Post a reply

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Paddpotter

Muppet147 wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Bit disappointing. Still think ROS will win the world title next month.

He won't mate.Please don't waste money on that.

What makes you think I will be betting on it? You tard.

No need for hatred!! I never said you would did I? Take a chill pill

There is no hatred. I just think you are a tard.

I don't really care what some so called 'Muppet' thinks of me. O'Sullivan's frustration comes from knowing he he is not good enough anymore to win a world title. It's not his fault age triumphs over us all.

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Bit disappointing. Still think ROS will win the world title next month.

He won't mate.Please don't waste money on that.

Not all of us bet you know.

And the one you shouldnt be wasting money on is Selby.

Why does Selby get mentioned in all sorts of silly topics? <doh>

Postby Clara8633

Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie will win.

What makes you so certain? In my book Trump is the slight favourite, about 55-45.

Dump your life savings on Ronnie tommorow. You can thank me later. <ok>

Couldn't help but come back to this post rofl

Postby PLtheRef

FINAL TABLE

163 MCCHAZZ 20 - 7
154 WILDEY 24 - 4
153 GCJDAVID 21 - 7
152 ANDRE147 23 - 6
150 CLARA8633 21 - 5
127 KOLOMPAR 16 - 6
115 SUNDAYGIRL 15 - 6
114 CLOUD STRIFE 17 - 2
107 PLTHEREF 17 - 3
102 JMAL1 17 - 3
83 THECLEAVER 14 - 1
81 JDM375 11 - 1

Postby Muppet147

Paddpotter wrote:
I don't really care what some so called 'Muppet' thinks of me. O'Sullivan's frustration comes from knowing he he is not good enough anymore to win a world title. It's not his fault age triumphs over us all.

You are a turd and a tard.

Postby Paddpotter

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Well done Trump!

Ronnie never really looked good or comfortable this week with the exception of a couple of frames today.

Time for Ronnie to consult Dr Peters again and get back to the practice table!

To me Ronnie has crossed the line of age...never saw that in him until this week! I know he said he hasn't practised much but I don't buy that....maybe it's true and he was distracted from something in his personal life and will go into the World championship as sharp as ever.....but I don't feel it....I'll be as happy as anyone if he turns up at Sheffield and turns it on but...I doubt it

Postby Cloud Strife

Ronnie needs to take a step back and reassess his schedule, imo. He's at his best when he's fresh and motivated and that can only happen if he plays less.

All this playing in everything, especially marmite like the PTCs and Championship League, is doing him no favours at all. The time has come to go back to playing in only 6 events a year.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie needs to take a step back and reassess his schedule, imo. He's at his best when he's fresh and motivated and that can only happen if he plays less.

All this playing in everything, especially marmite like the PTCs and Championship League, is doing him no favours at all. The time has come to go back to playing in only 6 events a year.

He should do that next season maybe. Last year he played so well it was understandable that he competed in so many events to give himself more chances to win titles.

Postby Paddpotter

Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie needs to take a step back and reassess his schedule, imo. He's at his best when he's fresh and motivated and that can only happen if he plays less.

Nothing to do with his schedule I think this year he has had a nice one. You have to look at body language and for me he is screaming tbh. Even when he is winning frames and seemingly comfortable he looks on edge. That's not personal issues that's knowing his time has gone.

Postby TheRocket

I agree. He looks overplayed atm. Would be probably better if he didn't play in China to have 3 weeks off and be really fresh for the WC.

When it comes to next season, he'll probably play less tournaments.

Postby Paddpotter

TheRocket wrote:

I agree. He looks overplayed atm. Would be probably better if he didn't play in China to have 3 weeks off and be really fresh for the WC.

Overplayed?? Is that some kind of joke?

Postby Cloud Strife

Paddpotter wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Yes, play less. He's 40 years old, not 20. Snooker is a young man's game. Ronnie cannot be expected to maintain his high levels if he is constantly traveling to all corners of the globe.

Postby Andre147

Paddpotter wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

On most if not all other players on tour his shedulle would certainly not be muxh, but on Ronnie these days I feel the more he plays the less he performs. I do agree he shouldnt have entered China, we all know he wont do anything there.

He should save his powers for the Big One, but he should be allright, if hes motivated for it thats almost half the way regarding Ronnie.

Postby Paddpotter

Cloud Strife wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Yes, play less. He's 40 years old, not 20. Snooker is a young man's game. Ronnie cannot be expected to maintain his high levels if he is constantly traveling to all corners of the globe.

He never has though?

Postby TheRocket

No you troll. It it isn't.

Every player is different. Fast fluent players like Ronnie O'Sullivan, Judd Trump or Matthew Stevens as well (in the past) are not really used to be playing long scrappy matches all the time. And Ronnie had a lot of them this season.

And they just don't have the stamina of players like Selby, Ebdon or Higgins. Notice. That's a compliment to these three players.

Ronnie is a different type of player. You can call it weakness. And yes. It probably is. But it didn't hold him back from winning 5 World titles.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:He should save his powers for the Big One, but he should be allright, if hes motivated for it thats almost half the way regarding Ronnie.

He should think about pulling out. I know it's kind of a sausage move but I feel the time would be better spent in England training hard and consulting with Dr Peters.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I hope it doesn't stay this way. The second quarter is an absolute joke.

That 4th quarter doesn't look too bad from Ronnie's perspective.

It's pretty much perfect. However I don't want MJW to go out to Ronnie once again.

Would be funny (NOT) if MJW won his first Crucible match against Ronnie. MJW himself says Ronnie potencially cost him 2 or 3 World Titles, and who knows had he beaten him, esoecially in 2006, how far he could have gone.

Postby Cloud Strife

Paddpotter wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

He never has though?

Of course he has. This season alone he's travelled to Berlin, Chengdu and Barnsley.