usual Stephen Lee jokes). In general I think sponsors logos look ridiculous considering they have to wear bow ties and waistcoats in an attempt to look classy which is ruined by having a betting company stuck on it. It applies even more to a company like Burger King.

Aside from the cruelty of Burger King, it just lowers the tone of a sport that should have some class.