8%
No votes
8%
8%
15%
23%
31%

Total votes : 13

How Many World Titles Would Hendry Have Won If..............

Postby Cannonball

..........he'd turn professional with Ronnie, Higgins and MJW in 1992? Let's say he's the same age as Ronnie for the sake of debate.

Re: How Many World Titles Would Hendry Have Won If..........

Postby Andre147

Never liked this "If" debate... what if Ronnie had turned pro in 1980, how many worlds would he have won? It's just a wild guess, I put 3 on that list but it's anyone guess and really isnt a point of much discussion.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 wrote:Never liked this "If" debate... what if Ronnie had turned pro in 1980, how many worlds would he have won? It's just a wild guess, I put 3 on that list but it's anyone guess and really isnt a point of much discussion.

It depends how people weight and rate different eras. Yes, your question would be the obverse of mine. So I will answer it, 12. I think he would have mopped up the 80s, most of the 90s and still be going strong after the millenium. Davis would be the biggest casualty. But Hendry would have about half I reckon, maybe 4. If Ronnie had turned pro with Hendry, then I reckon he'd have won 9.

Postby Richproc

I don't think it would of made any difference when Hendry would of played as he is far more driven than Ronnie, Higgins or Williams so he would always of won more. Also people on here either don't know or don't remember how good Hendry was if he was around now at his peak he would be world number 1 as he was far more consistent than the others. Ronnie and Williams both say Hendry could give them starts at his best and still win which I don't agree with but what a player he was at his best. Also he was the only player to dominate while still playing all out attack even Ronnie had to play more safety to dominate.

Postby freakmoomin

i was torn between 5 and 6.......I defo think it would have been less than 7, but at his peak his play and mentality was just out of this world, and i think it would still be high number.

but it goes without saying that he would he have taken titles from the rest aswell so Higgins, ROS, MW's totals would most likely be less also

Postby Wildey

Whats important to note Higgins, and Ronnie was pushing each other with Hendry as a Goal.

had hendry been in the mix with those players he would have been pushed along too and i think would have been tied with Ronnie on 5 with Higgins on 3 and Williams still on 2 But 2 out of Ebdon, Doherty, Murphy or Dott would have missed out on being World Champion.