Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 11 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

After 10 Days we are Down to 8 Players.

Steve Davis v Neil Robertson

so the old boy made it you could say its a miracle both these players are here for different reasons and on Paper i see this as the most likely one sided match with Robertson having to much for Steve.

Ali Carter v Shaun Murphy

murphy going for Revenge After Carter Walloped him in 2008 13-4 i think this will be closer and anyones Match.

Greame Dott v Mark Allen

a back to form dott is tough for anyone but Mark so full of confident having been to the Semi last year i think Allen will edge this one.

Mark Selby v Ronnie O'Sullivan

Pick of the Round Ronnie starts Favorite but i think Mark is consistant Enough in the balls to push him hard and see what happens at the buisness end.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

wildJONESEYE wrote:After 10 Days we are Down to 8 Players.

so the old boy made it you could say its a miracle both these players are here for different reasons and on Paper i see this as the most likely one sided match with Robertson having to much for Steve.

murphy going for Revenge After Carter Walloped him in 2008 13-4 i think this will be closer and anyones Match.

Greame Dott v Mark Allen

a back to form dott is tough for anyone but Mark so full of confident having been to the Semi last year i think Allen will edge this one.

Pick of the Round Ronnie starts Favorite but i think Mark is consistant Enough in the balls to push him hard and see what happens at the buisness end.

Who do you think will come through wild? I see 2 out of 4

Postby Bourne

davis147 wrote:I will win the 1st session: 5-3 drew 2nd session: 4-4 and finishing winning the match in the last session: 4-3 as I will win 13-10!

I done 6 x 100's in practice today!

Nice one, make sure you get a 147 in the match :dance:

davis147 wrote:I will win the 1st session: 5-3 drew 2nd session: 4-4 and finishing winning the match in the last session: 4-3 as I will win 13-10!

I done 6 x 100's in practice today!

The first line can definitely happen. Wouldn't be surprised either, make me smile too. :)
Not sure about the 6 Tons <laugh> I'd say 26 more like. <ok>

Postby Wildey

to be honest john the only one i see nailed on or as close to nailed as possible is Robertson no disrespect to Steve but he had a lot of Help from Higgins in the second round the other 3 matches could go either way.

Today ronnie was flying tomorrow he might not hes so inconsistent so see how that goes for selby.

wildJONESEYE wrote:to be honest john the only one i see nailed on or as close to nailed as possible is Robertson no disrespect to Steve but he had a lot of Help from Higgins in the second round the other 3 matches could go either way.

Today ronnie was flying tomorrow he might not hes so inconsistent so see how that goes for selby.

Did you have a Bet wild?

Postby N_Castle07

Hopefully Davis can keep his form going if so this could be closer than what people think, I would love him to reach the one table setup for one last time. I think Robo is hungry this year and I can see him winning this one but I’ve got my fingers crossed for Steve.

I’m picking Murphy for this one I can see Murphy being a big favourite for this years Worlds.

Greame Dott v Mark Allen

Dark horse Dott could grind this game out but I’m picking Allen for this, I’ve been impressed with him this tournament and think he is a possible finalist this year.

Very unpredictable depends which Ronnie turns up as always. But after the Welsh Final a few years back and the Masters I don’t think Selby is scared of Ronnie at all. For the good of the game I want Selby to win.

I would like to see a new World Champion this year for the good of the game. Dott is an exception I would love him to win his second World title to shut up all his critics who don’t rate him.

Postby davis147

Cheers all for the supportive of me!

It a pity, I feel really great, raring to go and can't wait for the match to start at 10am (feel very confident and in the winning mood!) Myself and Neil had been on the practice table this morning since 7am for 2 hours, now having breakfast then off to shower!

Postby Mal

I see the Quarter Finals shaping up like this:
Neil Robertson vs Steve Davis - Obviously Davis has exceeded expectations and he will still I'm sure be determined. Robertson beat him 10-2 last year, but before that Davis had got a better record against Robertson than vice versa. I think however, Robertson has had a scare and will not underestimate Steve. He does seem to enjoy the big matches and I think he will beat Steve, but I do think Davis will take it close - 13-9.

Shaun Murphy - Ali Carter - In my opinion, these two players are yet to perform to their best - The Carter - Perry match was tough to watch at times, as was surprisingly Murphy - Ding - Cope didn't give Carter any test at all in the first round and Greene although he put up a mini revival didn't pose Murphy any problems and I thought neither had to produce their best. Carter beat Murphy this time in 2008 convincingly, but I think Murphy will avenge it and I think this will despite their previous performances be a high quality match. 13-11.

Mark Allen - Graeme Dott - In my opinion, along with Mark Selby, the most imrpessive players in the tournament so far. I see people have said Mark Allen hasn't had a great season - Well he won the Jiangus Classic, did well in the championship league, beat Higgins and only lost by the odd frame to Selby in the masters and out of six tournaments, has now made his fourth quarter final. It's just that two first round losses affect the ranking more - Someone who reaches a semi and loses in the first round does the same in points as someone who wins two first round matches and loses the 2nd round. But that's another story. I think he has beat Dott the last two times they have played. Also, Allen does love the big matches and being centre stage - Dott has been there and done it all before of course - If Dott wins, he gets back into the top 16, so perhaps there is a little added pressure there. I take it to be close at the start, but Allen to pull aways 13-7.

Mark Selby - Ronnie O'Sullivan - From 4-2 and 75-0 down, Selby produced sublime snooker against Hendry. Of course, we have seen O'Sullivan do that against Hendry from 4-1 down in the semis. I think it does need brilliant snooker to do that, but it also needs a Stephen Hendry devoid of confidence which he was from losing the seventh frame. Selby will be up for it, but so will Ronnie and I haven't seen him look so determined as he did against Williams for a while now. He didn't play well against Wenbo and if he eases off against Selby he will be punished. I'll go for Selby here as I'd love to see a Selby Allen semi as both their Masters matches have been high quality and played in great spirit between two great characters and it could be just what snooker needs! :excited:

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
davis147 wrote:I will try 147 because I think it will be very special one for me!

"I will try 147?"

he seems to think he is Steve Davis rofl

Postby Wildey

Steve cant do what Gould did to Robertson Gould just potted everything and cleared up Steve cant do that so there will be less pressure on Neils Safeties.

Postby Mal

Mal wrote:WT - 'Like a lot of left handed players, he plays with the rest with his right hand. which is unusual'

So - it's not unusual then Willie ;)

Sorry, not sure how to edit - I left a bit out from the great WT's quote...

Postby Bourne

davis147 wrote:Cheers all for the supportive of me!

It a pity, I feel really great, raring to go and can't wait for the match to start at 10am (feel very confident and in the winning mood!) Myself and Neil had been on the practice table this morning since 7am for 2 hours, now having breakfast then off to shower!

7am ? Why so late Steve, you should be there from at least 4am. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail :grrr:

Postby The Cueist

:ahh: Looking forward to the Davis v Robertson match and i have bought some Cadbury's "Timeout" choclate bars to nourish me throughout the day and to releive the boredom of waiting for Robertson to resume play after one of his long toilet breaks. :evilgrin:

My mum likes Robertson and she says he must have a delicate bowel :huh: :chin:

As you know i think different ;) He is an antipodean timewaster and i hope the officials adhere and enforce the rules regarding this for a change. :D :D ;) <cool> :ahh:

Still pigs might fly ;) But to get to Davis using this tactic would be a waste of time for Robertson.

I hope Davis can get inspired and take an early lead in this match. <ok>

C'MON DAVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D <cool> <cool> <cool> <cool> <cool> <cool> <cool> <cool> <cool> <cool> <cool> :ahh: :ahh: :-( :-( :) :) :) :) :) :ahh:

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:What is up with live scoring in the Allen v Dott match, surely a ball has been potted

yes its 1-0 Allen and 50-0 Allen in frame 2