Post a reply

China Open Qualifiers

Postby whitespider

The China/Indian Open Qualifiers are in Barnsley this year.

Having never been to the Barnsley Metrodome - does anyone know whether spectators will be allowed access?

Also when does the draw usually come out?

Re: China Open Qualifiers

Postby Wildey

whitespider wrote:The China/Indian Open Qualifiers are in Barnsley this year.

Having never been to the Barnsley Metrodome - does anyone know whether spectators will be allowed access?

Also when does the draw usually come out?

yup spectators are allowed access and the draws will be out after the German Masters around the 9th or 10th of February.

Postby whitespider

Looks alright from a spectator point of view. Quite like the multi table viewing setup and plonking yourself down at whatever games take your fancy.

Postby vodkadiet

O'Sullivan is playing Brecel. That will get the crowds in!

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan is playing Brecel. That will get the crowds in!

Ronnie gets the crowds in whoever he plays.

But I agree that one is a bit special. Always liked Luca from a very early age, I was priviligied enough to watch him when he was very young back in 2009 World Series Final in Portugal and ever since I've followed his career very closely. He hasn't quite fullfilled his truly amazing potencial yet, I though he would after his heroics in 2012 but he went a step backwards.

If he somehow beats Ronnie here, I'll be very happy for him, but I doubt he will.

Postby Andre147

But wait a minute Vokda..

how on earth do you know that already? Has the draw been released yet? On WS website it doesn't have it :chin:

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

But wait a minute Vokda..

how on earth do you know that already? Has the draw been released yet? On WS website it doesn't have it :chin:

http://ls.worldsnookerdata.com/Matches.aspx?t=13807

Sheers mate, I know that website already but forgot to check it <laugh>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:

Ronnie gets the crowds in whoever he plays.

But I agree that one is a bit special. Always liked Luca from a very early age, I was priviligied enough to watch him when he was very young back in 2009 World Series Final in Portugal and ever since I've followed his career very closely. He hasn't quite fullfilled his truly amazing potencial yet, I though he would after his heroics in 2012 but he went a step backwards.

If he somehow beats Ronnie here, I'll be very happy for him, but I doubt he will.

Ronnie would have to play dreadful to lose this one.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Just as I expected Ronnie is playing in the CO.

against Luca SO, one of my favourite players as well. Could be a good game that one, if Luca beat Ronnie I would be so so happy for him.

Postby Andre147

If Ronnie plays on Sunday though he'll have to be straight away in Wales again the following day cause his first match at Welsh Open is on Monday at 12 p.m.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:Higgins has a tough draw in Lines.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he went out first round against Lines.

Postby Andre147

Anyone know if it's one or two rounds played at qualifiers? Is it 64 or only 32 players at venue?

Postby JDM375

Andre147 wrote:Anyone know if it's one or two rounds played at qualifiers? Is it 64 or only 32 players at venue?

One round, 64 at venue

Postby shankly

Andre147 wrote:If Ronnie plays on Sunday though he'll have to be straight away in Wales again the following day cause his first match at Welsh Open is on Monday at 12 p.m.

He's playing Saturday. Perry has a 24hr turnaround between his two matches; I think this is the shortest. Most I think have the day off in between.

Postby Roland

I'm gonna try and get down there for some of it at the weekend.

Postby Andre147

Roland wrote:I'm gonna try and get down there for some of it at the weekend.

I envy you, would love to be there, think the tickets are free or at least very low price aren't they? It's non-stop Snooker now, with all this qualifiers, then the Welsh, Gdynia Open, W Grand Prix, Grand Finals and China Open.

Only after China do the players get 2 weeks off to prepare for Worlds. of course not all of them will play in eveything.

Postby Wildey

AC or LT? wrote:Are these and the Indian qualifiers being streamed on WS TV on livesport? I was under the impression they were being but the little fixtures thing only has the CL on?

yes they are streamed