Topic locked

BetVictor Welsh Open Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Skullman

Image Image Image
Monday16th of February ~ Sunday 22nd of February at the Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

A largely straightforward first two rounds see the majority of the top seeds through to the much less hectic four table set up. However, some shocks have inevitably happened, with Ding Junhui's poor season continuing with a first round loss to experienced pro Lee Walker and Masters champion and recent German Masters runner up Shaun Murphy juts losing out to one of the home favourites, Jamie Jones.

Still, defending champion Ronnie O'Sullivan, World Champion Mark Selby and others such as Judd Trump and Neil Robertson are still in it, as well as a number of Welsh players looking to add the first Welsh name to the trophy since 1999.

Who will make it to the last 16?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Skullman

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Matthew Stevens Ronnie leads 14-4
Ashley Carty v Marco Fu No matches
Jamie Jones v Mark Williams Williams leads 1-0
Michael Wasley v Judd Trump Wasley leads 1-0
Mark Allen v Ben Woollaston Allen leads 3-0
Matthew Selt v Allister Carter No matches
Joe Perry v Gary Wilson No matches
Jamie Cope v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 10-0
--------------------------------------
Michael Georgiou v Graeme Dott Georgiou leads 1-0
Liang Wenbo v John Higgins Higgins leads 5-0
Stephen Maguire v Sam Baird Maguire leads 1-0
Alan McManus v Aditya Mehta 2-2
Stuart Bingham v Michael White Bingo leads 2-1
Martin Gould v Ricky Walden Walden leads 10-5
Luca Brecel v Oliver Brown Brecel leads 1-0
Peter Ebdon v Mark Selby Ebdon leads 6-5

Apologies for the two posts, seems to be trouble with the colour and url tags in full editor mode.

Postby AC or LT?

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Matthew Stevens Ronnie leads 14-4
Jamie Jones v Mark Williams Williams leads 1-0
Michael Wasley v Judd Trump Wasley leads 1-0
Jamie Cope v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 10-0
--------------------------------------
Liang Wenbo v John Higgins Higgins leads 5-0
Stuart Bingham v Michael White Bingo leads 2-1
Martin Gould v Ricky Walden Walden leads 10-5
Luca Brecel v Oliver Brown Brecel leads 1-0 or
Peter Ebdon v Mark Selby Ebdon leads 6-5

Bit of a shame all tv matches are from the top half the draw. Suppose the conveyor belt schedule lends itself to that rash decision making. I've highlighted the four bottom half matches that should be on telly as well, easily done if they'd started on Sunday.

Postby SnookerFan

Maybe, if the Motorpoint isn't quite as bad as it's being made out, I'll go to the first few rounds next year. See what matches I want to see.

Last time I did that though, felt like a lot of travel for a load of best of sevens.

Postby Dan-cat

Mornin'. A veritable feast of snooker awaits the next couple of days. Yay.

Trump is up to 60 centuries, which actually does put him in striking distance of the ton. How many tourneys left? 5? It would be fun if he did it straight after Robbo... http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... -128-to-32

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Mornin'. A veritable feast of snooker awaits the next couple of days. Yay.

Trump is up to 60 centuries, which actually does put him in striking distance of the ton. How many tourneys left? 5? It would be fun if he did it straight after Robbo... http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... -128-to-32

Morning all.

Doubt Judd can reach 100 tons, having not played in like 5 CL Groups like Robbo did last season, he only has 5 more tournaments to go, I think he'll finish this season on 80+ centuries if he continues to score well, possibly he reach can 90 but the 100 is too far away now.
Last edited by Andre147 on 18 Feb 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SavoMilosevic

I was checking Matthew Stevens' career stats today and I noticed that he has played 11 times in the Masters, lost in the first round 10 times and won the tournament once. He's never been past the QF in the Welsh Open, so maybe it's time for him to win the tournament. :-D

Postby Andre147

SavoMilosevic wrote:I was checking Matthew Stevens' career stats today and I noticed that he has played 11 times in the Masters, lost in the first round 10 times and won the tournament once. He's never been past the QF in the Welsh Open, so maybe it's time for him to win the tournament. :-D

patterns :zzz: hopefully Ronnie beats him, but if Ronnie doesnt start well I agree that Matthew is well capable of causing an upset, but Ronnie will up his game now, the first day was just a practice session for him and he clearly wasn't up for it with too many distractions around. None of that now.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SavoMilosevic wrote:I was checking Matthew Stevens' career stats today and I noticed that he has played 11 times in the Masters, lost in the first round 10 times and won the tournament once. He's never been past the QF in the Welsh Open, so maybe it's time for him to win the tournament. :-D

Stevens winning the Welsh Open this week is just as likely as Ding saying he's enjoying his season so far.

Postby Andre147

gcjdavid wrote:So hopefully the session will start at 12 pm GMT?

Anyway, I'll stay up to 4 pm GMT as it is a Chinese tradition to stay up till midnight on Chinese New Year's Eve.

Enjoy it then mate <ok>

Postby AC or LT?

Dan-cat wrote:Mornin'. A veritable feast of snooker awaits the next couple of days. Yay.

Not unless he gets to 2/3 finals.

Postby Skullman

ROS is up first at 12GMT. At least he's meant to be. Nothing on live scores, bet365 or BBC snooker site yet. Hope they're not delaying the session until 1...

Postby gcjdavid

AC or LT? wrote:
gcjdavid wrote:So hopefully the session will start at 12 pm GMT?

Anyway, I'll stay up to 4 pm GMT as it is a Chinese tradition to stay up till midnight on Chinese New Year's Eve.

Go to bed earlier then you can be up in time for the evening sessions!

During the China Open, you can wake up at 3 am to watch the morning sessions.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:ROS is up first at 12GMT. At least he's meant to be. Nothing on live scores, bet365 or BBC snooker site yet. Hope they're not delaying the session until 1...

Since the Beeb only start at 1pm I wouldnt be surprised if they did that.