Post a reply

2015 World Championship. The essential guide.

Postby Pink Ball

The qualifiers have qualified, the kettle is boiling, and the English Defence League are getting their glittery 'Good Luck Ronnie' banners down from the attic. Snooker's sexiest event is about to get under way.

Where to watch: Unless you enjoy shitty observations, the BBC should be avoided at all costs. Eurosport is the way to go.

Mark Selby: His wife is hot and she seems sound too. But the curse of the late Terry Griffiths haunts all first time winners at the Crucible. Title chances: 7/10

Kurt Maflin: If he said 'you have 24 hours to get the money', you'd rubbish yourself. Looks and sounds dangerous. 3/10

Stephen Maguire: Always nice to see him carrying on in spite of his troubling neck rash thing. 4/10

Anthony McGill: McGill says John Higgins is his hero. Nice alternative choice. 4/10

Joe Perry: Nice bloke, cool stare. 2/10.

Zhang Anda: Anyone who knocks the deplorable Wendy out is alright in my books. 2/10

Shaun Murphy: Has lost a lot of weight and naivety. Kudos to him. Could do damage. 6/10

Robin Hull: Not actually Finnish. Disappointing. 2/10

Barry Hawkins: He's been playing rubbish this year, no world title for Barry. 2/10

Matthew Selt: Did a rubbish interview yesterday. His world hopes are of similar vintage. 0/10

Mark Allen: I don't trust him. 5/10

Ryan Day: He may have pulled his Dad's sister-in-law, World title could prove tougher. 3/10

Ali Carter: No world title, but should bag another standing ovation. 2/10

Alan McManus: Thought his pants were lucky last year. Then had the rubbish kicked out of him by Selby. 1/10.

Neil Robertson: Always walks around like he's just screwed a worldie. I respect that. 6/10

Jamie Jones: Haven't seen him in aaaaaaages! 2/10

Ding Junhui: Misses easy pots, spills his pints, trips over his laces once he gets to the Crucible. 4/10

Mark Davis: 'Get out of the pool... and into my life'. Mark Davis, swimming instructor, lady-killer. 3/10

John Higgins: Looking a bit better these days but threat of being marmite always hangs over him. 4/10

Rob Milkins: Fast, but bad. 1/10

Marco Fu: Thought he could win last year, didn't. 4/10

Jimmy Robertson: Much toilet facility than the other Robertson. 0/10

Judd Trump: Stopped talking marmite, stopped playing marmite. Looks the part. 8/10

Stuart Carrington: Outlook not so good, says the magic 8 ball. 0/10

Ricky Walden: Abrasively average. 4/10

Graeme Dott: His glass is always half empty. Title hopes, same. 5/10

Stuart Bingham: Suddenly decided to be good a few years ago. Still good 5/10

Robbie Williams: He's got stars directing his fate. Down a dark alley, where he will be shot. 0/10

Mark Williams: Despicable hairline. 5/10

Matthew Stevens: That ship sailed years ago. And sank. And everyone drowned. 3/10

Ronnie O'Sullivan: Looked a bit cranky a few weeks ago, but still did better than most. 7/10

Craig Steadman: Craig Deadman. 0/10

Prediction: Judd Trump beats Selby in the final.
Last edited by Pink Ball on 17 Apr 2015, edited 4 times in total.

Re: 2015 World Championship. The essential guide.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Matthew Stevens: That ship sailed years ago. And sank. And everyone drowned. 3/10

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

And he still has higher chance than Hawkins apparently.

Postby Pink Ball

armchair de critique wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
V.V wrote:Why Robin is not finnish?

He is, but his Dad is English, so he's not an authentic Finn really.

He had a Cockney accent when they interviewed him the other day. :wave:

Damning. And the name 'Robin Hull' doesn't do it for me at all. You want a Finn to be called Jukii Jankunen or the likes, not Paul Vickers.

Postby PoolBoy

masterdoctorgenius wrote:a week to forget so far

bayern
federer

all lost

hope ronnie shows some kind of form

Ronnie O' Sullivan
Bayern Munich
Roger Federer

Glory hunter, much, are we?!!!
Man Utd no doubt.....!!!! :-)

Postby Cloud Strife

PoolBoy wrote:

bayern
federer

all lost

Ronnie O' Sullivan
Bayern Munich
Roger Federer

Lolz, I was just thinking that. At least he has good taste supporting Federer and Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:

bayern
federer

all lost

Ronnie O' Sullivan
Bayern Munich
Roger Federer

Lolz, I was just thinking that. At least he has good taste supporting Federer and Ronnie.

<ok>

Postby percycj

:snowman:
To put the matter of Robin Hull in its place.
Born in Helsinki 1974,brought up and educated in Finland where he has lived all his life, other than the years he lived in London to try his hand at pro-snooker where he got his London accent from. So in short, lived in Finland 34 years,is a Finnish citizen and speaks Finnish as his mother tongue. Nationality Finnish of course.

Postby Pink Ball

percycj wrote::snowman:
To put the matter of Robin Hull in its place.
Born in Helsinki 1974,brought up and educated in Finland where he has lived all his life, other than the years he lived in London to try his hand at pro-snooker where he got his London accent from. So in short, lived in Finland 34 years,is a Finnish citizen and speaks Finnish as his mother tongue. Nationality Finnish of course.

Look, let's say somebody comes up to you and says 'a Brazilian has qualified for the World Championship for the first time ever'. You ask what his name is, and you're told 'Dave Walker'.. Are you honestly telling me you wouldn't feel let down?!