Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Ding Junhui v Joe Perry !

Postby Cannonball

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I agree with Andre. You seem to have a keen eye for the technical stuff.

However as a coach you probably also have to work with people who dislike Ronnie rofl

Resisting temptation to set £15 aside so I can tourist Ronnie off to Cannonball for an hour...

rofl I can see a great line of people with 15 quid in hand....

Postby Cannonball

Skullman wrote:Amazing how Ding's made a frame winning break considering where the balls were when he started. :hatoff:

3-2.

He's the best break-builder in the biz, and Ronnie said that. His touch is immaculate (when he's on form) and he really understands cannons, stuns, stun-run-throughs intimately. Roland did a great piece on Ding's ability to make breaks look easy a while back. Worth a read. It's technical, but then so is break-building.
Last edited by Cannonball on 14 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:Looked like Ding was having a pint then....

Are players banned from alcoholic beverages now or do they just refuse a drink? I always imagined that if I was a pro, I'd take in a hip flask full of my favourite malt and sip it out the flask neat.

Postby Cannonball

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Why does this ref appear and sound like he should be in a Mike Myers movie?

I think he sounds a bit like Latka from the tv show taxi (played by Andy Kaufman).

:spot on:

Postby vodkadiet

Cannonball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Looked like Ding was having a pint then....

Are players banned from alcoholic beverages now or do they just refuse a drink? I always imagined that if I was a pro, I'd take in a hip flask full of my favourite malt and sip it out the flask neat.

Who would know if someone was drinking gin or vodka instead of water?

Postby Skullman

masterdoctorgenius wrote:the funny thing is, the three times it happened everytime a freeball was left

That's what I meant by third time. If we're just counting frames won requiring snookers, there were four as Mags won one of those against Judd.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:the funny thing is, the three times it happened everytime a freeball was left

That's what I meant by third time. If we're just counting frames won requiring snookers, there were four as Mags won one of those against Judd.

It just proves that you never know what happens. I remember Selby winning a frame against Hendry after needing 5(?) snooker in the WC 2011.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Holy rubbish. This is the third time(?) now that a player wins a frame after getting a snooker+frameball

Unbelievable! But this one tops the other two! And it wasn't even a great snooker.

To be fair, it was a very poor escape by Ding but what a clearance that was from Perry. Balls of steel.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:

It just proves that you never know what happens. I remember Selby winning a frame against Hendry after needing 5(?) snooker in the WC 2011.

Also remember that match, Hendry was bemused by all of it rofl

And dont think Ive seen a tournament, especially this early, where players have won so many frames when requiring snookers. This one that Perry won, crazy....
Last edited by Andre147 on 14 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:

That's why I don't understand why people whinge when players play on for snookers. If there's enough balls on the table, why wouldn't they? Shows a desire to win.

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:It just proves that you never know what happens. I remember Selby winning a frame against Hendry after needing 5(?) snooker in the WC 2011.

Needed four, but Hendry got a snooker himself part way through the process.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:

That's one of my favourite moments in all the years I've been watching snooker. If someone had given Hendry a knife after that frame I think he would quite happily have used it to stab Selby to death with it.