Post a reply

Re: It's the final countdown!

Postby SnookerFan

39 Days to The Crucible.

75 Days to Eurovision.

:?

At least I got the World Grand Prix to keep me entertained next week.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150418T10&p0=1316&msg=The+World+Snooker+Championship

:D

Not long now. :D

Postby armchair de critique

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150418T10&p0=1316&msg=The+World+Snooker+Championship

:D

Not long now. :D

Snacks / beverages.....!!!????

SnookerFan wrote:
armchair de critique wrote:
Snacks / beverages.....!!!????

Not decided yet. I'll get back to you.

Likewise. I've spent most of today thinking about it, on and off. I'm thinking wine and beer, and crisps and chocolate. The beer likely to be Grolsch (as it is on offer at Costco).

I might treat myself to a very large carrot cake as well.

Decisions decisions...... :clap:

Postby SnookerFan

Likewise. I've spent most of today thinking about it, on and off. I'm thinking wine and beer, and crisps and chocolate. The beer likely to be Grolsch (as it is on offer at Costco).

I have some a four-pack of Coors Light in the fridge, that was on offer in Morrisons. Probably get some other booze in. Maybe some Pringles, maybe see what I feel.

SnookerFan wrote:

I have some a four-pack of Coors Light in the fridge, that was on offer in Morrisons. Probably get some other booze in. Maybe some Pringles, maybe see what I feel.

Yeah I have started stockpile time.

Thinking that time is of the essence so preparing something quick in the MSI will be nice.

To that effect I bought some pot noodles as they were on offer down the old Asda.

Also got some mansize packets of crisps......bacon bites, and some onion rings.

Loads of ice cream in the freezer.

Alcohol - largely this is gonna be a Grolsch world champs for me. However I am likely to grab some white wine this Friday.

Thanks for listening it means a lot.

:wave:

Postby SnookerFan

The Coors Light was on offer so I picked it up for not other reason than that. It will get consumed at some point, I'm sure.

It already sounds like a pretty manic Crucible fortnight. The weekend after I visit, I am dog-sitting round my parent's whilst they go somewhere or other. So will be watching the following weekend round theirs. I've been out all weekend this weekend, I'll be forgetting what my flat looks like. rofl

Anyway, point is, planning too much in advance will get tricky. So will probably get beer and snacks in as and when. I live opposite a Morrison's Local and 5 minute walk from a Tesco's Express, so not too difficult.

Postby Pink Ball

I hope the World Championship never changes. Its format is superb, and I like how the qualifiers have been pushed closer to the main event, it really allows for the excitement to build. Sadly, I do see the day when the matches are reduced in length, you only have to look at the current UK Championship setup to see what can go wrong. It's definitely Hearn's biggest failure.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:The Coors Light was on offer so I picked it up for not other reason than that. It will get consumed at some point, I'm sure.

It already sounds like a pretty manic Crucible fortnight. The weekend after I visit, I am dog-sitting round my parent's whilst they go somewhere or other. So will be watching the following weekend round theirs. I've been out all weekend this weekend, I'll be forgetting what my flat looks like. rofl

Anyway, point is, planning too much in advance will get tricky. So will probably get beer and snacks in as and when. I live opposite a Morrison's Local and 5 minute walk from a Tesco's Express, so not too difficult.

Dining out at the all the great places I see, Snookerfan! :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:I hope the World Championship never changes. Its format is superb, and I like how the qualifiers have been pushed closer to the main event, it really allows for the excitement to build. Sadly, I do see the day when the matches are reduced in length, you only have to look at the current UK Championship setup to see what can go wrong. It's definitely Hearn's biggest failure.

:bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

Still got a bastard cold. Had it for a week, and it's still there.

Damn thing better go, I leave for Sheffield Friday morning.