Post a reply

Snooker tournaments with shot clock?

Postby Ander

The shot clock is often seen as a synonym of offensive, attractive play. I haven't seen any Shootout games this year, but it doesn't seem so from the scores. Which tournaments have used a shot clock?

Premier League
Power Snooker
Shootout
World Seniors Championship

Anything else?

Re: Snooker tournaments with shot clock?

Postby Andre147

That's about it, cant think of any other tournament.

Shot clock does give an advantage to quick players and quick thinkers, but even the slower players cope with it well.

It becomes difficult however when a difficult safety shot is required, as that means more thinking time.

I definately think there's room for a tournament like Shoot-Out in the calendar, it's a good event in my view, just a bit of fun and a golden chance for players lower down the rankings to have TV time and decent money.

I do hope though a shot clock is never introduced to a full ranking event, even Best of 7s or Best of 5s in a ranking event are better than shot clock.

Re: Snooker tournaments with shot clock?

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:That's about it, cant think of any other tournament.

Shot clock does give an advantage to quick players and quick thinkers, but even the slower players cope with it well.

It becomes difficult however when a difficult safety shot is required, as that means more thinking time.

I definately think there's room for a tournament like Shoot-Out in the calendar, it's a good event in my view, just a bit of fun and a golden chance for players lower down the rankings to have TV time and decent money.

I do hope though a shot clock is never introduced to a full ranking event, even Best of 7s or Best of 5s in a ranking event are better than shot clock.

Yes, having a shot clock in a ranking event would ruin it completely.