Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Anyway, maybe Ronnie will do well at World Grand Prix, he does tend to do so in new events :roll:

I just hope he plays to a reasonable standard in that and China, it will serve as good preparation for World Champs.

He won the tournament whilst having a season off. He doesn't need preparation.

Postby Skullman

12pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan 3-4 Matthew Stevens
Mark Allen 3-4 Ben Woollaston
Matthew Selt 3-4 Allister Carter
Joe Perry 2-4 Gary Wilson

NB 2pm

Michael Georgiou 3-1 Graeme Dott
Martin Gould 0-1 Ricky Walden
Peter Ebdon 0-1 Mark Selby
Jamie Cope 0-0 Neil Robertson TV

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:All ranking events are important.

But the triple crown events overshadow all of them. The World Championship again overshadows the UK and Masters.

Agree.

Shoot-Out next for Ronnie <laugh> then WGP and China Open before the Big one.

Not having high hopes that he wins either of those rankers, just hope he plays to a reasonably decent standard and not like cant be bothered performance.

Postby Andy Spark

AC or LT? wrote:Georgiou 3-1 up on Dotty... that's what the future looks like Ronnie fans when you start declining.
Much the same as the present and past then. Ronnie was 0-2 down to 51 year old snooker commentator and relic from the past Mike Hallett before he won his last four majors. Ronnie has always been almost as likely to lose to a Georgiou as to a Ding Junhui. Ronnie is unique.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

But the triple crown events overshadow all of them. The World Championship again overshadows the UK and Masters.

Agree.

Shoot-Out next for Ronnie <laugh> then WGP and China Open before the Big one.

Not having high hopes that he wins either of those rankers, just hope he plays to a reasonably decent standard and not like cant be bothered performance.

I reckon he'll do well in Sheffield. He's still wanting Hendry's WC record.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andy Spark wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Georgiou 3-1 up on Dotty... that's what the future looks like Ronnie fans when you start declining.
Much the same as the present and past then. Ronnie was 0-2 down to 51 year old snooker commentator and relic from the past Mike Hallett before he won his last four majors. Ronnie has always been almost as likely to lose to a Georgiou as to a Ding Junhui. Ronnie is unique.

Georgiou is basically playing on the same level as Ding this season <laugh>

Postby Andre147

that missed yellow though....

Ronnie wanted to get on green so badly that he put too much side on it and completly forgot about the pot.

Anyway, that's history now, Murphy loss hurt more because Ronnie was playing some great stuff.

Today I just had a feeling deja vu would happen with Stevens, I said so even before the match started, so not that big a surprise.

Postby TheRocket

Man, you guys have a lot time. I wish I could watch every single match but had to work. <laugh>

Just saw the result and from the comments here it seems Ronnie produced the same standard today, he produced two days ago.

Well, just one point as this usual decline talk starts again. If you know Ronnie, you know that he has this type of tournaments , where's trolling and mentally in a poor state , at least once each season. The difference is that this time it's the Welsh , whereas the most time it's the China Open. You could see in his interview after his first match what this tournament meant to him this year. Well, basicially nothing.

Drawing conclusions from that doesn't make any sense at all. At the same time this shouldn't be understood as an excuse. He got beat fair and square. Stevens is not responsible for Ronnies attitude towards the tournament. However.

The WC. as usual will be the big tester for every player. And you can believe me. If he plays the same standard there, I'll be the first one who'll be saying that he could be in decline.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Man, you guys have a lot time. I wish I could watch every single match but had to work. <laugh>

Just saw the result and from the comments here it seems Ronnie produced the same standard today, he produced two days ago.

Well, just one point as this usual decline talk starts again. If you know Ronnie, you know that he has this type of tournaments , where's trolling and mentally in a poor state , at least once each season. The difference is that this time it's the Welsh , whereas the most time it's the China Open. You could see in his interview after his first match what this tournament meant to him this year. Well, basicially nothing.

Drawing conclusions from that doesn't make any sense at all. At the same time this shouldn't be understood as an excuse. He got beat fair and square. Stevens is not responsible for Ronnies attitude towards the tournament. However.

The WC. as usual will be the big tester for every player. And you can believe me. If he plays the same standard there, I'll be the first one who'll be saying that he could be in decline.

Your comments are always spot on sir, very well said mate :spot on:

Postby Muppet147

Andre147 wrote:that missed yellow though....

Ronnie wanted to get on green so badly that he put too much side on it and completly forgot about the pot.

Anyway, that's history now, Murphy loss hurt more because Ronnie was playing some great stuff.

Today I just had a feeling deja vu would happen with Stevens, I said so even before the match started, so not that big a surprise.

Yeah, Ronnie hasn't been playing well this week. So there was no guarantee he would have done well in the later stages here.

He's still one of the favourites for the world championship though, as he is the best in the long distance matches.

Postby Andy Spark

ANYTHING is missable when using side. No great surprise to see Ronnie miss the yellow. I expect Ronnie to go on and win the World Championship from here.

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:

ANYTHING is missable when using side. No great surprise to see Ronnie miss the yellow. I expect Ronnie to go on and win the World Championship from here.

he wont be the favourite in my view but in a way I'm happy he isnt.

Let Selby be the favourite and ALL the pressure on him <ok>

Postby Andy Spark

Andre147 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

he wont be the favourite in my view but in a way I'm happy he isnt.

Let Selby be the favourite and ALL the pressure on him <ok>

No, Ronnie will still be the favorite, by a mile. In fact I'd say he has even more chance than last year.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Man, you guys have a lot time. I wish I could watch every single match but had to work. <laugh>

I wish I also wouldn't have had the time <laugh>

It's all about the Worlds now. Everything else until then will be an unexpected bonus.

Postby Andy Spark

For the top players ranking events are not important now, only triple crown events are important.

Postby AC or LT?

Skullman wrote:No. It seems to be a problem with the table if anything, but they can't really change that.

Eurosport were saying it couldn't be as the balls they players called on drifted in opposite directions. Also there'd not be much point changing the balls if the table was at fault.

Maybe they were using Murphy specials and there actually rubbish? World Snooker did say they'd be trialling them at some ranking events this season, it'd certainly explain why so many players are performing below par as they'd have to adjust to balls that are different.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

We going to be discussing that instead of the pink now. rofl

And way before that it was the green (2010 Masters final)

then it will be the brown, a blue and finally the black like Davis and Hendry had at Worlds and Masters respectively <laugh>

Postby Skullman

AC or LT? wrote:
Skullman wrote:No. It seems to be a problem with the table if anything, but they can't really change that.

Eurosport were saying it couldn't be as the balls they players called on drifted in opposite directions. Also there'd not be much point changing the balls if the table was at fault.

Maybe they were using Murphy specials and there actually rubbish? World Snooker did say they'd be trialling them at some ranking events this season, it'd certainly explain why so many players are performing below par as they'd have to adjust to balls that are different.

Players were told when they were testing out the polish and I think someone would've mentioned.

Maybe they just didn't cue them properly and got a bit of side on?