Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:Andre , How are you .
Been a while .
Isee Ron was narrowly beaten by Matthew Stevens.

Players are getting used to Ronnies game and are matching him .

Just proves how good the standard is.

Well the standard certainly wasnt great today in Ronnie's match, Stevens too didnt play well.

Stevens wont win this tournament if he carries on with performances like that, he was just lucky Ronnie had an off day and in all honesty couldnt be much bothered with this tournament since it started.

Steve Peters should have been here <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Fu 2-1 down v amateur Carty.

No big surprises there, it has been the story of Fu's career, plays out of his skin against the very top players, but against those he should really beat he plays crap most of the times.

Postby Skullman

7pm

Alan McManus 4-0 Aditya Mehta
Luca Brecel 4-0 Oliver Brown
Liang Wenbo 0-4 John Higgins
Jamie Jones 2-4 Mark Williams

NB 8pm

Stephen Maguire 1-1 Sam Baird
Stuart Bingham 2-1 Michael White
Ashley Carty 2-1 Marco Fu
Michael Wasley 1-1 Judd Trump TV

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Both Ronnie and Trump seem to have gone off the boil after their purple patch in November/December.

maybe they both need to inspire each other and when one reaches the latter stages the other does the same.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Could Higgins make the final this week? A player with his quality is bound to have a good run once in a while even way past his heyday. Actually I think it's overdue.

It is, but he has showed no consistency whatsover to back that.

He too was playing great stuff at UK Champs and then got beat by McGill in last 16.

I'll tell you I wouldn't be surprised if he lost to Georgiou tomorrow.

But yes a good tournament is long overdue for him.
Last edited by Andre147 on 18 Feb 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Who wants Wasley to win this match by the way?

me :-D but Judd will win it somehow, even without playing his B or C game.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:

Me too :-)

Maybe a good run here could kickstart his career again. That performance against Ding was just phenomenal, I really hope it wasn't an one off.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Both Ronnie and Trump seem to have gone off the boil after their purple patch in November/December.

maybe they both need to inspire each other and when one reaches the latter stages the other does the same.

I think it shows that it's just impossible to dominate over long periods these days. These two looked so far ahead of everyone else in December and now they're struggling. Ding had an unbelievable season but now he's flatter than a pancake.

Postby Clara8633

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Me too :-)

Maybe a good run here could kickstart his career again. That performance against Ding was just phenomenal, I really hope it wasn't an one off.

No one wants Trump to lose as much as I do :-D

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2015/2/18/stevens-the-latest-to-end-an-osullivan-hoodoo

rofl

Good article, and I fully agree this doenst suddenly mean Ronnie's aura is gone just because he has lost in recent times against 3 players he has a very good record against. It was just a bad day in each of those, well in Murphy's match he played really well but couldnt convert that match ball in the decider.

And coincidence or not all of them had to win in deciders, so its not like Ronnie was hammered by any of them.

Ronnie will be back stronger, hopefully the Worlds he'll return to great form.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2015/2/18/stevens-the-latest-to-end-an-osullivan-hoodoo

rofl

Good article, and I fully agree this doenst suddenly mean Ronnie's aura is gone just because he has lost in recent times against 3 players he has a very good record against. It was just a bad day in each of those, well in Murphy's match he played really well but couldnt convert that match ball in the decider.

And coincidence or not all of them had to win in deciders, so its not like Ronnie was hammered by any of them.

What annoys me is that in the past Ronnie h8ters always discredited wins over these players, saying they gifted matches on a plate without Ronnie doing anything. But the truth is that as soon as Ronnie's standard drops like today or against Williams these players are well capable of beating him.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

rofl

What annoys me is that in the past Ronnie h8ters always discredited wins over these players, saying they gifted matches on a plate without Ronnie doing anything. But the truth is that as soon as Ronnie's standard drops like today or against Williams these players are well capable of beating him.

Couldn't agree more.

This changes nothing, Ronnie can in the future meet them 10 more times and win each of them again, his good record is still there, and only Murphy played well to beat Ronnie, MJW and Stevens played bad, Ronnie was just worst than them.

Postby Andre147

Decider again like in that PTC?

Trump looks edgy to me so Wasley will fancy his chances if he gets to a decider.

EDIT: As I write this, Wasley misses a straighforward one <doh>

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Mags serving for the match as masterdoctor would say.

Mags is currently set to play Ronnie at the last 16 of the Worlds. So I wouldn't mind seeing him string together some good results to climb up the rankings again.

Mags at Worlds would be easier than Murphy thats for sure.