Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Sat April 18th) Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image ImageSaturday 18th of April~Monday 4th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

The waiting is over, the Draw has been made (just about) and we are all set for 17 days at the Crucible.

On the first day as always defending champion steps out first, Mark Selby will start out on the defense of his title against Debutant Kurt Maflin.

Also Anthony McGill will be making his Debut agaist Fellow Scott Stephen Maguire. and another Scot Graeme Dott is back at the Crucible after missing last year.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Saturday 18th of April

10am

Mark Selby v Kurt Maflin 1-1
Marco Fu v Jimmy Robertson Marco Fu leads 2-0

2.30pm

Stephen Maguire v Anthony McGill McGill leads 2-1
John Higgins v Robert Milkins 4-4

7pm

**Mark Selby v Kurt Maflin 1-1
Ricky Walden v Graeme Dott 1-1

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 18th) Last 32 !!

Postby armchair de critique

Cloud Strife wrote:
armchair de critique wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Good luck Kurt.

<ok> :wave:

How refreshing would it be if Curt could have a run here? Especially, at the expense of Selby?

It would revitalise the sport...it would be front page news....it would grab the nations attention....people would flock to there local PotBlack club....snooker would be re-born.

No pressure Curt. <ok> :wave:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Alright, here we go! Opening day at the Crucible. It should be the start of a wide open, really great championship. This event is the pinnacle of our sport. Only proper multiple session matches, no best of 7, 9 or 11 bull. This is the tournament that really counts. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the start of it but I'll be back in the late afternoon. See you all later here tomorrow! Enjoy the snooker.

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Hoping the Selby of the china open turns up

Hoping the Selby of first half of season (PTC1 excluded) turns up :wave:

Which included a Shanghai Masters semi-final.

But no title <ok>

Postby Andre147

Paddpotter wrote:Meant to reply to the predictions thread for ages been absolutely screwed for weeks! So I won't make any predictions because I think you need a clear mind! Like to know other peoples feelings though?

A clear mind? Christ mate you're treating it like it's a life or death situation <laugh>

Predictions are just a bit of fun really, not much else.

Postby Paddpotter

Andre147 wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:Meant to reply to the predictions thread for ages been absolutely screwed for weeks! So I won't make any predictions because I think you need a clear mind! Like to know other peoples feelings though?

A clear mind? Christ mate you're treating it like it's a life or death situation <laugh>

Usually I'm sharp as a button but right now I'm not! I know it is fun but If i make a prediction I do it seriously

Postby V.V

Selby, my handsome hero, please get to the semis to face Robertson. Like last year. And beat the hell out of him and then Judd in final. :D

Though I predicted that robbo will get to the final... :)

Maflin will get 7 frames with great breaks but nerves will be on Selbys side.

Postby sundaygirl

Paddpotter wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Usually I'm sharp as a button but right now I'm not! I know it is fun but If i make a prediction I do it seriously

I actually seem to do better when I just go with a gut feeling and dash them off. Taking it too seriously makes me worse not better.

Postby armchair de critique

Andre147 wrote:

are you kidding, fun ??? Its extremely serious. :|

Postby Cloud Strife

armchair de critique wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

are you kidding, fun ??? Its extremely serious. :|

It's not fun for me unless I win. <ok>