Topic locked

Re: Dafabet Masters Pre Tournament Discussion !!!

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
shankly wrote:Who knows, might just be man flu. Maybe we'll hear more from his camp in the next couple of days. Reckon he'll be fine, both preparation-wise and during the match.

Out of curiosity, do you know what happens if he does withdraw? Does Selby get a walkover or does he play the world no. 16?

Actually, I've no idea. Most tournaments it'd be a walkover, but most tournaments you have more than one match at a time. I'd assume that the organisers would have some kind of back-up plan, so they didn't have to refund tickets. I'm guessing though.

Hum interesting that, ideally he'd be replaced by no.16 unless it was a last minute withdraw, but yeah it's an interesting point this.

But nevermind, Murphy will certainly play in the event me thinks.

No report of what is wrong with him, so hopefully nothing serious. Possibly just taking precautions pre-Masters.

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Anyway, enough of this boring nonsense. On to more serious matters; will the Maximum Man make his 14th 147 at the Masters?

Postby Wildey

Murphy Couldnt be bothered traveling to play in The CL Feeling a bit rubbish he will be in the masters i cant even believe theres a discussion about it. its as if he pulled out of the UK Championship or something.

When Ronnie pulls out of Group 5 just 1 guess who will be taking his place?

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Murphy Couldnt be bothered traveling to play in The CL Feeling a bit rubbish he will be in the masters i cant even believe theres a discussion about it. its as if he pulled out of the UK Championship or something.

I doubt Ronnie will pull out of Group 5 or Group 6 if he doesnt win the 5th. However, if he cant win both, then yes I would expect him to pull out much like he did in 2011 when he didnt win Group 2 and then decided he couldnt be bothered to play in it again.

Murphy will play at the Masters that much is certain. Just out of curiosity Wild, if a player pulled out do you think it would be replaced by 16th ranked player? Or 17th if all of the top 16 were there at the expense of Carter?

Postby shankly

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:Murphy Couldnt be bothered traveling to play in The CL Feeling a bit rubbish he will be in the masters i cant even believe theres a discussion about it. its as if he pulled out of the UK Championship or something.

I doubt Ronnie will pull out of Group 5 or Group 6 if he doesnt win the 5th. However, if he cant win both, then yes I would expect him to pull out much like he did in 2011 when he didnt win Group 2 and then decided he couldnt be bothered to play in it again.

Reckon he'll play Group 5/6 as a warm up for German. However it's worth noting how packed the schedule is around that time:

4-8 Feb: German Masters
9-10 Feb: Group 7
11-12 Feb: CL winners group
12-15 Feb: China/Indian qualifiers in Barnsley
16-22 Feb: Welsh

So I guess his involvement in CL will depend on how far he gets in the German and if he's playing China. I agree though, probably won't bother with it if he doesn't win groups 5/6.

Equal parts amused/bemused/amazed at how every discussion here tends to Ronnie eventually. And I can't believe I've just looked up the tournament calendar to predict what he's going to play in! C'mon Shank you're better than this. Lol, shameless really.

Postby Andre147

shankly wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Reckon he'll play Group 5/6 as a warm up for German. However it's worth noting how packed the schedule is around that time:

4-8 Feb: German Masters
9-10 Feb: Group 7
11-12 Feb: CL winners group
12-15 Feb: China/Indian qualifiers in Barnsley
16-22 Feb: Welsh

So I guess his involvement in CL will depend on how far he gets in the German and if he's playing China. I agree though, probably won't bother with it if he doesn't win groups 5/6.

Equal parts amused/bemused/amazed at how every discussion here tends to Ronnie eventually. And I can't believe I've just looked up the tournament calendar to predict what he's going to play in! C'mon Shank you're better than this. Lol, shameless really.

I can't believe you went through so much trouble just to see how far his involvement is likely to be at the most tin pot of events possible <laugh> I personally only want him to play in it so that he can add a few more tons to his career, if he decided to pull out tomorrow though I wouldnt be bothered in the slighest as this event should have long been removed from the calendar.

Postby Skullman

Had a proper break from the snooker and likely won't be properly back until the Masters starts, but just noticed we now live in a snooker world where Ronnie turns up to the Champions League and there's no Selby...

Postby SnookerFan

ANOTHER INTERESTING CONSIDERATION!

I wonder what the weather will look like next week. My journey from my flat to The Masters has often been blighted by the weather. Sometimes it's been snowing, and I'll end up arriving at the matches looking like this :snowman:

A couple of years back I was waiting for what seemed like an eternity for a train to come to East Croydon. I was stood there, ticket in had, legitimately not being sure whether I'd make it or not.

What will this year bring on my annual arctic style exhibition?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Apparently they're selling extra seats due to huge demand for tickets.

An extra 300 tickets I understand.

I have a friend who will go there this year, in fact it's one of our ES commentators, think he'll be there on Monday and I think he will stay there the whole week. Someday I'll go there aswell, not this year but maybe the next if everything goes well. I'd very much like to meet some of Snooker Island members, a lot diferent than just chatting around here.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Snookerfan

Have you ever seen Ronnie Corbett in Croydon? He has lived there for many years.

No, I haven't. But know he lives there. Think he lives in the borough as oppose to the main town.

Somewhere more posh than me, I think.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:He'd have to be really ill not to take his place in the Masters. £12.5k just for showing up.

Don't worry. Murphy -erm- cleared it up with this latest tweet.

Shaun Murphy @Magician147 You been smooching with everybody. Snuffy, Al, Meo, little Mo with the gimpy leg, Cheeks, Bony Bob, Cliff!!!!

:? Thanks for that Shaun, good to know.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:He'd have to be really ill not to take his place in the Masters. £12.5k just for showing up.

Don't worry. Murphy -erm- cleared it up with this latest tweet.

Shaun Murphy @Magician147 You been smooching with everybody. Snuffy, Al, Meo, little Mo with the gimpy leg, Cheeks, Bony Bob, Cliff!!!!

:? Thanks for that Shaun, good to know.

Home Alone 2 :D Shaun :bowdown:

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Talking of which....

TWITTER ATTACK!

Ricky Walden ‏@RickyWalden147 Excited about the Masters! Great tournament to start the year with!

He won't be so excited when Ronnie beats him :wave: mind you, Ronnie is usually very vulnerable in the opening round of the Masters, but he'll beat Walden I'm sure. Walden's momentum from the IC has been long lost with poor runs in the UK Champs and not qualifying for German Masters.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:Talking of which....

TWITTER ATTACK!

Ricky Walden ‏@RickyWalden147 Excited about the Masters! Great tournament to start the year with!

Hopefully he'll win his opening match.

Postby Cannonball

The organisers have ducked the schedule up big time. Sunday is a total bore fest. This is when ratings can be maxed, when folk have time off. Ronnie should have been playing on Sunday at 7pm ffs, instead of Tuesday at 1pm. Jesus. Then we have Judd playing at 1pm on a Monday as well; he should have been on at 7pm with Robbo switching to 7pm on Tuesday. How difficult can it be to put the stars on at prime time? The only one they got right is Ding at 7pm on Wednesday. WS are effin stupid. Apart from the Ding match, it's better to be in China to watch the 1st round!

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:The organisers have ducked the schedule up big time. Sunday is a total bore fest. This is when ratings can be maxed, when folk have time off. Ronnie should have been playing on Sunday at 7pm ffs, instead of Tuesday at 1pm. Jesus. Then we have Judd playing at 1pm on a Monday as well; he should have been on at 7pm with Robbo switching to 7pm on Tuesday. How difficult can it be to put the stars on at prime time? The only one they got right is Ding at 7pm on Wednesday. WS are effin stupid. Apart from the Ding match, it's better to be in China to watch the 1st round!

The BBC want most of the better matches in the afternoon sessions so that they can show it live, because if they had been at 7 p.m they wouldnt show it live as basically they will only show the evening session live in the Semis and Final. This is the main reason for it.