Post a reply

World Championship Qualifiers

Postby AC or LT?

So the Qualifiers will be at the Ponds Forge International Centre from the 8-15 April.

Given there using a full 128 draw for all non-top 16 players + the inviteds this could be seen as a bit of a touurnament in it it's own right, especially with the best of 19s. Does anybody know when we'll get the draw, order of play and whether any spectators will be allowed?

Re: World Championship Qualifiers

Postby Wildey

AC or LT? wrote:So the Qualifiers will be at the Ponds Forge International Centre from the 8-15 April.

Given there using a full 128 draw for all non-top 16 players + the inviteds this could be seen as a bit of a touurnament in it it's own right, especially with the best of 19s. Does anybody know when we'll get the draw, order of play and whether any spectators will be allowed?

the draw will be out on Monday 6th after the China open is completed and seedings will be known,

and yes just like last year there will be spectators allowed

Postby PoolBoy

Reanne Evans has confirmed that she's accepted an invitation to enter.
Three games from the Crucible! But, in reality, it'll be an a great effort if she can win her first to 10 frames game. However, it could happen if she gets a favourable draw. But, I couldn't see her getting past the 'middle' round against a seasoned professional...and certainly not the final 'play-off' round with a place in Sheffield up-for-grabs.
Probably a bit of a publicity stunt by World Snooker as there will be more 'deserving' amateurs who'll be over-looked.
Good luck to her, though.

Postby Wildey

I Think having been a 10 times World Champion in her Sport means she deserves this invite and there will be others appearing that you wouldn't expect.

Barry Hearn made no secret last year that there will be Open book wild card chooses that has nothing to do with performances in PTC or Q School.

Postby SnookerFan

AC or LT? wrote:Reanne won't make it.

I have a feeling that after all the hype, she'll probably not get to the final stages. It's not like this is the first time she's ever tried to qualify for anything either.

That's not what I want to happen, by the way. I'd love it if one of my first round tickets featured Reanne Evans playing.