Post a reply

The Snooker Tardis

Postby Cannonball

You've got a snooker Tardis but you've only got enough fuel to go back and return once. Which match would you visit and why?

Re: The Snooker Tardis

Postby SnookerFan

I'd revisit the 2006 Masters final. Last match at the Wembley Conference Centre, and one of my favourite matches of all time.

Postby Andre147

Tough one to choose, but I think I would pick the 1982 Worlds semi between Alex and Jimmy, I've watched the match on Youtube of course but if I could I would love to have watched that match live just to see how things were really different back then, watching it live would be the best possible way and also of course because it's one of the best matches of all time.

Postby Holden Chinaski

1972 world final.
Would be fantastic to see a young Alex Higgins on fire. People always say how great Alex played in that final, but there's no footage...

Postby Cloud Strife

Marcus Campbell 9-0 Stephen Hendry

This match wasn't televised so I would loved to have seen it live as it unfolded.

Postby Andy Spark

I'm going forward in MY snooker tardis to watch the first 3D Snooker Box Championship match in 2067. The snooker box is cuboid and has 12 pockets. :D

Postby Skullman

I might go just go to 2020 and find out all the winners of all the events between now and then. When I come back, the bookies better watch out! <cool>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:I might go just go to 2020 and find out all the winners of all the events between now and then. When I come back, the bookies better watch out! <cool>

Back To The Future.

Postby SnookerFan

Though, I guess if we had a TARDIS, popping back to the Fred or Joe Davis era might be interesting. But I've already had a go, so am just throwing it out there.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:The 1997 Masters final, have a look at the streaker. <laugh>

2008 Worlds Final also had one, dont know if it was the same lady involved because Ronnie was contesting that match aswell. She must have a crush on him :love: Maybe we'll see her again... :-D

Postby Cannonball

Cloud Strife wrote:Marcus Campbell 9-0 Stephen Hendry

This match wasn't televised so I would loved to have seen it live as it unfolded.

Bloody hell, I'd forgotten that scoreline. Vintage Hendry. rofl

For me, I'd love to go back and see Ronnie hit THAT 147 against Price at the Crucible. Ronnie in full flow, one of best things in snooker.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The 1997 Masters final, have a look at the streaker. <laugh>

2008 Worlds Final also had one, dont know if it was the same lady involved because Ronnie was contesting that match aswell. She must have a crush on him :love: Maybe we'll see her again... :-D

The 2008 streaker a male.

I was there, and if that was a woman, it was a buck ugly one.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The 1997 Masters final, have a look at the streaker.

The 2008 streaker a male.

I was there, and if that was a woman, it was a buck ugly one.

LOL how didnt I remember that? rofl rofl rofl rofl <doh> <doh> <doh>

What was I thinking? Maybe I wanted it to be female, but yes it was a man.

But hopefully we'll have a female again, that would be lovely :-D

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:1972 world final.
Would be fantastic to see a young Alex Higgins on fire. People always say how great Alex played in that final, but there's no footage...

Great Shout

Would have loved to have seen Alex play at his ultimate Best.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Marcus Campbell 9-0 Stephen Hendry

you don't need to be there to know how rubbish Hendry was lol

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
LOL how didnt I remember that? rofl rofl rofl rofl <doh> <doh> <doh>

What was I thinking? Maybe I wanted it to be female, but yes it was a man.

But hopefully we'll have a female again, that would be lovely :-D

I turned my phone on after the match, and I got a dozen texts going; "Was that you?" rofl

Postby SnookerFan

AC or LT? wrote:Robertson has comoleteky fell to pieces.

With a Snooker Tardis, would you go back to school and learn to spell?

Postby gcjdavid

Prefer to watch it at the venue. Nowadays, what isn't on Youtube?

If not televised, maybe the Hendo-Campbell match.

EDIT: Ding 9-5 Hendo 2005 China Open
Ronnie 10-5 Hendo 1993 UK Champ
Ken Doherty 18-12 Hendo 1997 WSC