Post a reply

And still

Postby snooky147

On the brand new WSA website, with all the stories of the past five days that have unfolded their latest news is still. "Gritty Evans denied by Docherty"
Nothing short of disgraceful the lack of coverage of the premier event final qualifying rounds by the players own association.

Re: And still

Postby SnookerFan

snooky147 wrote:On the brand new WSA website, with all the stories of the past five days that have unfolded their latest news is still. "Gritty Evans denied by Docherty"
Nothing short of disgraceful the lack of coverage of the premier event final qualifying rounds by the players own association.

I know, right.

Even Snooker Island is up to a Mark Davis watch thread....

Shoddy from World Snooker.

Postby Skullman

Unfortunately, no one from the media really covers anything other than the last round. You'll only see the likes of Matt from Prosnookerblog covering the early rounds.

Postby snooky147

Skullman wrote:Unfortunately, no one from the media really covers anything other than the last round. You'll only see the likes of Matt from Prosnookerblog covering the early rounds.

My point is though if the press officer from the WSA (and they do have one) cannot be bothered covering the cauldron that was these final round qualifiers The game will never get the recognition. you had comebacks and tension and all this should have been covered by the association.

Postby AC or LT?

SnookerFan wrote:I wouldn't mind having the qualifiers on Eurosport.

With them being so close to the event the BBC would probably have something to say about that as they own the rights..

Postby SnookerFan

AC or LT? wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I wouldn't mind having the qualifiers on Eurosport.

With them being so close to the event the BBC would probably have something to say about that as they own the rights..

Oh yeah, I get that.

Postby davisfan

The problem I think is that qualifiers, even for the World Championship, lack cachet. They're unglamorous, a pseudo-event before the event proper, with limited interest to a limited audience.

This could be changed by World Snooker, but I suspect only if they were convinced that it was worth their while in audience/revenue terms. Catch-22.

Postby armchair de critique

snooky147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Unfortunately, no one from the media really covers anything other than the last round. You'll only see the likes of Matt from Prosnookerblog covering the early rounds.

My point is though if the press officer from the WSA (and they do have one) cannot be bothered covering the cauldron that was these final round qualifiers The game will never get the recognition. you had comebacks and tension and all this should have been covered by the association.

absolutely <ok>

Press Officer is the clue. Bare minimum is that he personally should produce a summary of the days results / talking points / stories and the associated player comments.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Maybe when Ronnie ever has to qualify...

Postby snooky147

The article about Evans \ Doherty. Usually, they would write the report and then summarise the other matches that had finished in that period. There was not one single mention of ANY other match and there hasn't been since.

Postby Dan-cat

davisfan wrote:The problem I think is that qualifiers, even for the World Championship, lack cachet. They're unglamorous, a pseudo-event before the event proper, with limited interest to a limited audience.

This could be changed by World Snooker, but I suspect only if they were convinced that it was worth their while in audience/revenue terms. Catch-22.

Flat 128 draw then? :P

Postby davisfan

I've just looked at the WS site for the first time post-revamp. It does have news stories, under 'Social Hub'. I assume the idea is to encourage social media activity.

Postby snooky147

They are twitter feeds, Hardly news stories.

Postby Wildey

I Would sack them all and start from scratch useless bunch of hammers