Topic locked

Player Tour Championship Grand Finals Q Finals Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 24th ~ Saturday 28th of March at Montien Riverside Hotel, Bangkok

The Quarter finals and Mark Williams rich vein of form continues recording his 3rd win in a row over Mark Selby.

Also still there is World Grand Prix champion Judd Trump and he will be playing Martin Gould who he beat at the Semi Finals stage in Llandudno.

Who will make the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Martin Gould v Judd Trump Trump leads 8-4
Matthew Selt v Mark J Williams Never played before
-------------------------------------------------
Michael Holt v Joe Perry Perry leads 3-0
Mark Davis v Stuart Bingham Bingham leads 10-9

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Player Tour Championship Grand Finals Q Finals Discussio

Postby Andy Spark

What an inspiration to older players Mark Davis is. I bet years back the bloggers never saw this coming! For a time now I have felt that many bloggers have over-estimated the young players and under-estimated the older experienced ones, hence people like Dave Hendon tweeting "torch passed" during the 2012 Masters between O'Sullivan and Trump! <laugh> For the record, since that time O'Sullivan has won two World Championships, a Masters and a UK Championship, while Judd (whilst being a very good, exciting, promising player) hasn't won any triple crown events.

Postby Wildey

Mark Williams is the only non English player still in the championship.

if Selby had beaten Williams it would have been a all English Quarter final. cant remember if that ever happened before.

Postby Andy Spark

Wildey wrote:Mark Williams is the only non English player still in the championship.

if Selby had beaten Williams it would have been a all English Quarter final. cant remember if that ever happened before.

Good question Wildey, buck knows, we need the real snooker geeks to sort this one out! :-) :party:

Postby Cloud Strife

Andy Spark wrote:
Wildey wrote:Mark Williams is the only non English player still in the championship.

Good question Wildey, buck knows, we need the real snooker geeks to sort this one out! :-) :party:

Where's Skullman when you need him? :shrug:

Postby PoolBoy

That's a good trivia question!
Although not quarter-finals exactly, this seasons Championship League was heading for an all-English winners group until Dave Gilbert lost in the final of Group 7 to Xiao Guodong.
Also, back in October, the Bulgarian PTC had 13 Englishmen in the last 16.
Interestingly, the PTC that Ju Reti won last season had 7 Chinese players in the quarters (Michael Holt being the other)!
But a full-house of one nationality occupying all 8 quarter-final spots...? What we've got here may well equal the Chinese record - although I'm sure England will have had 7 before.

Referee

Postby Webtoes

The Lady refereeing the match, Perry v Holt, is Chinese.

Errors

Postby Webtoes

This 4th frame Perry v Holt has been a comedy of errors. That's if you can still laugh

Re: Errors

Postby SnookerFan

Webtoes wrote:This 4th frame Perry v Holt has been a comedy of errors. That's if you can still laugh

People were only just recovering from laughing at my Marley and Marley joke. :gag:

Patpong

Postby Webtoes

I think the players' hosts must have taken them out drinking last night