Post a reply

Six Red Maximum and Maximum Plus

Postby roy142857

Hassan Kerde of Australia had a Maximum 75 break at the Oceania Six Reds Championship in his group match with fellow New South Wales player Grant Meadley. Can't find any detail, but he's not heading the the high break list, that's headed by Charlie Chafe with 77 in what must've been a free ball situation, don't know in what match - anyone know?

I'd guess maximums in Six Reds should be more frequent than in regular snooker, but not that frequent as Six Reds is played less? Anyone know?

Re: Six Red Maximum and Maximum Plus

Postby PLtheRef

roy142857 wrote:Hassan Kerde of Australia had a Maximum 75 break at the Oceania Six Reds Championship in his group match with fellow New South Wales player Grant Meadley. Can't find any detail, but he's not heading the the high break list, that's headed by Charlie Chafe with 77 in what must've been a free ball situation, don't know in what match - anyone know?

I'd guess maximums in Six Reds should be more frequent than in regular snooker, but not that frequent as Six Reds is played less? Anyone know?

They are definitely more common but not as frequent as every few matches or so.

The 2014 Six Red World Championships had four maximum breaks in 151 matches whilst in the history of the event there's been 25 altogether in the seven years the tournament's been contested.

I refereed at the Six Red World Championships in Killarney a few years ago and the referees there were given a stopclock which they were to time the maximum break attempts with a prize going to the fastest. There were seven maximums and three other seven red clearances of 75 and above.

Postby PLtheRef

Ronnie79 wrote:The tournament has not been staged 7 times ?

That includes the Sangsom 6 red World Grand Prix which is the precursor to the World Championship, same format same number of players etc

Postby TheSaviour

Perhaps this format of snooker could become an Olympic Sport rofl
Just kidding, and already waiting for the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics. London 2012 were utterly great. I am really into these Summer Olympic - games, always watching the sports like badminton, tennis, table-tennis. And many other ones also. I do also miss the times pre (before) - London 2012. the weather was great and nothing seemed to be off limits. I reckon those were the days then....

Postby Lucky

Theres talk of sports like snooker, table tennis etc being included in the winter Olympics. Bit weird but I guess it kind of makes sense.