Topic locked

Kreativ Dental German Masters Last 128 and 64 Discussion !

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 17th ~ Friday 19th of December at the Robin Park Arena and Sports Centre, Wigan

The 5th Staging of the German Masters will start off in Wigan where 128 players will compete over 3 days to book their trip to the Tempodrom in Berlin.

Only 32 players will be making that trip in February.

Among the players starting out are Ronnie O'Sullivan, Neil Robertson, Judd Trump, Mark Williams, John Higgins, Steve Davis, Jimmy White, Defending Champion Ding Junhui and World Champion Mark Selby.

Who will go in to Christmas with a Trip to Berlin to look forward to?

DRAW

Selected Last 128 Matches

Graeme Dott v Michael Georgiou
Stuart Bingham v Zhou Yuelong
Kurt Maflin v Igor Figueiredo
Ding Junhui v Jamie Rhys Clarke
Mark Williams v Luca Brecel
Joe Perry v Scott Donaldson
Mark Allen v Robin Hull
Jimmy White v Tian Pengfei
Fergal O'Brien v Lyu Haotian
Judd Trump v Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Marco Fu v Steve Davis
Kyren Wilson v Zhang Anda
Aditya Mehta v Adam Duffy
Allister Carter v Sam Baird
Andrew Higginson v James Cahill
Ken Doherty v Vinnie Calabrese
Jack Lisowski v Oliver Lines
Mark Selby v Oliver Brown
Ronnie O'Sullivan v George Pragnall
Neil Robertson v Mitchell Mann
Xiao Guodong v Cao Xin Long
Nigel Bond v Tony Drago

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: German Masters Last 128 and Last 64 Discussion !!!

Postby Cannonball

Clara8633 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:Selby will be playing against Oliver Brown again.

Good luck Oli!

Good luck Mark, though he won't need it ;-)

No, because he will always have the new born baby excuse.

Postby Clara8633

Cannonball wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

Good luck Oli!

No, it's because he's a top player (whether you like it or not) who doesn't need the luck that I just mentioned.

Don't have the faintest idea why the "new born baby excuse" topic popped up when I said good luck O_o

Postby Cannonball

Clara8633 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

Good luck Oli!

No, it's because he's a top player (whether you like it or not) who doesn't need the luck that I just mentioned.

Don't have the faintest idea why the "new born baby excuse" topic popped up when I said good luck O_o

Just a general reference to the excuse people were making in the UK championship thread about Selby not being interested because of a new born. Obviously, I believe this is codswallop; it's not like he had a c-section or something! Babies never stopped Hendry and Ronnie, so if they're really stopping jestbot, then he's less of a player than I thought. I don't think it is, he just played crap. My theory that he peaked a season or two ago will have to be tested this season; we shall see! :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Postby Wildey

Hendry was never the same when he became a father the practice time was limited and as for Ronnie is he or is he not the most natural player that's ever been? so comparing Selby to Ronnie seems a bit daft.

Postby Cannonball

Wildey wrote:Hendry was never the same when he became a father the practice time was limited and as for Ronnie is he or is he not the most natural player that's ever been? so comparing Selby to Ronnie seems a bit daft.

Ronnie's got two kids, and he's split up, while Hendry had a wife and stable relationship, so it's harder for Ronnie. But Ronnie is 39 with two young kids, doing the school run, looking after them when he can and hitting maxis and winning tournaments. He survives on four hours a day of practice. Kids are an excuse. They go to school, there's all day and all of the evening to practice, at HOME, on YOUR OWN STAR table mind, with no shortage of practice buddies! Tournaments; ok, so dad is away at a tournament; mom steps in. If players want to practice, play and win, they will. It wasn't the kids for Hendry, it was age, decline after 30 and better, younger, hungrier competitors turning up in an era that was 300% more competitive. I say 300% because I reckon that's what ROS, MJW, JH, PE and SL did to snooker. Maybe it was more like 500% actually. Hendry was toast after Ebdon.

Postby Wildey

Last 128 Streaming Matches

Wednesday 17th of December

10am

Ricky Walden v Li Hang
Stuart Bingham v Zhou Yuelong

2.30pm

Ding Junhui v Jamie Rhys Clarke
Shaun Murphy v Joe O'Connor

7pm

Mark Allen v Robin Hull
Judd Trump v Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon

Thursday 18th of December

10am

Marco Fu v Steve Davis
Stephen Maguire v Alexander Ursenbache

2.30pm

Barry Hawkins v Noppon Saengkham
Mark Selby v Oliver Brown

7pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v George Pragnall
Neil Robertson v Mitchell Mann

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 17th of December

10am

Anthony Hamilton v Sydney Wilson
Ryan Day v Dave Harold
Graeme Dott v Michael Georgiou
Tom Ford v Andrew Pagett
Ricky Walden v Li Hang Streaming
Gerard Greene v Ratchayothin Yotharuck
Dechawat Poomjaeng v Stuart Carrington
Liang Wenbo v Ian Glover
Alan McManus v Zak Surety
Stuart Bingham v Zhou Yuelong Streaming

NB 11am

Kurt Maflin v Igor Figueiredo

2.30pm

Ding Junhui v Jamie Rhys Clarke Streaming
Peter Lines v Craig Steadman
Matthew Selt v Lyu Chenwei
Yu De Lu v Lee Walker
Mark Williams v Luca Brecel
Dominic Dale v Lu Ning
Mike Dunn v Michael Wasley
Robbie Williams v Matthew Day
Shaun Murphy v Joe O'Connor Streaming
Joe Perry v Scott Donaldson

NB 3.30pm

Jimmy Robertson v Hammad Miah

7pm

Mark Allen v Robin Hull Streaming
Ben Woollaston v Alex Davies
Cao Yupeng v Fraser Patrick
Matthew Stevens v Ian Burns
Mark Davis v Daniel Wells
Gary Wilson v Michael Leslie
Jimmy White v Tian Pengfei
Fergal O'Brien v Lyu Haotian
Judd Trump v Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon Streaming
Mark Joyce v Jak Jones

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:Just a general reference to the excuse people were making in the UK championship thread about Selby not being interested because of a new born. Obviously, I believe this is codswallop; it's not like he had a c-section or something! Babies never stopped Hendry and Ronnie, so if they're really stopping jestbot, then he's less of a player than I thought. I don't think it is, he just played crap. My theory that he peaked a season or two ago will have to be tested this season; we shall see! :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Nobody said he wasn't interested. He was interested enough to turn up and play.

Selby lost fair and square, and a few people commented on it might be fatigue due to late night nappy changing, or lack of practice. Doesn't make it an excuse, just an interesting point of speculation.

Seems an odd thing to get bent out of shape about. It got mentioned when discussing his match, but it wasn't like Ronnie's foot which got mentioned time and time again.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Just a general reference to the excuse people were making in the UK championship thread about Selby not being interested because of a new born. Obviously, I believe this is codswallop; it's not like he had a c-section or something! Babies never stopped Hendry and Ronnie, so if they're really stopping jestbot, then he's less of a player than I thought. I don't think it is, he just played crap. My theory that he peaked a season or two ago will have to be tested this season; we shall see! :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Nobody said he wasn't interested. He was interested enough to turn up and play.

Selby lost fair and square, and a few people commented on it might be fatigue due to late night nappy changing, or lack of practice. Doesn't make it an excuse, just an interesting point of speculation.

Seems an odd thing to get bent out of shape about. It got mentioned when discussing his match, but it wasn't like Ronnie's foot which got mentioned time and time again.

you see ronnie fans make excuses left right and center when ronnie isnt performing but its against the european court of human rights if other players has genuine reasons for not performing to their best.

Postby Wildey

Mike Dunn ‏@mikedunn147 42 minutes ago

Due to needing Emergency Surgery,I've had no choice but to withdraw from German Masters and World Seniors good luck to @MichaelWasley.

Postby SnookerFan

shankly wrote:Annoyed they aren't showing MJW vs Brecel. Wanted to watch that. :td:

That is a shocking decision. There's no way Shaun Murphy v Joe O'Connor is a better match than that one. Or Ding Junhui v Jamie Rhys Clarke, come to that.

I'm not able to watch so it doesn't matter, but another example of World Snooker's inability to pick the correct match to show.

Just because one player in a match is higher ranked, doesn't mean the match he's in is the one most people want to see.

Postby SnookerFan

I notice Dominic Dale is playing Lu Ning at the same time.

Shaun Murphy's reaction to losing to Lu Ning in the 2012 China Open will live on in my memory. He just wasn't expecting his opponent to outplay him so comprehensively. He sat in his chair, and stared at the floor. A man stunned that he was second best against a relatively unknown teenager.

It's surprising we haven't seen Lu Ning do more since. Maybe he won't do more, maybe that'll go down as the biggest moment of his career.

It'll be interesting to see the result of him and Dale. Dominic's a nice guy, always happy to see him get a run in a tournament too.