100%
Dott easily
No votes
Dott just
No votes

Total votes : 8

Dott v Allen

Postby Casey

Mark Allen is back in the business end of the World Championship for the second year in a row. This time last year he came through very tuff games against Martin Gould, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Ryan Day.

However this year it has been a bit more plain sailing for him, beating the debutant Tom Ford before dispatching an in form Mark Davis.

On the other hand wee Dott had an extremely hard game against Peter Ebdon, a mentally draining game in which Dott withstood an Ebdon fight back. His next game was very different when he destroyed the world number 2 Stephen Maguire, nearly with a session to spare.

So who is the favourite? Well Dott has probably played the better snooker so far and has a place in the top 16 at stake. Mark Has yet to be tested but no doubt he will at least want to match last years heroics.

Hard to call but I hope Mark can sneak it and prove once more he is the real deal.

Re: Dott v Allen

Postby GJ

allen will win but it wil be close

Postby Casey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:allen will win but it wil be close

Thats what I think <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

Come on Graeme!

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

I've gone Mark Allen just geezer. <ok>

I'll tell (explain nicely) why. He's Hungriea mate. (Hungriea being the new Crucilbe word) <ok> Graeme Dott is a challenge, get your nerves sorted for your Man. As I see it, them boys are gonna' play at least 20 frames. No better boyo's too, bless them. <ok>

Mark Allen 13-12 / 13/11 I think........Along with everything Snooker offers too. A Great Match Up. <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:I've gone Mark Allen just geezer. <ok>

I'll tell (explain nicely) why. He's Hungriea mate. (Hungriea being the new Crucilbe word) <ok> Graeme Dott is a challenge, get your nerves sorted for your Man. As I see it, them boys are gonna' play at least 20 frames. No better boyo's too, bless them. <ok>

Mark Allen 13-12 / 13/11 I think........Along with everything Snooker offers too. A Great Match Up. <ok>

:D :excited: <ok>

Postby Bourne

Tricky to call :chin: Allen got off to a slow start in R2, not sure he can afford that against Dott who knows how to turn the screw in these situations. If Allen is no worse than level after tomorrow morning, I think he'll win it with something to spare in the end.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Bourne wrote:Tricky to call :chin: Allen got off to a slow start in R2, not sure he can afford that against Dott who knows how to turn the screw in these situations. If Allen is no worse than level after tomorrow morning, I think he'll win it with something to spare in the end.

:chin:
I think it's got everything. I'm back at work tomorrow (when's that :chin: )
OK. I'll put me chin out
Mark Alllen 7-1Graeme Dott
Mark Alllen 2-6Graeme Dott
Mark Allen 4-2 Graeme Dott

Love it. <ok>

Postby N_Castle07

Interesting read Dotts Wikipedia,

Graeme Dott (born 12 May 1977) is a professional snooker player from Larkhall in Scotland. He won the 2006 World Championship, which was his first ranking title after four previous runner-up spots. He won the 2007 China Open and reached #2 in the game's World Rankings, but has subsequently suffered from depression and experienced a loss of form, dropping out of the top 16 for the 2009/2010 season.
Biography
Early career
After being UK Under-19 champion in 1992 and Scottish Amateur champion in 1993, Dott turned professional in 1994. He slowly climbed the rankings, reaching the top sixteen in 2001, where he remained until 2009. Early successes included reaching the quarter-final of the 1996 Welsh Open and qualifying for the World Championship for the first time in 1997. Dott was a runner-up in the 1999 Regal Scottish Open, the 2001 British Open, the 2004 World Championship and the 2005 Malta Cup. He scored his only competitive 147 break in the 1999 British Open.
2006 World Championship victory
Dott started his campaign with an easy 10-3 victory over former champion John Parrott, before beating veteran Nigel Bond 13-9 in the second round. His quarter-final match was against Australia's Neil Robertson, and, after leading 12-8, he was pegged back to 12-12, before edging through the final and deciding frame, winning the tie 13-12. In the semi-finals he faced former two-time champion Ronnie O'Sullivan in a rematch of the 2004 final. At 8-8 after the second session of four sessions, O'Sullivan failed to win a single frame in the third session and Dott dominated play to win easily 17-11.
Dott faced Peter Ebdon in the final for the £200,000 prize. He began the last session of the match leading 15-7, but Ebdon won six successive frames to reduce his deficit to two frames. Dott eventually won by 18 frames to 14,[2] after winning some vital frames with marvellous clearances. It was the longest final ever and the latest to finish of all time. The previous record holder was the classic final frame last black ball finish 1985 final between Englishman Steve Davis and Northern Irishman Dennis Taylor, which finished at 12:19 a.m. (GMT). The Dott-Ebdon match finished half an hour later, this despite featuring three fewer frames, reflecting the slow overall pace of the match, the average frame length was so high that both afternoon sessions only had six frames, instead of the usual eight. Moreover, at just over 74 minutes, the 27th frame was the then longest (until 2009) in the history of the World Championship, even beating the 70 minute mark of the previous record set by Canadian Cliff Thorburn and Welshman Doug Mountjoy, two players of the 1980s not known for being quick either.
The victory over Ebdon took his ranking up to number 6 for 2006/07 season, a career high at the time.
Post-title career
Graeme shone in the 2006 UK Championships as well, reaching the semi finals, where he lost 7-9 to Stephen Hendry (who he had never beaten in a ranking tournament)[3] after having led 7-5. Dott briefly became the provisional world number one in the rankings system after overcoming Jamie Cope by 9 frames to 5 to win the 2007 China Open, his second ranking tournament win.[4]. Prior to this, he disliked going to China, not helped by a disastrous match in 2002.[5] However, going into the 2007 World Championship as defending champion, he suffered a shock 10-7 defeat in the first round to Ian McCulloch[6] in the opening match of the tournament, which dented his prospects of remaining no. 1. Newly crowned world champion John Higgins overtook him. The loss against McCulloch also maintained the "Crucible Curse", as Dott became the seventeenth consecutive first-time champion to lose his title the very next year.
2007/2008 was more of a struggle for Dott,[7] who described his late-2007 form as "hopeless... nowhere near to playing a good enough standard".[8] His season started promisingly, as he reached the semi-finals of the season-opening Shanghai Masters, where he defeated Michael Holt 5-4, tournament favourite Ding Junhui 5-1 and Stephen Lee 5-4 before losing his semi-final against Ryan Day 2-6, to close the gap on World #1 John Higgins, who went out in the second round; however, Dott then won no further matches that season; a run of 12 consecutive defeats, including all 5 group games in the Grand Prix, started from October 2007 onwards. In the UK Championship he was eliminated in the first round, 7-9, by unseeded Dave Harold, while in the Masters he lost 5-6 to eventual runner-up Stephen Lee for the third successive year.[9] Another first-round elimination followed in the Malta Cup, this time to Mark Williams. In the Welsh Open he lost his opening match once again, 4-5 to Michael Judge. In frame 7, when leading 4-2, he missed the pack completely with his break-off after miscuing, and also failed to hit the bunch on his next shot after being snookered. Dott announced that he could miss out on the 2008 World Championship, due to personal reasons, and according to his manager he had been suffering from depression.[10] However, Dott did eventually participate in the tournament, but was eliminated in the first round yet again for the second year in a row, losing 7-10 to Joe Perry,[11] subsequently sliding to #13 in the new world rankings, and finishing the season outside the top 32 in the one-year rankings.
Things did not improve in the early part of 2008/09, when a broken left arm sustained while playing football forced him to pull out of the Shanghai Masters[12] and Grand Prix.[13]
Dott did win the Berlin leg of the 2008 World Series of Snooker,[14] but withdrew from the Moscow event two days before it began, due to his wife preparing to give birth.[15] He reached the second round of the 2009 World Snooker Championship for the first time since winning the title in 2006, but lost to Mark Selby 13-10, dropping him out of the top 16.
In 2010 World Snooker Championship he knocked out Peter Ebdon in the first round by 10 frames to 5. He then beat fellow Scot Stephen Maguire 13-6 in the second round and for the first time since 2006 advanced to the quarter-finals.
Personal life
Dott married Elaine Lambie in 2003, and the couple celebrated the birth of their son, Lewis, in 2004. Elaine is the daughter of Dott's manager, Alex Lambie, who died on 16 December 2006 after a long battle with kidney cancer. Alex managed Graeme since he was 12 years old. Weeks after this, his wife suffered a miscarriage.[16] Dott has suffered from depression since these two events.[citation needed]
He supports Rangers[17] and paraded his World Championship trophy at Ibrox, their home ground, during half-time of Rangers' final league match against Hearts on 7 May 2006. He plays online poker, and is teetotal.[18]

Postby Smart

Think Allen will surge into a 4-0 lead and win the first session 6-2. Dotty will come back and win the next session 5-3.... leaving the match finely poised going into the last session with Allen leading 9-7.

Dotty will then go into overdrive and it will be adios to Allen, as Dotty bids him farewell.

Dotty win 13-9 :D <cool> :ahh:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:Think Allen will surge into a 4-0 lead and win the first session 6-2. Dotty will come back and win the next session 5-3.... leaving the match finely poised going into the last session with Allen leading 9-7.

Dotty will then go into overdrive and it will be adios to Allen, as Dotty bids him farewell.

Dotty win 13-9 :D <cool> :ahh:

rofl rofl

i like how you post 4-0 when thats the score at present.

i think allen has this in the bag