Post a reply

Re: Stephen Lee now a coach for Wiraka Academy

Postby vodkadiet

Good luck to him.

He was a silly boy, and I am sure he regrets it. However, there are bankers in The City Of London he have swindled millions, been bailed out by the tax payer, and haven't been prosecuted.

I am sure he would much rather be on the tour, and coaching is a massive climb down for him.

Postby The Cueist

vodkadiet wrote:As long as he doesn't coach anyone on how to place bets then he should be okay.

You know that , We know that , Let's hope he uses this opportunity positively .

Always liked Stephen Lee and he had a great game
When on song .

Shame he went the wrong way , That said , I am glad
He is using his snoker skill and talents to pass onto others and earning a living .

As you say there are dodgy bankers aplenty who are borderline criminals laughing all tbe way to their bank
Accounts we have shored up and subsidised continually.

But thats another story.

Back on topic , Well done Stephen Lee .

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:So you guys are fine with a parakeet whose shown no remorse being placed in a position of authority to coach potential future players in our game? He's guilty of fraud.

Him being of fraud doesn't mean he doesn't have good coaching advices and skills for young players to improve their technique. Besides, Lee had one of the best ever cue actions the game has ever seen, it's not a coincidence it was refered to as a "Rolls Royce Cue Action".

He may have been a parakeet, but he's entitled to coach young player to improve their technique, etc. And no one will be forcing them do have Lee as their coach, if they choose him, it's their own decision.

Postby vodkadiet

The Cueist wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:As long as he doesn't coach anyone on how to place bets then he should be okay.

You know that , We know that , Let's hope he uses this opportunity positively .

Always liked Stephen Lee and he had a great game
When on song .

Shame he went the wrong way , That said , I am glad
He is using his snoker skill and talents to pass onto others and earning a living .

As you say there are dodgy bankers aplenty who are borderline criminals laughing all tbe way to their bank
Accounts we have shored up and subsidised continually.

But thats another story.

Back on topic , Well done Stephen Lee .

I agree. Betting is full of corruption, and Lee has been punished enough now. Give the guy a break I say.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:So you guys are fine with a parakeet whose shown no remorse being placed in a position of authority to coach potential future players in our game? He's guilty of fraud.

Him being of fraud doesn't mean he doesn't have good coaching advices and skills for young players to improve their technique. Besides, Lee had one of the best ever cue actions the game has ever seen, it's not a coincidence it was refered to as a "Rolls Royce Cue Action".

He may have been a parakeet, but he's entitled to coach young player to improve their technique, etc. And no one will be forcing them do have Lee as their coach, if they choose him, it's their own decision.

Well said Andre.

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 wrote:

So if a shop assistant walks into their shop on duty and walks out with a couple of televisions without paying he should be let off because he was a really efficient employee? That's what were talking about here, stealing from World Snooker who were his employer and from his opponent. He's lucky he only got a ban and a fine not something more severe like anyone in any other line of work would have got for the equivalent actions!!

Postby Wildey

armchair de critique wrote:Should not be allowed to work within the industry of sport, full stop.

The misdemeanor he was found guilty of was so serious he should not be allowed back in any capacity.

A bad egg.

yea its ridiculous that hes coaching others what message does that give to youngsters?

Postby gallantrabbit

Hope he comes off the benefits he´s claiming in England...
You can start to forgive someone when he shows some remorse. This fella, however, blames all but himself. Never grew up and thought he was a big shot. If he´s grafting, he´s grafting, I wouldn´t run him out of town. Would have him working in my club though...(if I had one...)