Topic locked

Betfred World Championship (Mon April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image ImageSaturday 18th of April~Monday 4th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Today both Neil Robertson and Barry Hawkins will be starting their concluding session with commanding leads and Ding Junhui and Allister Carter will be starting out on salvaging a disappointing season for contrasting reasons.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Monday 20th of April

10am

**Barry Hawkins 7-2 Matthew Selt 3-3
Stuart Bingham v Robbie Williams Bingham leads 2-0

2.30pm

**Neil Robertson 7-2 Jamie Jones Robertson leads 4-0
Ding Junhui v Mark Davis Ding Junhui leads 6-2

7pm

Allister Carter v Alan McManus 2-2
**Stuart Bingham v Robbie Williams Bingham leads 2-0

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Mon April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Holden Chinaski

I hope Ding Junhui fnds his form back. He's such a great player when he's playing his A game, so good to watch. It breaks my heart to see him struggling 'cause when he's at his best he plays the kind of snooker I love, great positional play and wonderful break building. But when he's not in form he can lose to anyone...

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:This clearance gives me some hope that McGill can cause an big upset in the next round.

Yes I want to believe in that as well.

He can't afford to make some of the mistakes he made against Mags when he faces Selby, but yeah he has every chance.

McGill has another advantage against Selby: all the pressure is on Mark. Anthony already reached his goal by winning a match at the Crucible now he can relax and see what happens.

The Pressure will be on McGill to re produce that.

Remember Wasley last year beating Ding 10-9 then he couldn't live up to that against Dominic Dale losing 13-4

I disagree. 2 major differences:
- Wasley played with Dale an outsider just like himself and he really must have fancied his chances. The situation would be comparable if McGill would now play Maflin.
- McGill has more experience and is more mature than Wasley. I think it was Wasley's first good run while McGill already reached a quarter final at the UK beating Higgins and nearly beating Ronnie.

Fair Point.

But also don't forget how bad Maguire did play in that match and he still won 9 frames.

Also McGill has never played in a Best of 25 (3 session Match) it might be a tad daunting.

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:Fair Point.

But also don't forget how bad Maguire did play in that match and he still won 9 frames.

Also McGill has never played in a Best of 25 (3 session Match) it might be a tad daunting.

The match last night was fantastic, classic crucible drama, but that is typical of Round 1 matches.

I agree with Wildey, anyone who seriously thinks Selby is that much of a chump to go out to McGill in the 2nd round is clutching at straws a little I feel. It may go close but Selby is going to go a long way in this competition this year.

Postby shankly

Yes, I don't think Selby will lose to McGill either, he's probably got too much class for McGill at this point in time. Still, Ants is my favourite player of the younger generation so I'm really happy for him! Will defo be watching the match, hopefully it'll be competitive at least.

Postby sundaygirl

mantorok wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Mantorok
SF is wearing a brightly coloured short sleeve shirt front row long side of the table
And he appears to be with another woman :dizzy:

What colour shirt?

Green and yellow and red kind of Hawaii style
Don't ask me about fashion I only ever wear black

Postby mantorok

sundaygirl wrote:
mantorok wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Mantorok
SF is wearing a brightly coloured short sleeve shirt front row long side of the table
And he appears to be with another woman :dizzy:

What colour shirt?

Green and yellow and red kind of Hawaii style
Don't ask me about fashion I only ever wear black

Yeah spotted him :)