Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship Day 10 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield (17 April – 3 May 2010)

Monday 26 April

Results

Ali Carter 13-11 Joe Perry
Mark Williams 10-13 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Ding Junhui 10-13 Shaun Murphy
Mark Selby 13-5 Stephen Hendry

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 10 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Casey

Does anybody think Mark Williams has missed the boat? A 9-7 lead would have made such a difference, he seemed to have Ronnie on the racks last night.

I fully expect Ronnie to be at his very best today, Williams needs to find the form he produced in the SF’s of the Masters.

Postby Casey

I was one frame out yesterday, lets see how close I get today –

10am–

Hendry 9 – 7 Selby
Ding 10 – 6 Murphy

2.30 –

Williams 13 – 11 O’Sullivan
Carter 13 – 8 Perry

7.00–

Hendry 13 – 11 Selby
Ding 13 – 10 Murphy

Postby GJ

[quote="wildJONESEYE"]Carter with one foot in the Quarters.

quote]

similar to a certain gould expect a big performance from group leader today

:afro:

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:Does anybody think Mark Williams has missed the boat? A 9-7 lead would have made such a difference, he seemed to have Ronnie on the racks last night.

I fully expect Ronnie to be at his very best today, Williams needs to find the form he produced in the SF’s of the Masters.

In a Word NO.

9-7 if he thinks like that he has problems and i dont think he sees it like that.....its today that counts Ronnie would be up for it even more if he was Behind.

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wc wrote:Does anybody think Mark Williams has missed the boat? A 9-7 lead would have made such a difference, he seemed to have Ronnie on the racks last night.

morning case,

not sure about mark missing the boat he has ronnie playing catch up, imho the first 4 frames today may give an idication of the outcome.

the winner of this match is dead cert semi-finallist as selby/hendry will be no match

Postby Wildey

You see at this Level the same with Hendry where Experience comes in to it You seen it before and it will not really bother you.....if you don't expect someone of the talent or Brilliance of Ronnie or Selby to come back strong then you living in doolally land and Both Williams and Hendry knew it possible any time.

Postby Casey

rocket_ron wrote:

morning case,

not sure about mark missing the boat he has ronnie playing catch up, imho the first 4 frames today may give an idication of the outcome.

the winner of this match is dead cert semi-finallist as selby/hendry will be no match

Hi Rocket,
Yea I agree at this stage of the game neither player can afford to fall a few frames behind, its basically down to a best of 9 at this stage.

Wouldn’t say that the both of them are a cert to make the SF’s, Ronnie has never had the consistency in his career to guarantee him to beat anybody. Also if Selby won through and met Ronnie I would make Mark favourite because he has the measure of O’Sullivan.

Still all to play for lads

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:

morning case,

its never that simple Davis was no match for Higgins....it might be the year of the shocks like 1982 when Alex Higgins won it for the second time after 10 years.

Postby Rocket_ron

Bourne wrote:Group Leader was so poor last night, confidence looked shot at the end. Carter too consistent, he'll probably mop up each of the next three frames.

agreed,

perry looked unwell in his face like he had a head cold or bad headache, im routing for carter but i do hope perry wins a few

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Group Leader was so poor last night, confidence looked shot at the end. Carter too consistent, he'll probably mop up each of the next three frames.

todays a new day group leader was playing well saturday evening so he isnt out of this one

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:well i take it back about the winner being deadcert semi, the only reason i say this is selby hasn't struck top form yet, but another day another round is a different story, so i take it back

Selby has missed some corkers Hendry biggest corker was that 7th frame although he has missed balls selby has missed easier balls overall.

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

todays a new day group leader was playing well saturday evening so he isnt out of this one

First frame is crucial ;)

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

First frame is crucial ;)

agreed <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:well i take it back about the winner being deadcert semi, the only reason i say this is selby hasn't struck top form yet, but another day another round is a different story, so i take it back

Selby has missed some corkers Hendry biggest corker was that 7th frame although he has missed balls selby has missed easier balls overall.

yes about sums up what i mean, take ronnie and marks match its one visit stuff and not many bad misses.

Postby Wildey

ill tell you one thing when Hendry missed that Green in the 3rd Frame by completely screwed up cue Action i was more concerned than i was when he lost the frame from 75-0 up The cuing shot could have screwed up any confidence he had (thank god it didnt) i don't think the 7th frame will its just one of those things.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:ill tell you one thing when Hendry missed that Green in the 3rd Frame by completely intercoursed up cue Action i was more concerned than i was when he lost the frame from 75-0 up The cuing shot could have intercoursed up any confidence he had (thank god it didnt) i don't think the 7th frame will its just one of those things.

ive predicted selby but im routing for hendry

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:guys got go i do some work, will be back about 3, have a good time watching this mornings snooker hope your happy with how it goes.

bye for now :wave: :wave:

:wave: :wave: