Topic locked

Betfred World Championship (Sun April 19th) Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image ImageSaturday 18th of April~Monday 4th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Day 2 sees Stephen Maguire having to overturn a 6-3 deficit in his match against Anthony McGill and 2010 World Champion Neil Robertson starts out to try and win the Title again.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Sunday 19th of April

10am

Barry Hawkins v Matthew Selt 3-3
**Marco Fu 5-4 Jimmy Robertson Marco Fu leads 2-0

2.30pm

Neil Robertson v Jamie Jones Robertson leads 4-0
**Ricky Walden 4-5 Graeme Dott 1-1

7pm

**Stephen Maguire 3-6 Anthony McGill McGill leads 2-1
**John Higgins 6-3 Robert Milkins 4-4

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 19th) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:No distractions for me tomorrow, I'll be able to watch all sessions live and in full length :D

Yes me too :-D

You can read my thoughts on the incredible Selby match on the 18th April page, but yeah I'll watch them all tomorrow, in fact for these next few days as well.

Postby Andre147

Morning folks :-D

After a dramatic day yesterday, hopefully more to come today.

Thought SF might have already been around here... my guess is he has tickets for this morning's session.

Postby Wildey

Today theres 4 Matches coming to an end and all 4 matches are nicely poised.

The only match that could be a runaway is John Higgins leading Milkins 6-3 but you would expect the other 3 to be close.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Today theres 4 Matches coming to an end and all 4 matches are nicely poised.

The only match that could be a runaway is John Higgins leading Milkins 6-3 but you would expect the other 3 to be close.

I couldn't believe my eyes when Milkins missed that sitter of a pink yesterday to only trail 5-4 <doh>

Higgins was definately under the cosh having been leading 5-1... Milkins basically threw away the match there.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:Today theres 4 Matches coming to an end and all 4 matches are nicely poised.

I couldn't believe my eyes when Milkins missed that sitter of a pink yesterday to only trail 5-4 <doh>

Higgins was definately under the cosh having been leading 5-1... Milkins basically threw away the match there.

Milkins is capable of taking a 3-1 lead over Higgins and if that happens its 7-6 at the interval but he has to do that you feel 2-2 is not good enough

Postby Wildey

ttol wrote:Any casual watcher tuning in this morning must think Selt is one of the best players in the world, since he's playing in the World Championships. rofl

Well he is you dont get rubbish players qualifying

Postby ttol

Wildey wrote:
ttol wrote:Any casual watcher tuning in this morning must think Selt is one of the best players in the world, since he's playing in the World Championships. rofl

He's average by all accounts, just look at that plant he went for earlier.

Postby Wildey

ttol wrote:
Wildey wrote:

He's average by all accounts, just look at that plant he went for earlier.

if hes Average what does that Make other players.

Selt is 28th out of 128 Pros

Postby Wildey

Despite scoreboard problems that delayed the start of the second session between Marco Fu and Robertson they are 2 frames ahead the other table already

Postby TheSaviour

Andre147 wrote:Morning folks :-D

After a dramatic day yesterday, hopefully more to come today.

Thought SF might have already been around here... my guess is he has tickets for this morning's session.

A dramatic and a suprisingly tight result yes, but I see Selby still being as good break-builder as it just gets. I would certainly rate him as a big favourite to win this again, to defend his title. Re-match against O´Sullivan wouldn´t be bad at all. I would say Mark was a very unlucky yesterday. Stating that, there were and are some problems in Selby´s safety-game. But no-one is perfect, and his break-building certainly makes that up. When he gets in with a few loose there red he is always a very much threating to make a big break.

Interesting! Stephen Hendry seems to be a Chinese 8-ball player these days, but we do Mark Selby now! Kurt Maflin played well too, it was a great match to watch. I was a bit tired today when woke up..