Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Allen v John Higgins !

Postby Cannonball

Allen's weakest link is his bizarre sighting system up the side of his face. His dominant right eye may be directly over the cue, but it doesn't help his cueing when his head is pointing in a different direction. Again, not many coaches would allow this to go on. Quite a few players use the 'inside' the cue eye; Ronnie, Judd, Robbo. But directly using the eye outside the cue is strange. Most right eye dominant players stick to centre chin and angle the head, so that the right eye is over the cue, or they play to the right of the chin to bring the right eye into allignment with the cue. Allen's approach works for him obviously, but I think it's holding him back from his true potential.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Before the start of the week Ronnie v Allen was my dream final. Let's see if we get it.

No Ronnie v Judd? rofl or even Selby v Ronnie?

Just joking, yes these two havent played for along time and their only high profile match was at the Worlds 2009 which Allen won.

You get my way of thinking.

Another Robbo v Ronnie final is even more overdue but it's obviously not possible this week.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Yes I also compared him with Stevens a bit earlier. I just hope he doesnt become another Stevens and doesnt win the Worlds, nobody back in 2000 would have thought Matthew would never become World Champ but fact is he didnt win it, and he certainly wont win it now.

Maybe Allen needs to have a kind draw to ever win the Worlds or even UK or Masters, because if he faces too many top players like Ronnie, Robbo or Ding, he's bound to lose at some point, because unlike them he lacks consistency in his game.

Hopefully we can say that about Judd and Ding as well. In their case it would be even a bigger shame. I still believe that if Judd had won it in 2011, he would have a lot more trophies under his belt now.

If the next generation (Brecel, ...) carry on playing like they have so far, Ding and Trump don't have to worry about that.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Before the start of the week Ronnie v Allen was my dream final. Let's see if we get it.

Just joking, yes these two havent played for along time and their only high profile match was at the Worlds 2009 which Allen won.

Another Robbo v Ronnie final is even more overdue but it's obviously not possible this week.

Surprised Allen and Ronnie have only met 3 times in their careers. Yes a high profile match like a Final here would be a great one to watch, and a Final between Robbo and Ronnie aswell, but like you say not here at the Masters.

My ideal semis line-up would be Robbo v Ronnie and Allen v Maguire (sory no Murphy), with the Final being the one you said.

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Surprised Allen and Ronnie have only met 3 times in their careers. Yes a high profile match like a Final here would be a great one to watch, and a Final between Robbo and Ronnie aswell, but like you say not here at the Masters.

My ideal semis line-up would be Robbo v Ronnie and Allen v Maguire (sory no Murphy), with the Final being the one you said.

Switch Mags and Murphy up and I'd take that, on the condition Ronnie plays his normal standard not what he played yesterday.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

AC or LT? wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Switch Mags and Murphy up and I'd take that, on the condition Ronnie plays his normal standard not what he played yesterday.

Don't you worry about Ronnie ;-)

Postby Skullman

V.V wrote:exactly

the right draw and the bulldozer gets throuht

that is what meant by calling him buldozer

ronnie, robbo and even selby are old men when allen is still in his prime.so only trump and ding left to be won then

Allen is only a couple of years younger than Selby. He's not that young.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Incidentally, maybe we'll have a Robbo v Allen final, considering there's been a Robbo v Allen match for the last four years.

Maybe the pattern the continue.

You just love finding patterns dont you... that one is a bit obvious, but I dont think I could have worked that one out. Anything to not see Ronnie in the Final I suppose :john:

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:I'd take Ronnie in the final if Allen wasn't there :irk:

Although now Selby's out, I'd be routing for Robbo regardless of opponent.

You dislike Allen more than Ronnie? :shock:

Yes.

Postby Cannonball

V.V wrote:How come we talk about the masters without trump and selby?

Iknow they lost a match but still, very weird

Murphy and maguire ain't real champions these days

Because they're cr-ap.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:I'd take Ronnie in the final if Allen wasn't there :irk:

Although now Selby's out, I'd be routing for Robbo regardless of opponent.

You dislike Allen more than Ronnie? :shock:

Yes.

So you would be rooting for Ronnie in a potential final against Allen?

If you do you can't chicken out like you did with Trump at the CoC final though.

Postby V.V

Cannonball wrote:
V.V wrote:How come we talk about the masters without trump and selby?

Iknow they lost a match but still, very weird

Murphy and maguire ain't real champions these days

Because they're cr-ap.

Selby and trump

or

maggies farm and the sumo

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:I really enjoyed this one.
Always good to meet up with SnookerFan, though I will say he claims to have a variety of snooker themed t-shirts but I've only ever seen one in FIVE years!

I deliberately wear the same one, because I know I'm seeing you. <laugh>

It's getting a bit tatty now.