Topic locked

Re: Dafabet Masters S Finals :Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Rober

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Yeah, we're spoiled atm SO ;) but Ronnie's responsible for that with all of his current success.
But I mean, it's him who's saying that he isn't playing as good as he does 18 months ago and he's right in my eyes. I remember the WC 2013, especially the matches against Bingham and Hawkins.

It was a different class, I'm sure, you remember it as well. As long as he's winning tournaments, we all can't complain yes but to win the WC I think, he needs to go back to that 2013 mode.

The thing thats most missing from his game atm is his positional play, in 2013 WC it was awesome to say the least.

If Ronnie cant control the cue ball well he wont hit big breaks and win frames in one visit. he needs to sort that out ahead of the WC but he can do it obviously.

And Selby fans sory to break it to you but Selby is 100% certain he wont retain his title after being 1st time champ.. The crucible curse gets to all of them, even the greats. Hell, he may even reach the Final like Ken and johnson did, but he wont retain it so Selby is out of the equation for me at the Worlds.
Last edited by Andre147 on 17 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Selby also not in his half but currently he doesn't pose a threat. :-)

People have said that before.

He plays his best being the underdog thats for sure. But we all know he wont win the Worlds so he better win other titles before then :wave:

Postby mantorok

TheRocket wrote:Yeah, we're spoiled atm SO ;) but Ronnie's responsible for that with all of his current success.
But I mean, it's him who's saying that he isn't playing as good as he does 18 months ago and he's right in my eyes. I remember the WC 2013, especially the matches against Bingham and Hawkins.

It was a different class, I'm sure, you remember it as well. As long as he's winning tournaments, we all can't complain yes but to win the WC I think, he needs to go back to that 2013 mode.

Which is why I think the pressure is getting to him. He has had so much success that he's going in expected to win every time. Unlike before when everyone thought he would lay down and retire.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Selby also not in his half but currently he doesn't pose a threat. :-)

People have said that before.

Well, I don't really think, they were serious. If they really were, they obviously don't know much about Snooker.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Agreed. He's not on that level currently. Ronnie thinks playing more will improve his game. Let's see what happens in the next couple of tournaments.

Anyway, just imagine what would have be going on here had Ronnie lost the UK final in the decider and now lost to Robbo like this rofl The use of the words "over", "finished" and "retire" would go through the roof right now.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Agreed. He's not on that level currently. Ronnie thinks playing more will improve his game. Let's see what happens in the next couple of tournaments.

Anyway, just imagine what would have be going on here had Ronnie lost the UK final in the decider and now lost to Robbo like this rofl The use of the words "over", "finished" and "retire" would go through the roof right now.

Was thinking the same when Ronnie was 5-1 down <laugh> It would have been heartbreaking losing the UK Final, but would not mean he was finished. I also remember many saying it was a change of the guard after Ronnie lost to Judd at 2012 Masters and right after that his rise from the ashes started :D

Postby TheRocket

The most annoying thing today is that this was probably his last chance to win the triple crown in the same season. However, it's still bearable as I said beforehand. He still reached the Masters Semi and just lost against a top guy today.

I can assume that Ronnie will still play in a lot tournaments before the WC. Don't know if he's playing in the China Open but he'll surely have enough match pratice going into the WC.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:The most annoying thing today is that this was probably his last chance to win the triple crown in the same season. However, it's still bearable as I said beforehand. He still reached the Masters Semi and just lost against a top guy today.

I can assume that Ronnie will still play in a lot tournaments before the WC. Don't know if he's playing in the China Open but he'll surely have enough match pratice going into the WC.

Yes i too think maybe this was his last chance of Triple Crown but I dont care much.

He did defend his WC after taking a year out, and for me thats his most incredible achievment, also winning 2009 Masters with a new cue is right up there aswell.

He will play a lot no doubt, I kinda of want him not to enter the China Open as I think entering it wont do him any favours.

Postby Clara8633

I've just seen the score :shock:

Glad to see Robbo in the final, can't believe he beat ROS 6-1! Didn't some people (*cough* Cannonball and Cloudstrife) say that being a vegan has affected Robbo's game?

Now a Robertson v Murphy final would be nice :)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Clara8633 wrote:I've just seen the score :shock:

Glad to see Robbo in the final, can't believe he beat ROS 6-1! Didn't some people (*cough* Cannonball and Cloudstrife) say that being a vegan has affected Robbo's game?

Now a Robertson v Murphy final would be nice :)

It's all happening here this week. Ronnie losing heavily, Selby losing a decider. Snooker is just unpredictable.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:congratz to neil and his fans. he played the better snooker and deserved to win.

wasnt meant to be for ronnie. cant win them all. nevertheless i am proud what he has achieved. nothing left to prove. living legend.

And he'll win more so nothing to be sory about <ok> He'll bounce back from this, maybe even his next ranker, he usually does when he has a heavy defeat.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:congratz to neil and his fans. he played the better snooker and deserved to win.

wasnt meant to be for ronnie. cant win them all. nevertheless i am proud what he has achieved. nothing left to prove. living legend.

And he'll win more so nothing to be sory about <ok> He'll bounce back from this, maybe even his next ranker, he usually does when he has a heavy defeat.

Yeah good point. All champions have proven time over time again that they all have the incentive to work even harder after heavy defeats. From that perspective of view it's probably even better that he lost 6:1 instead of 6:4 or 6:5. And not to mention that he was favourite all the time, people always expecting him to win so this puts a little bit pressure off his back as well.

Postby Cannonball

Tomorrows final may not get the same page count. Win or lose, everyone is obsessed with Ronnie, especially so called fans of snooker who don't like him! rofl Ronnie is literally 50% of snooker. Viewing figures will drop off tomorrow guaranteed. Only Trump has the potential persona to take over and be a shadow of the Enigma. The rest couldn't even be his shadow. rofl

Postby Andre147

Some interesting things Ronnie had to say post-match, and I agree with him:

"Neil played a great game and had me in lots of trouble. I missed a lot of balls and made a lot of mistakes. I knew it was coming eventually because I've been scraping through matches. The last time I played good consistent stuff was here and at the Welsh Open last season. Since then I've probably only played two good matches - the rest of the time I've just been digging in. Neil played well enough to expose my weaknesses - he took me apart.

I'm not the player I was 18 months ago, but I think I can get it back by playing in more tournaments. You can't go missing for five or six frames, as I am doing. I had years of that, and it makes things tough."

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 54,00.html

He'll bounce back from this like the great player he is, if anything, like TR said earlier, it's better losing this way than losing 6-4 or 6-5. He knows he needs to work on his cue ball control and not make too many silly mistakes. By playing more we'll see how that turns out, but as I say he'll bounce back from this stronger.

Postby Clara8633

Cannonball wrote:Tomorrows final may not get the same page count. Win or lose, everyone is obsessed with Ronnie, especially so called fans of snooker who don't like him! rofl Ronnie is literally 50% of snooker. Viewing figures will drop off tomorrow guaranteed. Only Trump has the potential persona to take over and be a shadow of the Enigma. The rest couldn't even be his shadow. rofl

ROS's QF match didn't have many pages. In fact, it has virtually the same amount of messages as the 1st round of Allen v Higgins :chuckle:

Only idiots like you can say that ROS is 50% of snooker. That just proves you're not a true snooker fan.

Postby Roland

Cannonball wrote:Tomorrows final may not get the same page count. Win or lose, everyone is obsessed with Ronnie, especially so called fans of snooker who don't like him! rofl Ronnie is literally 50% of snooker. Viewing figures will drop off tomorrow guaranteed. Only Trump has the potential persona to take over and be a shadow of the Enigma. The rest couldn't even be his shadow. rofl

I have to say, you are a massive bell end

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:To be fair Skull Ronnie still plays to a much higher standard now than Higgins did in 2011

People act like Ronnie never missed a shot between 2001 and 2008 rofl

Ronnie always was VERY up and down, even at the majors. That's why he hasn't won more.

Nowadays he isn't letting frustration get to him that cost him loads of matches in the past but that doesn't mean he'll win every match. Especially against the World No.1 playing his A-game.

Every Fan sees things with rose tinted specs at time.

Davis, Hendry or Ronnie they have all missed pots at their best or under pressure the difference is not that offten....

over the last 3 years whhere Ronnie has had a pretty consistent time of it players did not take advantage and put him under pressure. Today we saw what can happen when players puts even Ronnie under Pressure.

Postby Roland

How long before Ronnie stops being considered the best player in the world and simply one of the big four or six alongside Robbo, Selby, Ding, Judd and dare I say it, Murphy? Robbo and Selby have his measure at this moment in time, Judd will be next and if Ding has one good win over him in a big match then all of a sudden Ronnie will be "in decline" to coin a phrase. Of course he'll still be brilliant if he lives to be 80+ but the results since the World Final are starting to hint that a natural changing of the guard is taking place.

Postby Cannonball

Roland wrote:

rofl

Proves my point!

Postby Roland

Cannonball wrote:
Roland wrote:

rofl

Proves my point!

:weeds:

Postby Andre147

Roland wrote:How long before Ronnie stops being considered the best player in the world and simply one of the big four or six alongside Robbo, Selby, Ding, Judd and dare I say it, Murphy? Robbo and Selby have his measure at this moment in time, Judd will be next and if Ding has one good win over him in a big match then all of a sudden Ronnie will be "in decline" to coin a phrase. Of course he'll still be brilliant if he lives to be 80+ but the results since the World Final are starting to hint that a natural changing of the guard is taking place.

It will happen, it's inevitable, but in 2012 when Judd beat Ronnie at Masters many said it was change of the guard and Ronnie proved them all wrong :wave:

And he'll prove you again all wrong with your change of the guard statment when he wins his next tournament :wave: Ronnie will be still around for a few more years winning big titles, despite many wanting the change of the guard <laugh>

Postby Roland

It's not a case of wanting it or not, stop being so sensitive. It is happening. I'm not saying Ronnie won't win another big event but it certainly appears that his days of prolific winning are numbered. He now has to deal with the pressure of players not being scared of beating him any more.

Postby Andre147

Christ its like SO says, Ronnie cant lose a match these days losing heavily and all of the sudden the decline talk and change of the guard appears.. give me a break. pmsl

He wont be around forever, but he'll still win more titles before he definately retires. Wait until he beats Robbo and Selby again :wave:

Postby Cannonball

Roland wrote:How long before Ronnie stops being considered the best player in the world and simply one of the big four or six alongside Robbo, Selby, Ding, Judd and dare I say it, Murphy? Robbo and Selby have his measure at this moment in time, Judd will be next and if Ding has one good win over him in a big match then all of a sudden Ronnie will be "in decline" to coin a phrase. Of course he'll still be brilliant if he lives to be 80+ but the results since the World Final are starting to hint that a natural changing of the guard is taking place.

He's the best ever. No-one has done the biz at 39, not even and especially Hendry. He's still the best because the kids have ten years on him. Let's see what they do at 39 eh? As you say, he's still the best, i.e. 'how long' rofl

It's been a great week of snooker, some lovely stuff from Robbo. And of course:

776!

Postby Cannonball

Roland wrote:It's not a case of wanting it or not, stop being so sensitive. It is happening. I'm not saying Ronnie won't win another big event but it certainly appears that his days of prolific winning are numbered. He now has to deal with the pressure of players not being scared of beating him any more.

What a load of rot, he's been dealing with pressure for a long time. Higgins and MJW put plenty of pressure on him, and Hendry, even Ebdon. So what, he bounces back, proving form is temporary and his true class is genius.

His days of prolific winning are numbered? Really, based on one poor match at the end of a run of 15. Really? So winning tournaments this season suggests his days are numbered!? And you're a snooker expert? rofl

Postby Roland

Selby beat him in the biggest match of the year, Judd pushed him in 2 finals and had him seriously scared in the second which he nearly lost, Robertson has just spanked him. It's a new kind of pressure for Ronnie to deal with. Let's just see how he deals with it. It's only Robbo, Selby and Judd who have him in their sights at the moment but Ding isn't far off. Ronnie won't go on winning forever although he'll always be there or thereabouts.

Postby Cloud Strife

Roland wrote:Selby beat him in the biggest match of the year, Judd pushed him in 2 finals and had him seriously scared in the second which he nearly lost, Robertson has just spanked him. It's a new kind of pressure for Ronnie to deal with. Let's just see how he deals with it. It's only Robbo, Selby and Judd who have him in their sights at the moment but Ding isn't far off. Ronnie won't go on winning forever although he'll always be there or thereabouts.

Ding is million miles off, mate. He's no nearer to solving his temperament issues than he was 4 years ago. It's all good and well saying I know how to beat Ronnie now I'll get him next time, but he has to go out and actually do it.

The other three are on a par with Ronnie at the moment, I would say.