Topic locked

Betfred World Championship (Wed April 22nd) Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image ImageSaturday 18th of April~Monday 4th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Today Zhang Anda makes his second appearance at the Crucible 5 years after his debut against the Stephen Hendry this time he will be up against Players tour Champion Joe Perry.

Also today can Ronnie O'Sullivan sock it to Craig Steadman and make the last 16 and can Mark Williams over turn a 7-2 deficit against fellow Welshman Matthew Stevens.

And the Final 2 matches of the last 32 gets underway Shaun Murphy v Robin Hull and Judd Trump v Debutant Stuart Carrington.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Wednesday 22nd of April

10am

Joe Perry v Zhang Anda Perry leads 2-0
**Ronnie O'Sullivan 7-2 Craig Steadman Never played before

2.30pm

Shaun Murphy v Robin Hull Murphy leads 2-0
**Mark J Williams 2-7 Matthew Stevens Williams leads 12-9

7pm

**Joe Perry v Zhang Anda Perry leads 2-0
Judd Trump v Stuart Carrington Never played before

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 22nd) Last 32 !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife wrote:Good luck to:

Shaun
Judd
Joe
Matthew

Ronnie doesn't need any luck on this occasion. He's already won.

I've just checked and seen that I actually went for Zhang in the contest. So good luck to Zhang instead of Joe.

Postby Casey

Williams should not be 7-2 down but that's the story. If he can get to 6 before Stevens gets to 9 he is in with a shout giving that Stevens often has trouble closing things out.

Looking forward to Trump, Roob is the early pace setter imo, time to see can that be beat.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:It'll be hard to beat Selby, but he has the skills to do it.

Eh? Selby's already played.

Sorry, for some reason I thought we were talking about McGill. (Who plays Selby next.)

I was so knackered last night, I barely knew where I was.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

Sorry, for some reason I thought we were talking about McGill. (Who plays Selby next.)

I don't give McGill much of a chance against Selby but you never know. If Selby plays how he did in the first round, there is a chance.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:So, whilst we're not on the subject, what's this about Ronnie taking his shoes off?

People seem to be kicking up a fuss about it. Is it really that big a deal?

He's done it before. No big deal. Ronnie has done more shocking things than just taking his shoes off in his career...

Postby TheSaviour

Steadman played some really promising stuff yesterday. His playing was good. It was just that he missed at least four basic blacks off the spot. Those were easy cuts and shots, or at least those should have been easy. So he was a bit nervous, but that might happen to anyone. His nickname seems to be "Rock-Steady" :chin:

Postby hendry_fan

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

I don't give McGill much of a chance against Selby but you never know. If Selby plays how he did in the first round, there is a chance.

McGill only has a chance if he really takes his chances and If Selby isn,t on song,as you say,you never know,it,ll be intrestin to see which Selby turns up.

I like one of the nicknames one of the viewers gave Ants,"The Glasgow Warrior",i personaly like it more that "McGill license to thrill",we,ve already got a Bond,Nigel. :-)

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Selby is favourite obviously, but I don't think McGill will be an easy opponent.

That century he made in the deciding frame against Mags was composed and brilliant.

Indeed.

It would be somethin if it also went to a decider against Selby and Ants were to serve up another century. :-)

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:Maybe it was an apology to Monique. Look, I'm sorry I got you thrown out at the World Grand Prix, I'll play in my socks as a punishment to myself.

I think Monique might have done something to Ronnie's shoes to make them feel uncomfortable... Do not underestimate her evil mind.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:So, whilst we're not on the subject, what's this about Ronnie taking his shoes off?

People seem to be kicking up a fuss about it. Is it really that big a deal?

in the grand scheme of things its not a major thing is it however he must be really thick bringing with him to a World Championship or to a situation where he needs to be in them for hours without walking them in first <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:in the grand scheme of things its not a major thing is it however he must be really thick bringing with him to a World Championship or to a situation where he needs to be in them for hours without walking them in first <doh>

It's a bit dopey, you'd think he'd have tried a pair of shoes on first. But compared to pretending to masturbate a cue, or talking to a female journalist about his sausage, it very much seems to be a particularly small offence.

Postby Andre147

Yes I agree, Ronnie really should have chosen a confortable pair of shoes and at least having get used to them hours before his match.

Anyway, hopefully he finishes this quick like Robbo.