Topic locked

Kreativ Dental Clinic German Masters Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 4th - Sunday 8th of February at the Tempodrom, Berlin in Germany

The German Masters is going from strength to Strength and fast establishing itself as a mainstay of the Main tour with great crowds and fantastic atmosphere of the Tempodrom a key factor.

In its 5th year having been won previously by Mark Williams, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ali Carter and Ding Junhui.

Ali Carter is the only previous winner not in the event having lost in Wigan to Sam Baird just before Christmas 2014, also missing from the draw in Berlin is International Championship winner Ricky Walden But there is plenty of quality on show in the form of Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui, Shaun Murphy, Neil Robertson, Judd Trump, Stuart Bingham, Stephen Maguire, John Higgins, Barry Hawkins and Champion of the World Mark Selby.

Who will reach the last 16?

DRAW

Last 32

Ding Junhui v Ryan Day Ding Junhui leads 9-4
Michael Georgiou v Alfie Burden Never played before
Li Hang v Liang Wenbo Liang Wenbo leads 2-0
Matthew Selt v Stuart Bingham Bingham leads 6-2
Mark Allen v Mark J Williams Allen leads 10-5
Michael Wasley v Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 1-0
Joe Perry v Jimmy Robertson 2-2
Mark Davis v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 3-1
-------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Robertson v Fergal O'Brien Robertson leads 3-2
Xiao Guodong v Liam Highfield Xiao Guodong leads 3-1
Stephen Maguire v David Gilbert Maguire leads 2-1
Mark King v Barry Hawkins Hawkins leads 5-3
Judd Trump v Michael Holt 3-3
Martin Gould v Ashley Carty Gould leads 1-0
John Higgins v Peter Ebdon Ebdon leads 14-12
Anthony McGill v Mark Selby Selby leads 1-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Kreativ Dental German Masters Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Cannonball

Strange odds for the title from oddschecker with ROS favourite at 9/4, Robbo at 5/1, Trump at 8/1, Ding/Selby at 9/1 and Smurf at 12/1. The Smurf odds look generous, as if the Masters win didn't happen. The ROS odds are rank.

Can Smurf win another title and prove the Masters wasn't a one-off?

Will Robbo, Ronnie, Ding and Trump etc continue to decline after a bad Masters and retire at the end of the year as the chimps suggest? Are these players DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED?! rofl

The best kebabs are in a Turkish shop near the Brandenburg gate. :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:Strange odds for the title from oddschecker with ROS favourite at 9/4, Robbo at 5/1, Trump at 8/1, Ding/Selby at 9/1 and Smurf at 12/1. The Smurf odds look generous, as if the Masters win didn't happen. The ROS odds are rank.

Can Smurf win another title and prove the Masters wasn't a one-off?

Will Robbo, Ronnie, Ding and Trump etc continue to decline after a bad Masters and retire at the end of the year as the chimps suggest? Are these players DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED?! rofl

The best kebabs are in a Turkish shop near the Brandenburg gate. :chuckle:

Does that need proving? He's been a World Champion and a UK Champion.

Postby Cannonball

SF, you're obviously not aware of his title record! A-duh. In which years has he won back-to-back titles? He won the Worlds a decade ago and it's been more than a while since he won the uk! So yes, he does have to prove consistency across tournaments because his record is a bit spotty at the moment, the occasional success, without being a top 4 player who regularly makes finals. Smurf has admitted not capitalising on his early successes and this is his aim, hence my question!

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:SF, you're obviously not aware of his title record! A-duh. In which years has he won back-to-back titles? He won the Worlds a decade ago and it's been more than a while since he won the uk! So yes, he does have to prove consistency across tournaments because his record is a bit spotty at the moment, the occasional success, without being a top 4 player who regularly makes finals. Smurf has admitted not capitalising on his early successes and this is his aim, hence my question!

You didn't say he needed to prove consistency across tournaments, you said he needed to prove his victory wasn't a one-off. It's not the same thing.

Postby Andre147

I would love to go to this event and watch it at this amazing venue that very much resembles the old Conference Center.

It's right up there as one of the best venues in Snooker, this, the Conference Center, Crucible, the Goffs venue and the Preston Guild Hall are/were for me the best venues.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:I would love to go to this event and watch it at this amazing venue that very much resembles the old Conference Center.

It's right up there as one of the best venues in Snooker, this, the Conference Center, Crucible, the Goffs venue and the Preston Guild Hall are/were for me the best venues.

Don't forget the Barbican.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I would love to go to this event and watch it at this amazing venue that very much resembles the old Conference Center.

Don't forget the Barbican.

Or the Telford International Centre. rofl

Re: Kreativ Dental Clinic German Masters Last 32 Discussion

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 4th of February

2pm

Martin Gould v Ashley Carty
John Higgins v Peter Ebdon
Anthony McGill v Mark Selby

7pm

Neil Robertson v Fergal O'Brien
Xiao Guodong v Liam Highfield
Stephen Maguire v David Gilbert
Mark King v Barry Hawkins
Judd Trump v Michael Holt

Remember only 1 TV Table so who will be Televised

Higgins v Ebdon should be favorite in the afternoon but the World Champion is in Action? and in the evening its a toss up between Robertson v O'Brien or Trump v Holt.

Postby Wildey

TV Coverage

Wednesday Feb 4th

1.45pm-5pm ES2
6.45pm-11.30pm ES2

Thursday Feb 5th

9am-1.15pm ES2
9am-1.15pm ES2
6.45pm-11.15pm ES2

Friday Feb 6th

10.45am-5.45pm ES2
6.45pm-11.30pm ES2

Saturday Feb 7th

10.15am-3pm ES2
6.45pm-11.30pm ES2

Sunday Feb 8th

12pm-4pm ES2
6pm-10pm ES2

Postby whitespider

Personally hoping it's McGill vs Selby that they will show first up. Much rather see an up and coming player take on the World champion. TV for me has to show these players (as in up and coming ones) as much as possible in early round in tournaments.

On another note - Ebdon's got quite a good record against Higgins hasn't he! Surprised me that.

Postby elonmerkki

Mark Selby apparently won a Chinese 8-ball billiards championship on Sunday (link). Lots of traveling to get back to play snooker in Germany (maybe via UK in the middle), but then again 96000$ more in the bank account takes at least some pressure off. If that has been his problem for lousy results lately...