Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Allen v John Higgins !

Postby Cannonball

AC or LT? wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I got tickets to this one.

Good, that means you won't be posting your inane marmite on the forum for a while.

Oooh, you're bitter, whatever can the matter be? Keep posting SF.

775!

Postby Cannonball

Muppet147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I got tickets to this one.

Good, that means you won't be posting your inane marmite on the forum for a while.

You're a fine one to talk.

:hatoff:

Postby Cannonball

Skullman wrote:565. A long way behind Hendry and Ronnie, but he's still comfortably third for the next few years at least, considering fourth placed Robbo is on 394.

Interesting with Higgins on 565 and Ronnie on 775, as they both turned pro together with MJW. I wonder what his ton record is? The Beeb have forecast Ronnie to hit 1000 tons aged 45. Whether he can keep up his standard till then is debatable. It would be a miracle in my view.

Postby Cannonball

Cannonball wrote:
Skullman wrote:565. A long way behind Hendry and Ronnie, but he's still comfortably third for the next few years at least, considering fourth placed Robbo is on 394.

Interesting with Higgins on 565 and Ronnie on 775, as they both turned pro together with MJW. I wonder what his ton record is? The Beeb have forecast Ronnie to hit 1000 tons aged 45. Whether he can keep up his standard till then is debatable. It would be a miracle in my view.

I think Ronnie has hit 775 in less time than Hendry did, by three years?

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:

1000 seems a bit too far, depends how long he'll play though.

I think he may finish his career close to 900 tons or something like that.

I dont care much though, he'll break Hendry's record in the process and that's what matters most.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

1000 seems a bit too far, depends how long he'll play though.

I think he may finish his career close to 900 tons or something like that.

I dont care much though, he'll break Hendry's record in the process and that's what matters most.

Hendry can say he's not bothered all day. We all know he is; he loves those records and they'll be gone soon enough. End of the day, Hendry made those records when all he had to beat was a high in the sky Jimmy. Ronnie has played Hendry, Higgins, MJW, Dott, Ding, Trump, Robbo, Selby, etc, etc, at their peaks which makes his 775 far superior. He's done it in less time as well. Same as his 13 x 147 really. A real record in a REAL era.
Last edited by Cannonball on 13 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby AC or LT?

Cannonball wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

I think Ronnie has hit 775 in less time than Hendry did, by three years?

Frames played up to that point should be the major measure (the less the better)?

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Can't watch this one tomorrow :irk: Maybe I'll catch the last few frames if I'm lucky.

Shame. I think it'll be a cracking match, I'm expecting an Allen win as Higgins as been dismal in recent times to say the least, but he may give Allen a good game. 6-4 or 6-5 for Allen I think it will be the outcome.

Postby SnookerFan

AC or LT? wrote:Good, that means you won't be posting your inane marmite on the forum for a while.

Cannonball wrote:Oooh, you're bitter, whatever can the matter be? Keep posting SF.

775!

Muppet147 wrote:You're a fine one to talk.

I've just seen all this. <laugh>

I'm out having a drink, and you lot are talking this? :party:

How charismatic must I be, that you lot talking about me when I'm not online. :D

Postby Sickpotter

"End of the day, Hendry made those records when all he had to beat was a high in the sky Jimmy. Ronnie has played Hendry, Higgins, MJW, Dott, Ding, Trump, Robbo, Selby, etc, etc, at their peaks which makes his 775 far superior. He's done it in less time as well. Same as his 13 x 147 really. A real record in a REAL era.
LAST EDITED BY CANNONBALL ON TUE JAN"

Boy you sure can draw some interesting conclusions :roll:

One can easily argue playing conditions were less conducive to tons early in Hendry's career and there were less events available making Hendrys record more "real".

How many frames did Hendry play to reach his record vs how many Ronnie played? That's all you want to look at.

Honestly mate, ROS is finally in a position to overtake Hendrys ton record and all you do is try to devalue Hendrys record. Pathetic fanboyism at its best :clap:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sickpotter wrote:How many frames did Hendry play to reach his record vs how many Ronnie played? That's all you want to look at.

That's an easy one actually. Both have 775 centuries.

Hendry played 11.703 frames in his career, 15.1 frames per century
Ronnie played 9.248 frames so far in his career, 11.9 frames per century

Postby vodkadiet

Sickpotter wrote:"End of the day, Hendry made those records when all he had to beat was a high in the sky Jimmy. Ronnie has played Hendry, Higgins, MJW, Dott, Ding, Trump, Robbo, Selby, etc, etc, at their peaks which makes his 775 far superior. He's done it in less time as well. Same as his 13 x 147 really. A real record in a REAL era.
LAST EDITED BY CANNONBALL ON TUE JAN"

Boy you sure can draw some interesting conclusions :roll:

One can easily argue playing conditions were less conducive to tons early in Hendry's career and there were less events available making Hendrys record more "real".

How many frames did Hendry play to reach his record vs how many Ronnie played? That's all you want to look at.

Honestly mate, ROS is finally in a position to overtake Hendrys ton record and all you do is try to devalue Hendrys record. Pathetic fanboyism at its best :clap:

The tables today make it easier to make a maximum than to make a century 30 years ago.

Anyway, all this talk about centuries is irrelevant. Winning matches is what it is all about.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Another seed falls. Only 2 out of 6 have progressed and it's not like Ronnie and Robbo have sailed through.

Allen wont lose to Higgins though, John just cant beat these high rank players at the moment, he might give him a good game bu Allen will prove too strong for him I think.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Another seed falls. Only 2 out of 6 have progressed and it's not like Ronnie and Robbo have sailed through.

Allen wont lose to Higgins though, John just cant beat these high rank players at the moment, he might give him a good game bu Allen will prove too strong for him I think.

Fingers crossed for Allen, let snooker justice be done!

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Good, that means you won't be posting your inane marmite on the forum for a while.

Cannonball wrote:Oooh, you're bitter, whatever can the matter be? Keep posting SF.

775!

Muppet147 wrote:You're a fine one to talk.

You're out for a drink, yet still posting.

I've just seen all this. <laugh>

I'm out having a drink, and you lot are talking this? :party:

How charismatic must I be, that you lot talking about me when I'm not online. :D