Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 9 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

davis147 wrote:I had a secret myself, Stephen Hendry had a secret himself, it going to be between me and Hendry in the world final and I had finally pot that black ball drama to beat Hendry 18-17 (77-70) to win 7th world crown myself!

What ?? :huh: :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

davis147 wrote:I had a secret myself, Stephen Hendry had a secret himself, it going to be between me and Hendry in the world final and I had finally pot that black ball drama to beat Hendry 18-17 (77-70) to win 7th world crown myself!

My god. He's the real Steve Davis. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:Scores by the end of today will be -

Selby 4- 4 Hendry
Murphy 3 - 5 Ding
Ronnie 8- 8 Williams
Carter 9 -7 Perry

:)

i cant see the Ronnie v Williams match 8-8 i think 1 of the players will take the initiative...and id prefer Hendry to be 5-3 even 6-2 down after the first session to give him inspiration overnight.

Postby Casey

i cant see the Ronnie v Williams match 8-8 i think 1 of the players will take the initiative...and id prefer Hendry to be 5-3 even 6-2 down after the first session to give him inspiration overnight

Good luck with that, I certainly wouldn't think that would be a good thing....maybe I'm just crazy <laugh>

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:id prefer Hendry to be 5-3 even 6-2 down after the first session to give him inspiration overnight.

If he was 8-0 down you'd say it's going well and to plan :redneck:

yes like i did in robbo's the last 16 match in 08

<laugh> rofl

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:id prefer Hendry to be 5-3 even 6-2 down after the first session to give him inspiration overnight.

If he was 8-0 down you'd say it's going well and to plan :redneck:

yes like i did in robbo's the last 16 match in 08

<laugh> rofl

And inspired the great 606 article ;)

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:
i cant see the Ronnie v Williams match 8-8 i think 1 of the players will take the initiative...and id prefer Hendry to be 5-3 even 6-2 down after the first session to give him inspiration overnight

Good luck with that, I certainly wouldn't think that would be a good thing....maybe I'm just crazy <laugh>

rofl

i just think 4-4 can draw someone in thinking they only have to stay in touch obviously a 6-2 lead would be better but i never liked Hendry 4-4 at the interval he had a habit of being complacent.

Postby GJ

anyway i know this is for todays snooker but a word for gould

I dont think he choked badly he didnt go negative kept going for his shots yes he missed a few sitter the black in frame 17 and the yellow in frame 22 which he won

he played very well and will be back

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:anyway i know this is for todays snooker but a word for gould

I dont think he choked badly he didnt go negative kept going for his shots yes he missed a few sitter the black in frame 17 and the yellow in frame 22 which he won

It wasn't a choke, anyone saying so is just unrealistic as to the pressures of those situations. He was going for his shots all match and that's to be respected because it made for a great match which we didn't expect before it started ! :bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Selby 4- 4 Hendry
Murphy 3 - 5 Ding
Ronnie 8- 8 Williams
Carter 9 -7 Perry

i cant see the Ronnie v Williams match 8-8 i think 1 of the players will take the initiative...and id prefer Hendry to be 5-3 even 6-2 down after the first session to give him inspiration overnight.

I'd quite like Williams to take it to 8-8. I think this will make it interesting, and start frustrating Ronnie. Ronnie seemed to wobble a bit when Liang Wenbo came back at him. Considering Williams was behind yesterday, I think he can start putting pressure on Ronnie.

Postby Bourne

Allen was 7-9 down against Ronnie and a good start in session three put Ronnie under pressure and he started missing all sorts (even the best suffer under pressure) ... If Williams is in touch, 2 frames down at worst, after this afternoon's session then he's bang in the match because we know he can reel off a few frames in double quick time.

Postby Casey

Ronnie still looks like the one that could kick on. Although if mark thought he was going to play that bad in te first 4 frames i'm sure he would never have thought he would get 4-4.

Still all to play for now :)

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:anyway i know this is for todays snooker but a word for gould

It wasn't a choke, anyone saying so is just unrealistic as to the pressures of those situations. He was going for his shots all match and that's to be respected because it made for a great match which we didn't expect before it started ! :bowdown:

funny thing is i had a feeling before the match it would be really tough and when he was knocking everything in i was surprised but not shocked as he had showed real nerve in beating fu

but yesterday morning i felt quite confident robbo would win

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Selby 4- 4 Hendry
Murphy 3 - 5 Ding
Ronnie 8- 8 Williams
Carter 9 -7 Perry

I'd quite like Williams to take it to 8-8. I think this will make it interesting, and start frustrating Ronnie. Ronnie seemed to wobble a bit when Liang Wenbo came back at him. Considering Williams was behind yesterday, I think he can start putting pressure on Ronnie.

i think 9-7 Williams would be the perfect score for the final session id settle for 8-8 but the way Ronnie started Yesterday 4-1 up i was fearing 6-2 overnight so its brill this match is close hope Mark can keep it that way.

note to GJ this is a tournament thread not commenting on the matches of the day thread the only reason it is the day 9 thread is because it is Day 9 lol