Post a reply

Hendry hoping Ronnie retires!

Postby Andre147

lol Stephen, afraid that Ronnie nicks your World Titles record or the others you have? :lol: :limp2:

"That's the one I'd really like to keep because if Ronnie doesn't do it, I can't see anyone else doing it.

"I'm hoping he retires soon."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/snooker/30841533

If anything you should relish the chance of Ronnie beating them and becoming the best ever, in many people's eyes already the best.

Hopefully Ronnie won't retire anytime soon and give you that pleasure :wave:

Re: Hendry hoping Ronnie retires!

Postby freakmoomin

obviously the interview is in good spirits and its light hearted.....i have no doubt that Hendo would like to keep his records but im sure its not worrying him too much.

Although the last 2 paragraphs nearly made me cream my pants........!!! id love to see Hendry return for the worlds! its just not the same without him :(

Postby Wildey

If the shoe was on the other foot and Ronnie had 8 Worlds and Judd or someone in the future was on 6 or 7 would Ronnie care about it?

yes im sure he would want to keep the record but he would respect someone if they did it.

Same with Stephen its a tongue in cheek comment nothing more nothing less

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:If the shoe was on the other foot and Ronnie had 8 Worlds and Judd or someone in the future was on 6 or 7 would Ronnie care about it?

yes im sure he would want to keep the record but he would respect someone if they did it.

Actually I think Hendry wants Ronnie to break his records. He was genuinely disappointed after Ronnie lost to Selby in May. Stephen has so much respect for Ronnie, I think he sees it as an honor if he overtakes him.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:If the shoe was on the other foot and Ronnie had 8 Worlds and Judd or someone in the future was on 6 or 7 would Ronnie care about it?

Actually I think Hendry wants Ronnie to break his records. He was genuinely disappointed after Ronnie lost to Selby in May. Stephen has so much respect for Ronnie, I think he sees it as an honor if he overtakes him.

Yes I posted this but as Wild says it's just fun and games from Hendry,because if there's one player out there he'd like to break his records, Ronnie is definately the one because like Hendry himself says Ronnie plays the game similar to what he used to and in Hendry's view he's the greatest ever already.

He was disappointed last year wasn't he <laugh> just shows the character of the man :hatoff: