Post a reply

Snooker Kick Study

Postby Ryan-

As an avid snooker fan and university student I thought i would take advantage and attempt to publish the first scientific journal article/study on snooker kicks and playing mentality. However I am finding it very difficult to find information and participants to interview. If anyone would love to throw around some ideas on the topics of factors behind kicks and how it affects the playing mentality on this thread that would be great. Or even better give me 20mins of their time for an interview. I'd appreciate any help.

Re: Snooker Kick Study

Postby Dan-cat

Hello Ryan,

Shaun Murphy did a study of his own and it was on his website but for some reason he's removed it.

There's follow up article here about the polish being used: http://www.shaunmurphy.net/news/kicks-c ... -greetings

It may be worth following Shaun on Twitter and getting hold of him that way, or there's a contact form on his website.

Good luck with your study, post it here when complete :)

Postby Ryan-

Thanks for the help guys this information will be good for my introduction to kicks :) 6 participants left to get, will post it when possible.

Postby Andre147

The first link I posted is working now, you should definately have a look at it as it's the best explanation I found regarding kicks.

Postby Ryan-

That top link is really clear and concise, should be able to get some good use out of that

Postby Andre147

Yes like Dan_Cat said, when you have it finished it would be very nice if you could post it here online or in another place where we can read it.

Best of luck with your study mate, funnily enough when I was at Uni I too once thought doing a piece about this but in the end I did it about something else.