Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:I will get worried oif Ronnie plays like he did here at Worlds, but I very much doubt he'll do that so yeah this defeat doesnt have much significance.

Ronnie seems to feel his WC record is the most important legacy at the moment, and rightly so, he will treat that as his highest priority. It was clear from day 1 that he didn't like the venue and he's never given the 128 draw any respect.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:underachiever against underachiever

fu will win this.

I'd say Stevens is way more of an underachiever, as in the early 2000s he was always reaching at least the Quarters/Semis of events but always ended up short.

Fu cant be classed as such because he's way more inconsistent.

But yes I think Fu will win this one, Matthew didnt play well at all to win against Ronnie too, he just caught a very off/desinterested Ronnie that day.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Thorne :zzz:

Says this 10 point lead is a big one rofl

I used to like him as a commentator, but over the past 2 or 3 years he's become very annoying with things that often dont make any sense whatsoever.

Even Griffiths nowadays isnt as good as he used to be, with some odd comments at times. thin cu**s rofl

Postby Andre147

151kbar151 wrote:Why no miss called on Steven's faul?

because after the foul his opponent could only tie, so no miss will be called there.

Postby Andre147

Vallomas wrote:1-1 for Stevens, but he is not playing well, just like he did again ROS.

he was lucky Ronnie was playing even worse than him. After that missed yellow Ronnies head was simply gone, and Matthew without playing well somehow managed to win that match.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Marco not really playing well either.

Yeah, this match is turning out to be a real blobfest at times.

Reminds me of the Fu v Murphy match at CoC this season, though that was worse.

Postby Andre147

Marco really upped his game when 2-1 down, two tons after that :hatoff:

He'll play MJW, an opponent according to a recent interview, it's the opponent he most likes playing.

I do fancy Marco to beat MJW, but I obviosuly want the only remaining welshman to win it.

Postby Andre147

Jester82 wrote:How could the Jester lose against the pretzel? :sad:

pretzel? :chin:

Selby probably played his best match of season standard wise, yet he lost it, Luca :-D

Postby Jester82

Andre147 wrote:

pretzel :chin:

Selby probably played his best match of season standard wise, yet he lost it, Luca :-D

>-(

pretzel which is making me thirsty...if Selby cues top level, he NEVER sucks. :no: Killer instinct!! :wave:

Postby 151kbar151

Pretzel :clap: <laugh> will use it from now.
Dunno, Eurosport streamed just about 10-15 minutes. But it's just another reason to discontinue with 7 frames format in tournaments like this.